One Acre Fund Recruitment 2019 – Human Resources Project Specialist… One Acre Fund Job recruitment 2019 application form, requirements, qualifications, and guidelines.
I believe you visit this page because you seek information on How to Apply for the One Acre Fund Recruitment – Job Vacancy exercise. This page will give you insight on how to apply for One Acre Fund recruitment 2019/2020, application form, requirements, qualification, guidelines, portal, and related details.
One Acre Fund Recruitment 2019
Applications are invited from in suitably qualified applicants for the 2019/2020 One Acre Fund Recruitment exercise. INTERESTED AND SUITABLY QUALIFIED members of the public can apply for any of the positions available at One Acre Fund following the procedures on this page.
Before we Continue, Let’s talk a little about One Acre Fund:
One Acre Fund is a fast growing agricultural Social Enterprise in East and Southern Africa that is innovating a new way of helping farm families to achieve their full potential. One Acre Fund invests in farmers to generate a permanent gain in farm income. We provide farmers with a ‘market bundle’ that includes education, finance, seed and fertilizer, and market access. Our program is proven impactful – every year, we weigh thousands of harvests and measure more than 100% average gain in farm income per acre.
Available Job Positions
The following Job Position is available at One Acre Fund:
Job Description and Role
Industry: Non-profit/International Development/Agriculture
Function: Human Resources
Employer: One Acre Fund
Job Title: Human Resources Project Specialist
Job Grade: 4
Commitment: Long Term Career Growth Potential
One Acre Fund is a dynamic, evolving organization that requires leaders who will lead through change, while strategically engaging staff and in-country and Global leadership teams for continuous support. As a program with complex in-country and Global operations, One Acre Fund Malawi requires a Human Resources team that has a clear, consistent approach to policing governance on behalf of staff, leadership, and the law. However, these same complexities require unique flexibility and nuance within HR functions to allow One Acre Fund’s hardworking staff to continue to serve our farmers. Recognizing the critical link between organizational success and staff engagement, One Acre Fund People Operations leadership is asking our HR team to play an increasingly strategic role in program operations.
Thus, the Human Resources Team is looking for an individual to serve as HR Project Specialist for the Malawi Program. This person will be responsible for shaping, transacting, and partnering with staff and leadership alike to build a strong, proactive HR team.
The HR Project Specialist will act as a thought-partner, subject-matter expert, and feedback channel within the People Operations team, and as a representative of the country leadership team. Aside from leading the HR team through direct day-to-day services, the HR Project Specialist will be responsible for translating program, policy, and staff-driven needs into relevant, tangible services and systems that will drive improvement and usefulness across all HR functions, with the goal of supporting a flourishing staff and culture that is optimally positioned to serve farmers.
Broad vision: Shape, transact, and partner with One Acre Fund leadership to make One Acre Fund Malawi a competitive and fulfilling career investment for all staff.
Roles and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
HR Leadership (15%): Provide leadership direction to the HR function/team under People Operations Division Leadership
- The HR Project Specialist will effectively manage and mentor HR staff at all levels, ensuring high levels of HR competency within the team. S/he will engage in thoughtful conversation to follow a strategic plan for the department enabling it to meet the service needs of over 200 staff members, serving 20,000 farmers by 2020. Anticipating future departmental needs, the HR Project Specialist will develop key existing talent with clear career mapping and planned growth opportunities.
HR Centre of Expertise (15%): Design of HR Programs and Policies
- The HR Project Specialist will stay abreast of country employment and labor laws, using this knowledge in a close working relationship with One Acre Fund leadership and managers to guide HR policy compliance and decisions around key people issues including: strategic staffing plans, structural compensation management, benefits, training and development, performance management and disciplinary mechanisms, budget, and labor relations.
HR Business Partner (15%): Consult the organization’s leadership teams on their specific division/department country based people issues
- As a member of the country leadership team, the HR PS will be responsible for providing useful, purposeful consultation on any and all human resource issues to division and department leads that prioritizes the mutual interest of staff and organization alike.
Operational Support Management (30%): Lead day-to-day HR service delivery
- The HR Project Specialist will be ultimately responsible for ensuring that exceptional levels of service delivery are maintained throughout all HR functions at One Acre Fund Malawi, including: General HR (Policy, Employee Administration, Welfare, Corrective & Disciplinary Action, etc.), Structural Compensation Management, Payroll, HR Training, HR Policy Communications, and Data Management.
Escalation (15%):Handle complex issues and escalated activities
- The HR Specialist will be responsible for the case management of complex or escalated issues such as disciplinary actions, mitigating liability, and responding to staff grievances quickly and efficiently.
Payroll Administration Oversight (10%): Manage Payroll Processing for the Malawi Program
- The HR Project Specialist will own and oversee all task management of the monthly Payroll processing for all staff. This includes providing thorough and error-free quality controls of payroll data prior to handover to country leadership. The HR PS will also represent OAF Malawi to the Global payroll team, tracking Payroll KPIs in order to design common solutions to any delays or challenges to ensure all staff are paid on time each month.
|Work Experience||● 3-5 years of experience in a Human Resources leadership role or similar role preferred; some team management experience preferred● Thorough and deep understanding of Malawian labour law required
● Must represent a customer-service approach to HR functions
|Education||Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required|
|Technical Skills||Computer literate, proficient with MS Office, Word, Excel and PowerPoint|
|Communication||Interpersonal and cross-cultural communication skills are excellent|
|Language||Chichewa and English required.|
Preferred Start Date
As soon as possible.
Competitive salary with bi-annual performance-based bonuses.
Housing allowance, airtime and transportation allowances
Two annual career reviews and weekly one-on-one mentoring. Your manager will invest significant time in your career development.
How to Apply
One Acre Fund Recruitment 2019 Application Details:
One Acre Fund is an equal opportunity employer; both women and men are invited to apply.