One Acre Fund Recruitment 2018 for Human Resources Specialist – Jobs in Malawi
One Acre Fund Announces their Recruitment for several positions, Therefore qualified Applicant is requested to Apply for One Acre Fund 2018 See position below and Closing Date.
One Acre Fund is a dynamic, evolving organization that requires leaders who will lead through change, while strategically engaging staff and in-country and Global leadership teams for continuous support. As a program with complex in-country and Global operations, One Acre Fund Malawi requires a Human Resources team that has a clear, consistent approach to policing governance on behalf of staff, leadership, and the law. However, these same complexities require unique flexibility and nuance within HR functions to allow One Acre Fund’s hardworking staff to continue to serve our farmers. Recognizing the critical link between organizational success and staff engagement, One Acre Fund People Operations leadership is asking our HR team to play an increasingly strategic role in program operations.
Thus, the Human Resources Team is looking for an individual to lead the HR team to serve as HR Project Specialist for the Malawi Program. This person will be responsible for shaping, transacting, and partnering with staff and leadership alike to build a strong, proactive HR team.
The HR Project Specialist will act as a thought-partner, subject-matter expert, and feedback channel within the People Operations team, and as a representative of the country leadership team. Aside from leading the HR team through direct day-to-day services, the HR Project Specialist will be responsible for translating program, policy, and staff-driven needs into relevant, tangible services and systems that will drive improvement and usefulness across all HR functions, with the goal of supporting a flourishing staff and culture that is optimally positioned to serve farmers.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- HR Leadership (15%): Provide leadership direction to the HR function/team
- The HR Project Specialist will effectively manage and mentor HR staff at all levels, ensuring high levels of HR competency within the team. S/he will develop a strategic plan for the department enabling it to meet the service needs of over 250 staff members, serving 20,000 farmers by 2022. Anticipating future departmental needs, the HR Project Specialist will develop key existing talent with clear career mapping and planned growth opportunities.
- HR Centre of Expertise (15%): Design of HR Programs and Policies
- The HR Project Specialist will stay abreast of country employment and labour laws, using this knowledge in a close working relationship with One Acre Fund leadership and managers to guide HR policy compliance and decisions around key people issues including: strategic staffing plans, structural compensation management, benefits, training and development, performance management and disciplinary mechanisms, budget, and labour relations.
- HR Business Partner (25%): Consult the organization’s leadership teams on their specific division/department country based people issues
- As a member of the country leadership team, the HR Project Specialist will be responsible for providing useful, purposeful consultation on any and all human resource issues to division and department leads that prioritizes the mutual interest of staff and organization alike.
- Operational Support Management (20%): Lead day-to-day HR service delivery
- The HR Project Specialist will be ultimately responsible for ensuring that exceptional levels of service delivery are maintained throughout all HR functions at One Acre Fund Malawi, including: General HR (Policy, Employee Administration, Welfare, Corrective & Disciplinary Action, etc.), Structural Compensation Management, Payroll, HR Training, HR Policy Communications, and Data Management.
- Escalation (15%): Handle complex issues and escalated activities
- The HR Project Specialist will be responsible for the case management of complex or escalated issues such as disciplinary actions, mitigating liability, and responding to staff grievances quickly and efficiently.
- Payroll Administration Oversight (10%): Manage Payroll Processing for the Malawi Program
- The HR Project Specialist will own and oversee all task management of the monthly Payroll processing for all staff. This includes providing thorough and error-free quality controls of payroll data prior to handover to country leadership. The HR PS will also represent OAF Malawi to the Global payroll team, tracking Payroll KPIs in order to design common solutions to any delays or challenges to ensure all staff are paid on time each month.
CAREER GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentor-ship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
We are seeking an exceptional professional with 3 or more years of relevant work experience and ideally, a demonstrated passion for our mission. Candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
- Strong educational background; preferably a Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or a related field. A Master’s degree in any of the above mentioned fields is an added advantage.
- Excellent interpersonal and cross-cultural communication skills.
- Ability to lead teams and collaborate with colleagues from diverse backgrounds.
- Thorough understanding of the employment and labor laws of Malawi.
- Computer literate, proficient in MS Office, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to speak English and Chichewa.
PREFERRED START DATE
Commensurate with experience
Health insurance, paid time off
SPONSOR INTERNATIONAL CANDIDATES
No. Candidates must have existing rights to work in Malawi. Malawian nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.