Islamic Relief Jobs Vacancies 2018 for Livestock Project Officer – Jobs in Ethiopia
አዳዲስ ስራዎች በኢትዮጵያ ውስጥ, Islamic Relief Jobs Vacancy, Islamic Relief Recruitment, Islamic Relief Jobs Opportunities… Job s details below…
ተፈላጊው አመልካች (ዎች) ይህንን እድል ለማጣራት በዚህ ገጽ ላይ ያሉትን ዝርዝሮች እና ሂደቶች ለመከተል.
Islamic Relief Jobs Vacancies 2018
Islamic Relief is an international relief and development charity founded in 1984 with its headquarters in Birmingham, UK. As well as responding to disasters and emergencies, Islamic Relief promotes sustainable economic and social development by working with local communities – regardless of race, religion or gender. The office officially started operation in Ethiopia in 2004. Islamic Relief Ethiopia (IRE) is operational in the Somali Regional State with a base office in Hargelle, Elkere, Bare, Dekasuftu, Jigjiga, Afar Regional State; Ewa & Gulina, Oromia Regional State, Chiro and an additional operational office in Addis Ababa. For more information please visit our website: http://www.islamic-relief.org/work-with-us
To ensure the Riverine Fodder Production interventions are successfully implemented according to approved donor and government agreements; and that the human, material and financial resources of the project are well managed in line with IR financial and donor guidelines.
· Develop and regularly update a detailed project work plan guiding the project implementation and ensure the project team under your management to monitor project progress towards completion.
· Identify appropriate fodder seed and small scale agricultural tools relevant to the locality and target community in collaboration with the local government
· Provide technical support to local community in production on fodder production and post-harvest management
· prepare and review quarterly and project life time activity plans and budget for the project under implementation
· Prepare and submit weekly, monthly, quarterly activity plans and reports of the project, and Submit to the relevant staff on time.
· Identify and request appropriate materials for the project as per the project document and ensure proper utilization of the project resources.
· Identify direct project beneficiaries in collaboration with the local community representatives and stakeholders from the government.
· Represent the office in matters related with the project in the meetings for knowledge sharing when delegated.
· Work closely with all stakeholders and ensure the community participation in the project activities.
· Work closely in a team with other project officers and contribute to the maximum of his /her knowledge to the project team in his/her areas of profession as deemed necessary
· Perform other functions as requested by the immediate supervisor
Qualification/Experiences and Skills Requirements
- Minimum degree in plant science, rangeland management, Animal science
- 3 years’ experience in fodder production project implementation with an international NGO
- Good technical knowledge on Sudan grass production and post-harvest management
- Experience in implementation, monitoring and evaluation of riverine fodder production
- Computer literate in word processing and excel packages
- Knowledge of the project area and Somali language is mandatory
How to Apply
Interested candidates shall provide a non-returnable application dossier contains the followings:
- Application letter stating clearly the Job Title you are applying for andDuty Station; and also write the position title in your subject line for your email.
- Up-to-date CV with (Salary history; Daytime telephone number and or an e-mail address)
- Names and addresses (email and telephone) of three referee persons, at least one of them should be from the recent employer
- Photocopies of all credentials, testimonials and supporting documents;
- Closing date for application is September 27, 2018.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please send all application through one of the following address:
- ISLAMIC RELIEF, HUMAN RESOURCE UNIT, P O BOX 27787 CODE 1000, ADDIS ABABA,
- E-mail: [email protected],
- In person to Addis Ababa, Country Office around the round about which is found on the way from Wollo Sefer to Wongelawit Building, Tel: 0114700973/66, Head Office