International Organization for Migration – IOM hereby invites applications from Ethiopia for recruitment to a National Program Officer – Migration Assistance & Protection Referral Mechanisms Position at International Organization for Migration – IOM. The application will close on Oct 23, 2022.
Location: Addis Ababa
International Organization for Migration – IOM advertised posts are as follows:
SPECIAL VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
Open to Internal & External Candidates
|Position Title||National Program Officer – Migration Assistance & Protection Referral Mechanisms|
|Duty Station||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Classification||National Officer, NOA|
|Type of Appointment||SVN, Six months with possibility of extension|
|Estimated Start Date||As soon as possible|
|Posting Period||08.10.2022 – 22.10.2022|
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal & External candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy.
Under the overall supervision of the Migration Management Programme Coordinator (MMPC), direct supervision of the MMU Protection Officer and working in close coordination with the National Capacity Building Officer, the incumbent shall be responsible for assisting with the development, implementation, monitoring and effective coordination of advocacy and policy related initiatives in Ethiopia. In particular, he/she will:
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
1. Act as the MMU focal point for IOM Ethiopia technical, coordination and logistical support towards the development of National Referral Mechanism (NRM) for migrants and other vulnerable populations.
2. Collaborate with relevant GoE and non-governmental key stakeholders to develop SOPs, MOUs, and relevant documents for implementation of the NRM at Federal and Regional levels.
3. Organize dialogue and consultation processes to establish referral relationships among service providers in Ethiopia’s migration hotspots.
4. Collaborate with the capacity building and migrant protection teams to enhance the capacity of frontline service providers and first respondents (police, immigration etc.) at all stages of the referral process.
5. Support the GoE National, Regional and local anti-TiP & SoM Council, Taskforces and coordination offices to ensure effective implementation of Plans of Action and minimum standards of support/care for migrants in need of direct assistance and protection services.
6. Collaboration with MMU migrant protection and return and reintegration teams to establish and operationalize referral relationships IOM Migration Response Centres (MRCs) and Transit Centre to ensure continuum of support for stranded migrants, Unaccompanied and Separated Migrant Children, returnees, refugees and other vulnerable people on the move.
7. Compile quarterly/annual donor reports and keep track of best practices and lessons learned.
8. Support liaison activities with governmental and non-governmental offices, regional authorities and other stakeholders as appropriate, aimed at promoting IOM’s projects and initiatives.
9. Undertake duty trips as necessary to facilitate project implementation.
10. Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
· University degree in sociology, political science, development studies or related Social Science fields of study.
· Minimum of six years of professional experience for Master’s Degree holders or Eight years for Bachelor Degree holders, in migration management (counter-trafficking and smuggling, direct assistance or policy development related to vulnerable populations), community development, empowerment of vulnerable populations with government or non-governmental or international organization.
· Demonstrated experience in capacity building aimed at improving living conditions at the grassroots.
- Proven experience in working and negotiating with the Government.
- Proven experience in establishing and or operationalizing coordination mechanisms with governmental and non-governmental actors service providers.
· Working knowledge of adult education methodologies.
- Proven experience in working in providing direct assistance to vulnerable groups.
- Experience working on complex multi-stakeholder projects.
- Prior experience with the UN or within international organizations are an asset.
- Experience managing complex multi-stakeholder projects is highly desired.
- Prior experience with the UN or within international organizations is an asset.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following technical and behavioural competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Managerial Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
- Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential.
- Empowering others & building trust: creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
- Strategic thinking and vision: works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application/ motivation letter enclosed with only detail CV written in English via our e-mail address [email protected], by 23 October 2022 at the latest, referring the position title and Vacancy number in the subject line of your email; no photocopies of educational/training certificates is required at this stage; applicant who doesn`t follow the required application procedure will automatically be disqualified from the competition.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We strongly encourage qualified women to apply!