Jsi/Ui-Fhs Jobs Vacancies 2018 for Regional Capacity Building Specialist – Jobs in Ethiopia
Jsi/Ui-Fhs Jobs Vacancy, Jsi/Ui-Fhs Recruitment, Jsi/Ui-Fhs Jobs Opportunities… Jobs details below…
Jsi/Ui-Fhs Jobs Vacancies 2018
JSI Research and Training Institute Inc. / Universal Immunization through Improving Family Health Services (UI-FHS) is designed and implemented in collaboration with the Ethiopian Federal Ministry of Health (FMOH). The goal of UI-FHS is to learn, document, and share evidence with the Ministry and other stakeholders about how universal immunization might be achieved through affordable and sustainable approaches to reach all women and children with potent lifesaving vaccines.
Under the general supervision of the Regional Immunization Advisor (RIA), the Regional Capacity Building Specialist has several main responsibilities including: the provision of technical support to all capacity building activities at the regional level, technical support to the Regional Health Bureaus (RHBs) with designing and implementing regional level and woreda level capacity building efforts including trainings, on-job training, peer learning, etc., support to the RHB with data monitoring and use, and support for regional level health system strengthening activities. This position will be instrumental in the planning, implementation, and evaluation of models that lead to sustainable, affordable and improved routine immunization coverage in the UI-FHS-supported regions of Afar, Benishangul-Gumuz, Gambella, and Somali.
The Regional Capacity Building specialist is also expected to actively participate in program activities for UI-FHS which include: capacity building workshops and additional activities, monitoring and evaluation activities, internal planning meetings, and technical support and supervision for woreda level capacity building activities.
Duty station: Based in UI-FHS project regional office or in RHB. It is anticipated that this position will spend up to 40% of time on travel. The position holder might be embedded in the RHB office.
The Primary role and responsibility of the Regional Capacity Building Specialist will be:
- Support UI-FHS efforts to build the managerial capacity in immunization of regional health bureau staff, provide ongoing capacity building focused on data analysis and use, designing or tailoring capacity building strategies, support efforts to integrate routine immunization processes with other health services, on-the job training activities, peer learning opportunities, and leading these activities as requested.
- Support the RHB is utilizing data for decision-making; through use of the RED Categorization tool, supportive supervision, mobile and outreach data, quarterly review meetings, DHIS2, data from vaccine logistics, etc.
- Participate in regular coordination and planning meetings at the regional level and with regional level partners, as required by RIA
- Identify lessons learned and proven approaches to be shared among regions, health authorities, health workers and partners and assist with the process of sharing these lessons and experiences in the respective spheres of influence.
- Support the design and roll-out of capacity building materials that are customized and appropriate for effective use in the DRS.
- Support the UI-FHS Immunization Specialist within that region with woreda level activities for capacity building (including but not limited to: trainings, integration, supportive supervision, mobile and outreach support, peer learning, etc.)
- Lead in all regional-related documentation efforts for the project, including coordinating the compilation of monthly/quarterly/annual reports under the guidance of the RIA and Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (ME&L) Advisor; this includes serving as the focal point for data quality, data entry, compiling, summarizing, analyzing various data bases, and submitting monthly project data, reports and other reports to Addis ME&L in a timely manner
- Collaborate with other partners working on capacity building, data use and other related activities at regional level including Data Use partnership project (DUP), HMIS and planning unit
- Supporting the RHB in monthly monitoring and tracking of human resource capacity for EPI and other related MCH service
- Other responsibilities as assigned and becomes necessary
Supervisor: Regional Immunization Advisor M&E ered be revised based on the need as the project implementation
Duty Station: One in each regional capital (Afar, Benishangul Gumuz, Gambella and Ethiopia Somali regions). Please mention the region that you are applying with application letter and on the subject of the application email.
Number of Positions: 4 (Four)
Note: The job description might be revised based on the need as the project implementation evolve
Qualification and Experience:
- Master of public health (MPH) or other equivalent qualifications is preferred with BSc in health related areas (public health, nursing, etc)
- Minimum of eight years working experience in public health, preferably on immunization. Candidates with experience in routine immunization, RHB capacity building and M&E are highly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to apply adult learning techniques to build the capacity of health personnel at multiple levels of the health system
- Understanding of government structures and ability to work within these structures
- Strong organizational, management and communication skills to influence partners and decision makers at the national, regional, zonal and woreda level
- Ability to accurately enter data into databases and other reporting formats
- Demonstrated ability to be a team player, to lead teams, and to organize multiple activities simultaneously
- Computer skills that include Microsoft Word, Excel and Power point,
- Ability to produce accurate data and reports
- Fluency in English. Speaking the local language is a plus
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 40% of the time
How to Apply
Interested applicants please submit your application and CV to email@example.com
Application Deadline: September 16, 2018