Lutheran World Federation, Department for World Service Jobs Vacancies 2018 for Finance Officer
Lutheran World Federation, Department for World Service Jobs Vacancy, Lutheran World Federation, Department for World Service Recruitment, Lutheran World Federation, Department for World Service Jobs Opportunities… Jobs details below…
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for the Lutheran World Federation, Department for World Service Jobs Vacancies 2018. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Lutheran World Federation, Department for World Service Jobs Vacancies 2018
The Lutheran World Federation Word Service Ethiopia (LWF/WS Ethiopia) is a registered foreign charity which has been operating in Ethiopia since 1973 implementing various development and humanitarian projects in different parts of Ethiopia. LWF is currently looking for professionals with following post fulfilling the following criteria.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Continually be aware of the internal controls, accounting and reporting systems in relation the duties and responsibilities and draw the attention of the finance manager to any perceived shortcomings and recommend changes.
Payments/Banks/Petty Cash/HQ Transactions /Journals
- Prepare all journal vouchers in relation adjustments, corrections, Current accounts transactions and allocation of head office costs for approval by the finance manager
- Review to ensure the accuracy of the head office cash books including bank reconciliation and cash sheets.
- Monitor the effects of exchange rate movements on income and expenditure
- Review cash requests from field offices to ensure they relate to existing budgets and work plans.
- Participate in the preparation of project documents, budgets and quarterly monitoring reports and reports to donors.
- In conjunction with the Finance Manager review all budgets to ensure their accuracy and appropriateness with particular attention to the recovery of head office costs
- Prepare the required schedules from submitted timesheets to enable the journal voucher for the for core cost allocations to be made to the various projects.
- Process all monthly financial data in a timely and accurate manner to enable financial report preparation to meet LWF internal and donors’ deadlines..
- Prepare draft financial reports to LWF Headquarters and donors before their deadlines for review by the finance manager.
- Check and reconcile receivables and payables on a monthly basis. Undertake the necessary follow up to ensure that these are settled in a timely manner.
- Monitor monthly project financial statements and alert the finance manager of significant variances.
- Partake in the monthly review of financial reports where items of importance and relevance will be shared by the Finance Manager.
Compliance with Regulations
- Become conversant and ensure compliance with LWF regulations – Procurement Policies, Finance Manual, SAGE 300 ERP Manual and staff rules in so far as they relates to the duties of the position.
- Become conversant and ensure compliance with grant management and compliance with government regulations and directives
- Carry out a monthly review of staff advances and provide to the Finance Manager a report of the outstanding balances and action to be taken, if any, to for all outstanding balances.
- Carry out actions required arising from the review in 6.1
Archives and Maintenance of Registers
- Ensure that hard and electronic storage of all financial information is carried out in a systematic manner as set out in the LWF finance manual.
- Ensure all the necessary information is available before the commencement of the annual yearly audit.
- Provide assistance to the auditors during the completion of the external audit.
- Perform any other duty as may be assigned by the Finance Manager.
Job Grade: 13
Accountable to: Finance Manager
Employment Term: One year with possibility of extension
- Masters or Bachelor Degree in Finance or Accounting with minimum of related experience of 5 years for Masters and 7 years for Bachelor out of which 2 years as a Finance Officer or Senior Accountant or other relevant position
Key skills/characteristics required:
- Ability and experience in fund raising and communication with back donors;
- Good personnel management skills, with the ability to demonstrate skills in leading a multi-disciplinary team;
- Ability to present information and concepts clearly, both verbally and on paper;
- Good written and spoken English,
- Computer Excellency – proficiency with MS Word, Excel, and accounting packages such as SAGE 300 ERP;
- Ability to lead and work as a member of a team with mutual respect and understanding;
- Ability to perform under pressure and creative in solving problems;
- Ability of planning for better future and crisis management.
How to Apply
Please send your CV, application letter and copies of credentials to the following address: Human Resource and Administration Unit, Lutheran World Federation, P. O. Box 40132, Addis Ababa or email through [email protected] Please include 3 references from current and former employers.
LWF Ethiopia is an equal opportunity employer. LWF Ethiopia considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to sex, color, religion, ethnicity, age, marital status or disability.
Only short listed applicants will be contacted.
Female applicants are encouraged to apply
Closing date for application is 21 August 2018