Nuru International Jobs Vacancies 2018 – Impact Program Director
Nuru International Jobs Vacancy, Nuru International Recruitment, Nuru International Jobs Opportunities… Jobs details below…
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for the Nuru International Jobs Vacancies 2018. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Nuru International Jobs Vacancies 2018
Nuru International Ethiopia is a US-based international NGO working to end extreme poverty in remote rural communities in Ethiopia. Nuru is currently implementing integrated development project in Gamo Gofa Zone, SNNPR. Our areas of intervention include Rural Livelihoods, Cooperatives, Health Care, and Education. Currently, Nuru Ethiopia employs approximately 100+staff at its headquarters in Arba Minch and project offices in Boreda, Kucha and Zala Woredas
For more information on our intervention programs and impact you can check our website on: http://www.nuruinternational.org/what-we-do/ethiopia.
The Impact Program Director (IPD) will be in charge of leading, planning, supervising and coordinating Nuru’s rural livelihoods, cooperatives, healthcare, and education programs. The IPD provides leadership for more than 80 program employees through 4 direct reports. The IPD will provide leadership, build an effective team, provide technical advice to her/his team, and advise the Country Director. The position will also participate in developing strategy, creating systems, and improving program management standards with the ultimate aim of increasing efficiency and achieving Nuru’s mission.
Furthermore, as a director in the organization, IPD will act as a member of the Strategic Leadership Team, foster organizational development, promote Nuru’s values and servant leadership culture, promote accountability and high performance, and encourage team creativity and innovation. Ultimately, you will ensure all impact programs are helping the rural community realize meaningful choices in order to lift themselves out of extreme poverty in a sustainable manner.
Leadership, Personnel Management & Team Building
- Mentor, empower and build the capacity of direct reports, both technically and managerialy and help them grow as leaders.
- Build manage team that collaborates effectively to achieve organizational goals.
- Exemplify the servant leadership philosophy of Nuru Ethiopia and work with other directors to build company culture around a service and farmer-first mentality.
- Supervise your team, set defined expectations, provide leadership and technical support as needed, and evaluate direct reports accordingly.
- Work with the administrative/HR department to improve performance management systems and coach managers to practice a results-based management style.
- Ensure that all impact program managers are given performance baselines, get periodic performance evaluations and get regular feedback using 1 on 1s.
- Provide an example to impact program managers in professionalism, rational strategic thinking, and time management and ensure high level of integrity among all impact programs.
Strategy and Program management
- Lead the Nuru Ethiopia Impact programs in accordance with Nuru’s overarching leadership philosophy, strategy and development model.
- Ensure that each Program Manager prepares clear plans (Program roll-out, Activity budget forecast, procurement/logistics plan, recruitment plan, etc.) that are in line with Nuru’s overall strategy.
- Design and/or improve program management processes, templates and policies to improve effectiveness and efficiency and implement after the approval by the Country Director.
- Work with the Nuru Monitoring & Evaluation team to ensure that impact programs are effectively monitored and evaluated in order to assess progress, increase impact and guide scaling decisions.
- Ensure impact programs are effectively integrated and that Program Managers and their teams work together to optimize community impact
- Ensure programs are implemented according to plans and budgets.
- Be responsible for contributing to and implementing strategy to ensure all programs create impact, are scalable, and have a plan for sustainability.
- Ensure that impact program managers submit weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports as per the set timeline.
- Collate regular program reports and submit to the Country Director and Nuru International as required.
- Maintain smooth relationships with government stakeholders at regional, zonal, woreda and kebele levels to the best interest of our farmers and Nuru’s strategy.
- Keep close relationship with our farmers and their cooperatives through regular field visits and ensure they get the best possible services from Nuru’s programs.
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with Nuru Ethiopia Country Director and Nuru International team on long-term strategic planning and milestone completion.
A member of Nuru Ethiopia’s Strategic Leadership Team (SLT)
- Serve as the primary advisor to the Country Director on all program related decisions.
- Attend SLT meetings and contribute to NE’s strategic decisions, as per Nuru Ethiopia’s Decision Making policy.
Report to: Country Director
Terms and conditions: The appointment will be for long-term fixed employment based on annual contract extensions and depending on performance.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Master’s degree holder and above in a thematic area or related field including rural development, agriculture, health, education, cooperative development, etc.
- Formal education in two of Nuru’s thematic areas is preferred.
- A minimum of 10 years’ in senior professional experience in an international organization in integrated programs of rural livelihoods, cooperative development, education, and/or health sectors.
- Experience in more than one thematic area is highly desired.
- Five years of managerial or director experience with multiple direct reports.
- A demonstrated understanding of community development, poverty cycles in rural Ethiopia, and NGO program cycle management.
- Strong quantitative skills including a substantial understanding of effective financial management, M&E systems, and budgetary control systems.
- Demonstrated experience with strategic and operational planning.
- Concrete examples of building organizational or program management processes in a previous role.
- Fluency in English and Amharic is required.
- Experience with being a part of a decision-making body within an international organization and demonstrated experience with balancing trade-offs to make difficult decisions.
Desired skills and attributes:
- Able to demonstrate servant leadership attitude, a passion for development work, and the ability to inspire others to achieve organizational goals.
- Excellent interpersonal communication, negotiation and problem-solving skills required.
- Organized with the ability to multi-task and support other people under stressful conditions.
- Strong time management skills and familiarity with tools for managing time and workflows.
- Excellent team building skills.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to assimilate and process information on a wide range of development issues.
- Attention to detail and ability to follow procedures, and work both independently and cooperatively with team members.
- Nuru Ethiopia highly values integrity and honesty.
How to Apply
Interested applicants who meet the MINIMUM requirements should send hard copy the following documents:
A detailed CV (not more than 3 pages) with a cover letter (not more than one page) only. Scanned certificates or documents other than CV and cover letter are not necessary at this stage
You may also send hard copy to Nuru International Ethiopia, P.O. Box 2093, Arba Minch, Ethiopia or submit at our head office based in Arbaminch, GamoGofa Zone, SNNPR.
Deadline for application is August 25,2018
Nuru Ethiopia is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability with respect to policies and visions. FEMALE APPLICANTS ARE HIGHLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted by telephone after the deadline of this announcement. All travel costs will be covered by the applicant if invited for written exam or interview. Applicants who fail to follow the steps listed above will not be considered.