Nuru International Jobs Vacancy 2018 for Procurement & Logistic Officer
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Applicants for the Nuru International Jobs Vacancy 2018. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Nuru International Jobs Vacancy 2018
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position ofProcurement and Logistic Officer. The Procurement & Logistic Officer will report directly to the Operation & Admin Director and will be in charge to ensure the effective planning and delivery of all transport for organizational activities, while monitoring effective vehicle maintenance and regular servicing. To manage the procurement team to source quotations and supplies/goods using professional, honest and trustworthy suppliers upholding our procurement procedures and conflict of interest policy.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Establish a clear procurement plan ensuring that requests are managed effectively ensuring sufficient time is provided to complete all necessary processes.
- Oversee the procurement analysis of all supplies/services ensuring detailed procedure and selection process is clearly outlined within the analysis section.
- Manage the delivery of goods/services to ensuring all items are correctly accounted for by the team.
- Ensure all procurement follows the organizational procurement procedures and all orders are made correctly with the right authorization
- Provide agenda, organize for all procurement committee meetings with suppliers, detailing minutes of committee meetings
- Support team members to present suppliers with procurement committee meetings.
- Ensure clear documentation for supplier selection is obtained for auditing purposes.
- Ensure the Conflict of Interest Policy is upheld throughout all processes of procurement
- Report to manager any concerns regarding procurement processes.
- Manage the Approved Supplier List.
- Ensure all suppliers uphold the terms and conditions of the agreement and in need of sourcing or changing current agreements organize procurement committee to facilitate any necessary additions and changes.
- Conduct price checks on all procurement conducted and manage the team to negotiate strong value for money.
- Organizing all drivers and vehicles to provide efficient transport for all project teams. –
- Ensure all drivers of organizational vehicles have read and fully understood the Vehicle Usage Policy and Vehicle Code of Conduct. In upholding this policy provide safety checks on vehicles- leaving the office and returning. Ensure all basic checks are completed on fluid levels and brakes on a weekly basis. These checks must be logged in Vehicle Maintenance Log Book.
- Manage the weekly vehicle timetable and communicate transport bookings with all drivers. – Ensure all vehicle log books are correctly filled in for all journeys and checked against the Fuel Log on a monthly basis.
- Ensure all work on vehicles is checked on completion, all parts are replaced and vehicles condition has improved where appropriate.
- Manage vehicle usage ensuring all employees and drivers comply with the organization Vehicle Usage Policy, any accidents or damaged are fully reported to senior management.
- Ensure all vehicles are roadworthy and have valid insurance.
Job start date: November 2018
Reports to: Operation and Administration Director
Terms and conditions:The appointment will be for short-term fixed employment based on annual contract extensions depending on performance
- BA in procurement and Supplies management , Supplies Management, Management , Business Management, Business Administration
- Minimum 4 years direct experience as procurement and Logistic officer in INGO
- Experience in procurement is highly required.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Fluency in spoken and written Amharic and English
Desired skills and attributes:
- Demonstrated technical and managerial ability, sound judgment and ability to work effectively with others at all levels;
- High level of integrity is required as Nuru is a humanitarian development organization and does not tolerate any attitude and behaviour related to fraud.
- Firm belief in teamwork, gender equality, participatory approach and sustainable development.
- Excellent interpersonal communication, negotiation and problem-solving skills required
- Experience in understanding and implementing Procurement and Logistic and policies.
- Structured, organized with the ability to multi-task and support other people under stressful conditions.
- Attention to detail and ability to follow procedures, and work both independently and cooperatively with team members.
- Passion or interest for development work, focused on leadership and grassroots impact
How to Apply
Interested applicants who meet the MINIMUM requirements should send soft copy of the following documents:
- A detailed CV (not more than 3 pages)
- A cover letter (not more than 1 page)
- A one-page table summarizing your educational background, work experience, technical skills and competencies to facilitate the screening process.
Send to firstname.lastname@example.org making copy to email@example.com and please put “Application for Procurement & Logistic Officer’’ in the subject line. Nuru is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability with respect to policies and visions.NURU IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY ORGANIZATION AND FEMALE CANDIDATES ARE HIGHLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY. Note:Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted by telephone or email immediately after the deadline of this announcement. All travel costs will be covered by the applicant if invited for written exam or interview.