Medecins Sans Frontieres Spain Jobs Vacancies 2018 for Construction Supervisor
Medecins Sans Frontieres Spain Jobs Vacancy, Medecins Sans Frontieres Spain Recruitment, Medecins Sans Frontieres Spain Jobs Opportunities… Jobs details below…
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for the Medecins Sans Frontieres Spain Jobs Vacancies 2018. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Medecins Sans Frontieres Spain Jobs Vacancies 2018
Supervising and monitoring the implementation of the daily building and rehabilitation activities in Dolo Ado project, according to MSF standards, protocols and procedures in order to ensure the efficient running of the project
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
• Supervising and monitoring on a day-to-day basis the implementation of the building and rehabilitation activities in the project ensuring compliance of MSF standards, protocols and procedures. This includes the following tasks:
• Analyzing, according to customer requirements and MSF programs, the needs for construction/rehabilitation works and reporting to the line manager accordingly, in order to provide the necessary information to find an appropriate and efficient solution, including planning of (financial, technical, material and human) resources that meet the mission needs
• Supervising and following up through regular visits the work of construction and/or rehabilitation in progress, in order to ensure deadlines, budget and technical specifications and to early detect potential deviations
• Negotiating agreements and permissions for construction/ rehabilitation projects, establishing regular contacts with local authorities, in order to ensure all required documentation is filled upon and to avoid delays
• Organizing and supervising call for tenders (architect office, company tendering) activities in order to ensure the best technical and financial conditions
• Planning and supervising the HR processes (recruitment, training, performance evaluation and internal, external communication) of the drivers and mechanics in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required for the activity
• Supervising and leading the logistic team under his/her responsibility including the definition of each person’s tasks (daily supervision and checking the quality of their work); drawing up working schedule; organising and leading team meetings
• Providing monthly activity reports and implementing reporting practices and protocols in order to ensure that all vehicle documentation is in order and inspection reports are filled in by the drivers
• Performing delegated tasks according to his her speciality and as specified in his/her job description
MSF SECTION/CONTEXT SPECIFIC ACCOUNTABILITIES
Monitor, execute and supervise construction in the camps and base:
Construction of Sanitation facilities for the projects and other construction tasks:
• Implement and supervise the construction according to the Master Plan.
o Ensure functional wash facilities and showers according to MSF standards
o Ensure functional toilets according to MSF standards
o Ensure all constructions temporary or permanent according to MSF standards
• Ensure planning of the works according to the timeframe set
• Ensure adherence to the budget plan and request prior approval for any expenses related to the works.
• Follow-up and supervise the progress and quality of the works, by close supervision.
• Report any anomalies, delays or problems to the line manager and account to him on the progress of the works.
• In the event of faults, diagnose the problem and propose possible solutions to the line manager.
• Ensure fair and balanced planning of the workforce needed to complete the works, in accordance with Labour Legislation and in consideration of the daily labour recruitment policy
• Ensure that there are adequate stocks of materials. In order to prevent delays place orders in good time.
• Ensure effective management, protection, care of work tools (including site installations under the employee’s supervision), and keep the work area tidy.
• Ensure safety procedures are in place and respected in the construction area.
• Immediately inform the line manager of any problems that arise in the course of the work, particularly with regard to damage, loss, theft, …
• Assist logistics department for any relative work needed.
Coordinate and lead the logistics team under his/her responsibility, (daily workers or fixed employees):
• Defining each person’s tasks, supervising them on a daily basis and checking the quality of their work (punctuality, rigour, quality, etc.).
• Evaluations of employees
• Drawing up working schedules for logistics teams for each department or facility.
• Organising and leading meetings of the team under his supervision.
Essential, secondary education; desirable Engineering or construction diploma/education
Essential 2 years of previous experience in similar jobs
Essential, local language commandment; desirable, mission working language
• Results and Quality Orientation
• Teamwork and Cooperation
• Behavioural Flexibility
• Commitment to MSF Participles
• Stress Management
How to Apply
All applicants should send a CV, cover letter, educational records, work certificates and copy of id. Card either by email to MSFE-Addis-DEV@barcelona.msf.org (please indicate ¨On the subject box: the vacancy title, ¨your name¨ and ¨specific location that you are applying for¨ or ON THE SUBJECT LINE OF YOUR COVER LETTER) OR give in person to MSF Spain Addis Ababa,Hawassa, Dolo Ado, Jigjiga and Gambela project Offices.
PLEASE PROVIDE A SUMMARY TABLE OF YOUR WORK EXPERIENCES ( e.g. 10 months as…in…. , 3 years in … as…) , Those applicants that do not comply with these instructions will not be considered.
Posting date: August 20, 2018
Closing date: August 25, 2018
We strongly encourage qualified women to apply.Please note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
MSF is a civil society initiative that brings together individuals committed to the assistance of other human beings in crisis. As such MSF is by choice an association.
Each individual working with MSF does it out of conviction and is ready to uphold the values and principles of MSF