Nuru International Jobs Vacancies 2018 for M & E Field Officer – Jobs in Ethiopia
Nuru International Jobs Vacancy, Nuru International Recruitment, Nuru International Jobs Opportunities… Jobs details below…
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for the Nuru International Jobs Vacancies 2018. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Nuru International Jobs Vacancies 2018
Nuru International Ethiopia is a US-based international NGO working to end extreme poverty in remote rural communities in Ethiopia. Nuru is currently implementing integrated development project in GamoGofa Zone, SNNPR. Areas of intervention include Agriculture, Rural Livelihoods Diversification, Healthcare and Education. All four thematic areas work through local Grain Marketing Cooperatives. Currently, Nuru Ethiopia employs approximately 105+ staff at its headquarters in Arba Minch, and project offices in Boreda, Kucha and Zala Woredas.
For more information on our intervention programs and impact you can check our website on: http://www.nuruinternational.org/what-we-do/ethiopia.
Nuru Ethiopia is currently looking for qualified and energetic candidates for its Monitoring and Evaluation Team.
The M & E Field Officer is responsible for entering, quality checking, and maintaining project/program monitoring data/databases using MS Excel. He/she is also expected to produce and communicate quality reports timely so as to support and promote data-driven decision making across impact programs. The M & E Field Officer must, therefore, have excellent knowledge, skill and proven experience of working in Microsoft Excel. He/she must be comfortable to work on multiple large databases simultaneously.
Though he/she will be a member of the Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) team, he/she should be able to work and ensure collaboration and cooperation with all Impact Program Managers, Field Officers, CDEFs and PCMs. Moreover, the M & E Field Officer is expected to carry out regular supportive supervisions as well as data quality assurance field visits. He/she promotes Nuru’s organizational values and philosophies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Data Entry, Quality Assurance and Management:
- Carry out monitoring data entry daily on multiple databases (Coop, Agriculture, FI/LD, HC, and EDU)
- Conduct appropriate data quality checks regularly and make necessary corrections (data cleaning) timely
- Provide feedback to impact programs’ and Nuru cooperatives’ staff on data quality issues and source documents
- Manage multiple and large databases effectively
- Timely communicate to concerned program manager and direct supervisor when source documents are delayed from cooperatives or other impact programs
- Uploaded updated databases to GDrive regularly and share them to concerned staff only
- Ensure databases are well protected and secured from alteration
- Ensure there is always back up copy of latest version of databases
- Propose innovative ideas to improve existing systems and procedures
- Prepare and communicate quarterly reports to all concerned following existing reporting process map
- Fully understand NI/donor requirements for quarterly reports and ensure that these requirements are met
- Prepare and communicate other monitoring reports as deemed necessary
Coordination, Collaboration and Support:
- Provide orientation and support to Cooperatives as well as Nuru field staff on recording, documentation, quality assurance etc
- Prepare and communicate convenient schedules for receiving source documents from impact programs
- Create a collaborative spirit and work closely with CFOs to ensure cooperatives FI/LD source documents reach M&E timely
- Ensure that FI/LD source documents are received from and returned to cooperatives against signatures
- Coordinate with M&E FOs to acquire additional support(when needed) to get cooperatives FI/LD source documents to M&E
Support M&E Field Activities:
- Take part in selection and training of temporary enumerators and pacers
- Carry out field supervisions during evaluation surveys
- Assist in FGDs
- Support field monitoring activities
- Supervise pacers
- Facilitate field level payments
A Member of Nuru Ethiopia’s M&E Team;
- Understand the overall goal of M&E team, its activities and how her/his role contributes to the overall goal
- Understand the existing M&E system and her/his place in the system
- Foster spirit of coordination and collaboration with team members
- Support other departmental activities when assigned by supervisor
Place of work: Zefine Town, Boreda Woreda, or Galma Town, Zala Woreda, Gamo
Gofa Zone, SNNPRS.
Job starting time: Immediately
Reports to: M&E Program Manager
Terms and conditions: The appointment will be for short-term fixed employment based on
annual contract extensions depending on performance
- BA/ BSc degree in Statistics, Information Technology (IT), Management Information Systems (MIS), Computer Science, or other directly related field from a recognized university
- At least 2 years of experience in data entry, management, basic analysis and reporting
- Excellent MS Excel skills are key requirement.
- Good understanding of databases and analytical skills.
- Able to work on large (& multiple) excel databases effectively
- Fast learner and able to work independently
- Fluency in Amharic and English required.
- Effective communications skill
- Ability and interest to work in office or field setting
Desired skills and attributes:
- Basic understanding of community development/project management and M&E
- Ability to work under pressure
- Team player (work collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals)
- Knowledge of Nuru’s operational area and local language (Gamogna or Wolaytigna, or Gofigna) is advantageous
- Self-motivated, honest, humble and highly responsible
- Motorcycle driving license is a plus.
How to Apply
Interested applicants who meet the MINIMUM requirements are invited to send either soft or hard copies of the following documents:
A detailed CV (not more than 3 pages) with a cover letter (not more than 1 page)
All supporting documents (work experience, academic and other relevant documents)
Email Address: email@example.com OR firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state “application for M & E Field Officer “on the subject line of your email; or you may mail to Nuru International Ethiopia, P.O. Box 2093, Arba Minch, Ethiopia or submit at our head office based in Arbaminch, Gamo Gofa Zone, SNNPRS or at Boreda Field Office or at Kucha Field Office or at Zala Field Office.
Nuru Ethiopia is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability with respect to policies and visions. FEMALE APPLICANTS ARE HIGHLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted by telephone after the deadline of this announcement.
All travel costs will be covered by the applicant if invited for written exam or interview.
Applicants who fail to follow the steps listed above will not be considered.