Islamic Relief Recruitment 2018 for Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (Meal) Officer
Islamic Relief Jobs Vacancy, Islamic Relief Recruitment, Islamic Relief Jobs Opportunities… Jobs details below…
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for the Islamic Relief Jobs Vacancies 2018. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Islamic Relief Jobs Vacancies 2018
Islamic Relief is an international relief and development charity founded in 1984 with its headquarters in Birmingham, UK. As well as responding to disasters and emergencies, Islamic Relief promotes sustainable economic and social development by working with local communities – regardless of race, religion or gender. The office officially started operation in Ethiopia in 2004. Islamic Relief Ethiopia (IRE) is operational in the Somali Regional State with a base office in Hargelle, Elkere, Bare, Dekasuftu, Jigjiga, Afar Regional State; Ewa & Gulina and an additional operational office in Addis Ababa. For more information please visit our website: http://www.islamic-relief.org/work-with-us
Under direct supervision of the Area Program Manager and matrix reporting to the country office MEAL Manager, the MEAL Officer will support Project Officers and Community Facilitators in performance and quality management, undertake MEAL related activities of ECHO HIP 2018 project being implemented in Somali region within the assigned program area. The Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning Officer is responsible for establishing and implementing an appropriate monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning systems at the program area, based on evidence of good practices and in line with Donor requirements to help ensure the successful delivery and attainment of project goals and objectives. S/he ensures that strong MEAL system is in place so that the implementation of the project is of high quality and accountable to beneficiaries, partners and donors.
- Together with the Project Officers and Community Facilitators develop sector specific M&E data management tools and provide training on the tools for project staff and woreda experts.
- Collect good quality monitoring data in a timely manner and organize data received for reporting to the Project Coordinator at field level and MEAL Manager at Country Office level.
- Produce monitoring checklists and conduct quarterly joint field process monitoring, quality assessment and data validation, and provide feedbacks and recommendations for timely improvement.
- Develop capacity of local communities, partners and staff on the program M&E framework, data management, and data analysis and results‐oriented programming, monitoring and evaluation methods and principles and reporting systems.
- Lead on monitoring and improving the synergy and integration of sectors to enhance delivery of outstanding results for the communities.
- Ensure that children, women and other vulnerable community members are actively participating in all Project and MEAL activities.
- Make sure the utilization of appropriate reporting templates that facilitate the acquisition and aggregation of data in sectors or develop and maintain effective database.
- Participate in all other aspects of MEAL, for example surveys, baselines, evaluations, joint projects monitoring and reviews / lessons learning workshops/events.
- Together with the Project and Governance Officers, undertake accountability activities, including the development and use of information sharing materials and the establishment of complaint response mechanisms. This may include management of Accountability issues, ensuring that complaints are logged and addressed in a professional and timely manner and that serious complaints relating to abuse, exploitation and corruption and referred appropriately.
- Serves as focal person for the mainstreaming and making sure that cross cutting issues are implemented and reflected in reporting such as gender, Governance and safeguarding policies/ procedures in the project activities.
- Promote learning in the project, particularly on issues of program quality. Regularly analyze data and produce reports and case studies; ensure new analysis and information is available
- Attend relevant woreda & community meetings as required and provide feedbacks if relevant.
- BA in social science fields preferably in Economics, Educational planning or BSc in Mathematics or Statistics.
- At least three years of relevant experience and required to have at least two years experience in monitoring and evaluation of programs in NGO setting.
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skill.
- Excellent oral and written communications in English and Somali language are mandatory.
- Computer skills, especially Basic Microsoft Offices & SPSS is necessary
How to Apply
Interested candidates shall provide a non-returnable application dossier contains the followings:
Application letter stating clearly the Job Title you are applying for and Duty Station; and also write the position title in your subject line for your email.
Up-to-date CV with (Salary history; Daytime telephone number and or an e-mail address)
Names and addresses (email and telephone) of three referee persons, at least one of them should be from the recent employer
Photocopies of all credentials, testimonials and supporting documents;
Closing date for application is August 21, 2018.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please send all application through one of the following address:
ISLAMIC RELIEF, HUMAN RESOURCE UNIT, P O BOX 27787 CODE 1000, ADDIS ABABA,
In person to Addis Ababa, Country Office around the round about which is found on the way from Wollo Sefer to Wongelawit Building, Tel: 0114700973/66, Head Office