GOAL Ethiopia hereby invites applications from Ethiopia for recruitment to a MEAL Manager at GOAL Ethiopia. The application will close on Oct 5, 2022.
Location: Addis Ababa
GOAL Ethiopia advertised posts are as follows:
Planning and MEAL Quality
§ Lead on the development and oversee the rollout of an organizational MEAL system- MIS for emergency and development programme ensuring accountability to donors and beneficiaries
§ Promote all aspects of MEAL to support the creation of an organizational culture which prioritizes quality programming
§ Build strong relationships with colleagues and provide support as required to ensure MEAL system is understood and supported at Head office and field office level
§ Work closely with the programme teams to ensure that MEAL becomes an integral element of project implementation leading to enhanced quality, accountability
§ Provide technical assistance at head office and project offices to maintain the quality of project and programme planning.
§ Provide technical assistance in areas of project identification, preparation, appraisal, monitoring and evaluation.
§ Consolidate and document programme, project and work plans.
§ Develop effective planning system and guideline mechanism for country and project offices
§ Lead the development annual country plan of GOAL Ethiopia
§ In collaboration with other programme staff, formulate phase-in and phase-out strategies and guiding procedures for GOAL Ethiopia
Monitoring and evaluation
§ Coordinate the development of GOAL Ethiopia Monitoring and Evaluation strategy, toolkit, and guidebook.
§ In collaboration with respective coordinators, formulate monitoring and evaluation plan of programmes and field offices
§ Assist partner organizations in formulating monitoring and evaluation plan
§ In collaboration with immediate supervisor, Programme coordinators/Advisors and other relevant staff, formulate and update formats for reporting purposes. Provide technical assistance in the preparation of quarterly, half year and annual reports both at country office, project offices and partners
§ Provide technical assistance to project offices and partners monitoring and evaluation planning and activities
§ In coordination with respective technical persons, identify and document cases (success and failure stories) for learning, scale-up and proposal development
§ Assist and oversee establishment and strengthening of sector-based database and functioning at country and project offices and sharing
§ Coordinate the process of all (internal and external) field surveys, mid-term and terminal evaluation at project offices. It also includes providing required technical assistance in undertaking operational research at project office and in partner organizations
§ Facilitate bi-annual organizational review and reflection process in addition to supporting technical assistance to project offices in conducting regular review and reflection process
§ Assist programme coordinators in planning, monitoring and evaluation plan and exercise
- Responsible to ensure that the organization delivers on all internal M&E requirements in emergency and development programmes in a timely manner and with high quality information, including reporting on GOAL global indicators and monthly/quarterly reports, total direct and indirect reach data.
- Identifies and introduces new elements (systems, tools, processes) required under the MEAL system and project manages development by MEAL team members
- Receive regular field monitoring and accountability reports, analyze and circulate to the country office teams, ensuring that action plans are included and followed up and that SMT reviews reports regularly
External Reporting and Representation
- Ensures external accountability to donors through the implementation of timely and quality MEAL activities leading to timely and accurate reporting
- Ensure that high quality analysis reports to illustrate GE’s impact and assessment findings are produced, including evidence of good practice and replicable programme, and that they are communicated at appropriate events.
- Ensure that GOAL Ethiopia is represented at relevant inter-NGO and government level meetings at the field level (related to MEAL) to enhance inter-agencies best practices sharing and learning
Do you want to join an exciting organization that brings high level impact to the community and add value to your professional advancement? Then join us if you have:
• MA/MSc in Monitoring and Evaluation or related field
• Ten years professional MEAL experience
• Five years’ experience in managing a MEAL team and budget management
• Evidence of experience in both quantitative and qualitative data collection methodologies
• Data privacy experience
• Evidence of experience in data collection and analysis packages
• Good communication skills and written and oral proficiency in English
Desirable qualities, skills and competences:
§ Advanced degree in Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning or related field
§ Food & nutrition security and health data collection, analysis and management experience
§ Experience in adaptive management, result chains and measurement of systems programming
§ Experienced in training / mentoring
This description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties and responsibilities associated with the position.
REMUNERATION and BENEFITS:
- GOAL will pay a competitive basic salary based on the salary grading with addition benefits.
- A chance to develop tangible experience.
- Being part of a team who continue to make a real difference to the lives of the most vulnerable people.
GOAL’s recruitment procedure is fair and transparent which is also in line with the organization’s commitment to its integrity, honesty and culture. GOAL is committed to ensure that, its performance complies with the terms and conditions of relevant agreements, applicable laws & regulations. Hence, pre-employment background checks will be conducted, and employees are required to read, understand, sign and implement different polices including safe guarding and child protection policy, Protection from Sexual Exploitation and abuse policy, sexual harassment policy, code of conducts and any other policy, rules and regulation of the organization.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants need to submit ONLY once their non – returnable application with CV for one vacancy. The vacancy reference number along with the Title & Duty station need to be written in the application letter and/or subject of the email. Applicants can apply using the following option.
- Applicants can directly apply online [email protected]
GOAL strongly encourages female candidates to apply!
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview and exam.
Shortlisted candidates will need to submit other supporting documents upon request at later stage.
GOAL is not able to contribute towards any costs incurred by candidates during the recruitment process