Medecins Sans Frontieres Spain Jobs Vacancy 2018 for Referal Nurse – Jobs in Ethiopia
አዳዲስ ስራዎች በኢትዮጵያ ውስጥ, Medecins Sans Frontieres Spain Jobs Vacancy, Medecins Sans Frontieres Spain Recruitment, Medecins Sans Frontieres Spain Jobs Opportunities… Jobs details below…
ተፈላጊው አመልካች (ዎች) ይህንን እድል ለማጣራት በዚህ ገጽ ላይ ያሉትን ዝርዝሮች እና ሂደቶች ለመከተል.
Medecins Sans Frontieres Spain Vacancies 2018
• Knowing, promoting, implementing and following up the universal hygiene standards/ precautions, bio-hazard prevention and infection control, security rules and other protocols and procedures in the medical premises and ensuring high standards of hygiene of his/her working environment. Respecting medical secrets and confidentiality all times.
• Organizing and carrying out care and treatments according to medical prescriptions, and assisting during consultations, daily rounds and other medical procedures. Participating in health education of the patient (and family) when necessary.
• Identifying Sexually Gender Based Violence victims and referring them to the medical team so they can receive the necessary treatment. Knowing and is aware of the importance and appropriate use of the Post Exposure Prophylaxis (PEP) Kit
• Ensuring patients are properly received and installed and that those with lack of autonomy are assisted, especially regarding their feeding, personal hygiene, movements and comfort. For ER and OPD nurse, ensuring triage of patients in waiting areas, wards or during emergencies, detecting the priority acute/emergency cases, carrying out first aid care and referring them to the doctor when necessary
• Sending material to be sterilized and recuperates it from sterilization
• Carrying out admission, surveillance and follow-up of patients (i.e. assessment of the evolution of their state of health and the identification of any emergency situation or deterioration
• Carrying and supervising administrative procedures and documents (fill in patient’s files, forms, consumptions, statistics, registers, health files, etc.), ensuring an appropriate written/oral handover, and reporting any problematic situations and cases that may arise. Participating in data collection and keeping doctors/supervisors informed.
• Participating in the department-related pharmacy and medical equipment control and maintenance (quality and its functioning, storage conditions, follow-up of expired drugs inventories, stock takes of medicines and material at every team changeover ensuring no material is taken out of nursing area/wards without prior authorisation, etc.)
Supervising and training nurse-aids, nutritional assistants, cleaners and other related staff under his/her supervision, ensuring teamwork and adherence to all appropriate protocols and procedures.MSF Section/Context Specific Accountabilities
· To arrange the admission and follow-up of patients referred from MSFE in designated Hospital and other referral sites as required.
· To orientate the patients and caretakers to the hospital, the procedures, diagnostic tests and treatment plan.
· To visit the patients regularly to ensure that diagnostic tests are perform, treatments purchased and problems communicated to the medical team leader linked with the case in the project that referred the patient.
· To follow evolution of the patient’s case in the hospital.
· To provide the PMR weekly summary of patient related to admission, discharge care and follow-up.
· To keep records of referred patients data with diagnosis and treatment outcome
· To ensure that patient / caretaker per diems is paid giving formal feedback on a weekly basis on who has been paid and for how many days.
· To ensure that hotel booking has made for patients as required.
· To ensure that bill of patient care has passed to administration monthly, keeping confidential any medical data.
· To follow-up patient complaints with the medical coordinators
· To discuss with patients about any transfers to other identified referral hospitals and inform them of any changes to per diem, or accommodation system so that they are aware before they arrive at the hospital of any changes
· Write a monthly report and send it to the Medical coordinators about the activities of the month, along with the status of pending issues of patients and costs per discharged patients in the period.
· Liaise with projects regarding the transport of patients back to projects after discharge.
· To facilitate the implementation of the national staff health policy.
· To check the medical / first aid boxes each month and order replacement items from Addis medical pharmacy.
· To assist in evaluations of health structures as required.
· To facilitate treatment for staff referred from projects
Contact with the authorities:
· To assist with the preparation of the medical orders that has processed through the RHB (e.g. vaccines, TB medications, delivery kits etc.).
· To assist the medical teams with contacting various NGOs or other authorities as and when needed.
· To support the emergency team in doing assessment and intervention upon request
· To support the emergency team on preparation and deployment of HR, medical equipment’s and supplies
· To update the medical department on weekly basis on number of cases and expenses
· To provide monthly report on total number of patients, expenses with their outcome
To report to medical department on all activities aforementioned
Education: Essential recognized nurse degree/diploma
Desirable Bachelor in Science of Nursing
Experience: Desirable 2 years of previous experience and previous experience in other NGO’s.
Demonstrable experience in supervising and training others in a team setting.
Languages: Local language essential. Mission language desirable.
• Results and Quality Orientation L1
• Teamwork and Cooperation L1
• Behavioural Flexibility L1
• Commitment to MSF Principles L1
Stress Management L2
How to Apply
All applicants should send a CV, cover letter, educational records, work certificates and copy of id. Card either by email to [email protected] (please indicate ¨On the subject box: the vacancy title, ¨your name¨ and ¨specific location that you are applying for¨ or ON THE SUBJECT LINE OF YOUR COVER LETTER) OR give in person to MSF Spain Addis Ababa and project Offices.
PLEASE PROVIDE A SUMMARY TABLE OF YOUR WORK EXPERIENCES ( e.g. 10 months as…in…. , 3 years in … as…) , Those applicants that do not comply with these instructions will not be considered.
Posting date: October 04, 2018
Closing date: October 11, 2018
We strongly encourage qualified women to apply.
Please note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted
MSF is a civil society initiative that brings together individuals committed to the assistance of other human beings in crisis. As such MSF is by choice an association.
Each individual working with MSF does it out of conviction and is ready to uphold the values and principles of MSF