Management Science for Health Jobs Vacancies 2018 for System Analyst – Jobs in Ethiopia
አዳዲስ ስራዎች በኢትዮጵያ ውስጥ, Jsi – Data Use Partnership (Dup) Project Jobs Vacancy, Jsi – Data Use Partnership (Dup) Project Recruitment, Jsi – Data Use Partnership (Dup) Project Jobs Opportunities… Job s details below…
ተፈላጊው አመልካች (ዎች) ይህንን እድል ለማጣራት በዚህ ገጽ ላይ ያሉትን ዝርዝሮች እና ሂደቶች ለመከተል.
Jsi – Data Use Partnership (Dup) Project Jobs Vacancies 2018
John Snow, Inc. (JSI) seeks to recruit a System Analyst for its Data Use Project (DUP). The goal of the project is to improve collection and use of high quality routine information; improve the quality, efficiency and availability of primary health, and nutrition services at all levels of the Ethiopian health system. JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc. (JSI) is a public health management consulting and research organization dedicated to improving the health of individuals and communities throughout the world.
Summary of Responsibilities
The System Analyst will work as a team with the IT Specialist and the Health Informatics Specialist. He/ she will assist the Project and the FMoH Health Information Technology Directorate in the design, testing and roll-out of the electronic health information systems. The Systems Analyst will be engaged in the complete life-cycle of new/modified IT system like electronic health architecture (eHA), electronic HMIS (DHIS2), the electronic Community Health Information System (eCHIS), and electronic medical record (EMR) systems – from analyzing existing to implementing new system features and providing training to end-users.
* Define project scope, approach and types of resources required.
* Participate in short and long-term planning sessions with FMOH and DUP to improve health information systems
* Provide recommendations for prioritization of HIS initiatives based on understanding of health system needs, HIT workload, and budget.
* Reviews, analyzes and finalizes cost estimate plan for Health Information system.
Technical Requirements/System Specifications
* Support the translation of health system requirements into technical requirements.
* Support the formulation and definition of system scope and objective based on user needs and understanding of health system processes.
* Participate in solution design by preparing and evaluating alternative workflow solutions.
* Collaborate with other HIT staff to determine the technical solutions to address health system needs or improvement.
* Ensure compliance with eHealth architecture and governance standards.
* Ensure completeness of technical requirements and functional architecture analysis for the design and implementation of HIS solutions.
* Participate on TWGS involved in the analysis and design of new system.
* Develops and presents proposals for modifications or replacement systems to improve health system results.
* Collaborates with other HIT teams in recommending options, identifying risks, and analyzing cost vs. benefits.
* Develop test plans and monitors testing process to ensure that health system results are adequately tested with minimal risk.
* Develop system test cases and validates test results during testing.
* Analyze testing results to ensure the solution meets the needs of the health system.
* Facilitate issue resolution.
* Document health information system modifications.
* Develop health information system manuals.
* Develop health information system training materials.
* Keep abreast of new and emerging eHealth technologies.
* Participate in the evaluation, selection and application of new and emerging tools and techniques
* Analyze technology trends to determine impact to the achievement of health system goals.
* Perform assessments and provides recommendations based on health system relevance,
* appropriate timing and deployment.
* Work with eHealth Architecture team to recommend new technology direction or options to maintain competitive advantages.
* Evaluate and ensures the conceptual completeness of technical solutions
Education: MSc degree in Health Informatics, Information Systems or related fields
* Minimum 5 years of work experience in health data analysis, designing, testing and implementing eHealth systems and strategies, providing end-user training, understand software development processes, and user requirement
* Hands on experience in health information system design and strong analytical and problem solving skills
* Extensive knowledge of hardware platforms and enterprise software applications
* Technical experience with systems networking, databases, Web development, and user support.
* Good background in Database design
* Experience in agile software development methodology
* Background in different programming language
* Experience in the development and implementation of standards, procedures and guidelines to support operational processes
* Experience in working effectively in a diverse team of partners and stakeholders, and maintaining good working relationships
* Ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks, prepare and review operational reports or progress reports
* Excellent verbal and communication skills in both English and Amharic
How to Apply
* Qualified individuals interested in these positions can send their documents to the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org
* Applications should be sent via email with the subject line: ” System Analyst [Name of Applicant]”
* All application documents should be combined into one PDF file, the cover letter being the first page followed by the CV (resume) and other documents if any. Please provide us three names with their contact addresses as references. Send only one attachment with the file name format: “your_full_name_position.pdf”
N.B Applications not conforming to the above directions will NOT be considered. No phone calls please. Only short listed applicants will be contacted. All positions are for Ethiopian nationals.