Medicins Sans Frontiers – Holland Jobs Vacancy 2018 for Clinical Officer
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Applicants for the Medicins Sans Frontiers – Holland Jobs Vacancy 2018. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Medicins Sans Frontiers – Holland Jobs Vacancy 2018
Organizing and ensuring medical consultations to the target population providing treatment to patients within the scope of his/her medical competencies and referring them when appropriate, according to MSF protocols, procedures and the universal hygiene standards in order to guarantee quality and efficiency of the service provided
• Ensuring the implementation and standardization of MSF clinical policies, tools, and hygiene protocols in order to minimize clinical risks and to guarantee the quality of patient care management. Promoting and maintaining confidentiality regarding all patient cases and records
• Implementing diagnosis, prescription and prevention procedures that fall under the scope of his/her competencies applying medical knowledge, asking appropriate questions to patients and following protocols in force as well as using laboratory services when necessary, in order to ensure a correct implementation of the medical treatments and to refer patients when appropriate.
• Participating in the planning and supervision, in close coordination with other supervisors, the HR processes (sizing, staff shifts, recruitment, training, evaluation, development and communication) of the team in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required, improve people triage capabilities, their motivation and commitment and their active participation in teaching the targeted population on therapeutic and preventive protocols.
• In cases of emergency, carrying out first aid care and treatment according to protocols in order to reduce mortality rates
• Recording in the individual patient’s card and registration books, all performed medical activities (drugs prescribed, lab results, vaccination status, epidemiological activity, doses, etc.) keeping data traceability in order to ensure patients treatment continuity.
• Participating in data collection and reporting when required
• Knowing and implementing Patient Therapeutic Education (PTE), i.e. keeping contact with all patients, providing them information regarding their health state and responding to their questions.
Knowing and promoting the proper application of Post Exposure Prophylaxis (PEP) Kit and Sexually Gender Based Violence (SGBV) protocol
MSF Section/Context Specific Accountabilities
MSF project in Abdurafi concentrates its activities on treatment for snakebite patients and uncomplicated and complicated cases of Kala Azar (+HIV/TB) through free diagnosis, treatment/stabilisation or transfer to Gondar and other IPD related emergency conditions. In addition MSF conducts clinical research with the intention to improve the treatment of snake bites and treatment of Kala Azar. With an office in Bahir Dar, MSF has a health surveillance capacity of emergency and outbreaks, advocating for appeals to promote appropriate response in Amhara region.
– Medical Coverage 100%
– Hardship allowance 4,861
– Relocated status: ETB 4000 (on instalment )
|Education||Essential health/clinical officer diploma or related field .Valid practicing License is essential|
|Experience||Desirable previous clinical supervision experience of at least one year, For OCA: Essential, 2 years of relevant working experience|
|Languages||Essential local language. Mission working local language knowledge would be an asset|
|Knowledge||Desirable computer literacy|
|Competences||Results and Quality Orientation L2|
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit their non-returnable CV and application including photocopies of all supporting documents to the address given below: HR & Administration Department, MSF Holland P.O. Box 34357 Addis Ababa Ethiopia or deliver at MSF Holland office, Addis Ababa Yaka sub city, woreda 7, Kebele 11/12, House no.605 (in front of Levi Building )or apply through [email protected] MSF-Holland Office in, Abdurafi Gonder-L-shope Hotel MSF-Hollande- Bahir Dar Office-Dib Anbesa Hotal Please Note that we only contact short-listed candidates.