Pathfinder International Ethiopia hereby invites applications from Ethiopia for a Vacancy as a Kebele Supervisor, Act With Her Project at Pathfinder International Ethiopia. The application will close on 5 October 2020.
Location: Lay Gayint
Pathfinder International Ethiopia advertised posts are as follows:
Duties and responsibilities
- Lead the implementation of project activities in the assigned Kebeles.
- Co-lead with the Woreda Supervisor and Zonal Coordinator the successful recruitment and selection of project participants (adolescent girls and boys) and group mentors.
- Provide technical and managerial support to group mentors as they conduct sessions with adolescents.
- Periodically provide supportive supervision to group mentors, observing them as they conduct a session and providing constructive guidance for improvement.
- Consult with community leaders and influencers, parents and teachers, and other community members to enlist their support and engagement for the project.
- Ensure that mentors convene scheduled sessions with adolescents.
- Collaboratively monitor and manage the continued participation of mentors and adolescents in group sessions. Take steps as appropriate to prevent or address any fall off of attendance in the sessions.
- Conduct quarterly review meetings with mentors.
- Liaise closely with health extension workers, Kebele administrators, school administrators and teachers and parents on the ongoing implementation of project activities.
- Periodically conduct capacity-building activities with mentors and other project stakeholders.
- Work with the Woreda Coordinator to produce monthly and quarterly reports for the Zonal Coordinator.
- Strengthen project network and partnerships in the assigned Kebeles and attend relevant government and partner’s meetings to further develop collaboration.
- Travel to locations in the Kebele for group sessions and meetings.
- Support the documentation of project activities, including group sessions, supportive supervision sessions and review meetings. Assist with project data collection where needed.
- Undertakes other tasks assigned by his /her supervisor
- Bachelor’s Degree/Diploma in health and social sciences related fields.
- Must have a minimum of two years of experience in reproductive health and Gender-related activities.
- Experience in practical fieldwork in collaboration with existing government departments of Health, Women’s and Children affairs.
- Must have strong facilitation skills for community-based gender-related programming and catalyzing different stakeholders for adolescent girls’ issues.
- Must have strong writing and communication skills both in Amharic and English.
- Skills and experience in computer applications and utilization is mandatory.
- Must be able to work with minimum supervision and have strong interpersonal skills and skills to promote teamwork.
- Must demonstrate strong interest and commitment to adolescent girl issues, gender equity actions, and abandonment of harmful traditional practices that affect the health and well-being of women and girls.
- Must have demonstrable personal integrity and honesty and must have strong people skills.
- Must live in the wereda and be willing to travel frequently to target kebeles in the woreda.
- Applicants should be residents of the woreda they are applying for.
How to Apply
Pathfinder International invites eligible candidates to submit their applications to Lay Gayint Woreda Health Office or via Ethiopiahr@pathfinder.org on or before October 5, 2020.
Please send only Cover Letter and CV with 3 professional references including their telephone number & email address. No additional document is required.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Pathfinder is an equal opportunity employer and only shortlisted applicants will be considered.