People In Need – PIN hereby invites applications from Ethiopia for recruitment to a Junior Logistic Officer (for Emergency Projects) Position at People In Need – PIN. The application will close on Oct 16, 2020.
Location: Robit – Sede Muja, Amhara
People In Need – PIN advertised posts are as follows:
The Junior Logistic Officer specific tasks are:
- At the direction of or in absence of Logistics Officer, prepare procurement/purchase requests, obtain necessary authorization, and receive cash/advance for the authorized procurement.
- Submit receipts and all relevant documentation to justify the spending.
- Ensure compliance with Ethiopian, donor’s and PIN requirements on procurement and supply management processes and documentation.
- Ensure delivered program and office supplies are in conformity to the quality and quantity of the purchase request as per PIN procurement policies & procedures manual.
- Support Logistics Officer in obtaining the office administration, conducting market search for local procurement, and procuring most appropriate goods/services given the cost and quality, with necessary authorization
- Store/Inventory Management
- Ensure items are stored in the storage rooms as per PIN warehouse policies & stock guideline.
- Ensure all proper inventory documentation is in place. Make sure the storage rooms are secure at all time.
- Issue supplies to appropriate staff when requested/authorized.
- Keep up-to-date records of stock transactions posted on a store rooms’ bin cards consistently.
- Undertake the periodic physical count of stock and fixed assets in storehouses, and ensuring materials and supplies are available when needed.
- Prepare store rooms inventory report monthly.
- Maintain and manage inventory lists
- Undertake the classification and coding of stock based on PIN coding system
- Handing over supplies and fixed assets to users
- Prepare waybill with necessary information for all items dispatched
- Shipping & Postage to deliver materials, supplies and document as required
- Keeping, updating and reporting the record for the movement of supplies.
- Ensure proper documentation for waybill, good receiving notes, equipment issuance from, delivery report, store release, and other movement of PIN stocks as per PIN protocols.
- Prepare office equipment inventory every month.
- Monitor and verify the healing center maintenance requirement, office generator/spar part requirement/copying machine /office equipment maintenance requirement.
- Maintain office premises and equipment in good order, and provide repair and maintenance as needed.
- Supervise the work of service providers so as to ensure quality of work.
- Coordinate with suppliers to ensure there is adequate and continuous supply of water, electricity, internet, etc. at assigned office.
- Printing/ Copying tasks using the office machine and serve as focal person to serve for when copying and /printing is outsourced.
- Conduct daily check in with the security guard supervisor for sharing any challenge faced while monitoring the compound and any complain made on them.
- Perform other duties assigned by the Logistics Officer.
- Minimum Bachelor Degree in management, Economics, Accounting, Logistics and supply chain management, business management and other related fields of studies
- Minimum 1 year experience
- NGO experience is advantageous
- Good communication and capacity to work in teams and under stress
- Good command of MS Package (Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook)
- Knowledge of spoken & written Amharic, English and spoken local language Oromifa and Gedeofa is advantageous
How to Apply
Interested applicants for the position should fill the application form and send CV and the necessary documents until October 16, 2020 via following the link: Application Form-Junior Logistic Officer
Should any information needed please contact using: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: PIN does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, training or any other fees).
People in Need staff are expected to perform job duties and responsibilities in accordance with People in Need Code of conduct and key policies available at: www.peopleinneed.cz/policies
Women and internal Applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.