One Community Recruitment 2018 for Drivers (3 Positions) – Jobs in Malawi
One Community Announce their Recruitment for several positions, suitably qualified Applicant is requested to Apply for One Community Recruitment 2018. See position below and Closing Date…
One Community is a 5-year USAID-funded project focused on building HIV-competent communities, families, and individuals. One Community will empower priority populations with the knowledge, efficacy, and skills to effectively utilize HIV and social services, while at the same time strengthening community HIV support and prevention responses. This multi-level approach will create positive aspirations and future opportunities for those most affected by HIV. The overall outcome will be reduced incidence of new infections and improved clinical, social and economic outcomes among orphans and vulnerable children, adolescents living with HIV, people living with HIV, and other vulnerable populations in communities served by priority treatment sites in the eight project districts.
One Community is being implemented by the Johns Hopkins Center for Communication Programs (CCP) with partners Plan International and Project HOPE.
Position: Drivers x 3
Reports To: District Program Assistants
Location: Zomba and Machinga
The incumbent will drive authorized passengers, transport goods and services (information) and check the mechanical condition of the vehicle regularly and act accordingly in line with Johns Hopkins Universities policies.
Key Duties and responsibilities:
- Provide transportation for authorized staff and passengers to specified destinations as approved by the Supervisor in line with vehicle usage policy;
- Keenly monitor the security of vehicle, authorized passengers and luggage in line with the vehicle policy.
- Deliver packages, goods and mails and any other information to specified people, places and offices in line with the policy.
- Carry out regular checks on vehicle status/condition e.g. engine oil, water, nuts, license, insurance, COF etc. and schedule vehicle service with operations department.
- Report all minor and major damages and accidents on the vehicle to the Supervisor in line with the policy.
- Updates, prepare and submits monthly mileage records report to the Supervisor.
- Any other duties assigned from time to time.
- Should hold a minimum of Malawi School Certificate of Education (MSCE), Certificate of a reputable
- Motor vehicle mechanic will be an added advantage.
- A valid Class PG Driving Licence.
- A minimum of three years’ relevant experience in driving, with clean driving record preferably with an NGO.
- A recent and valid Certificate in Defensive Driving from an established driving school.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English both oral and written;
- Should be physically fit, of sober habits and good interpersonal skills;
- Willingness to travel widely and work odd hours.
How to apply
All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to apply by submitting a cover letter and a Curriculum Vitae to the following email address by 31st December, 2018 [email protected] or hand delivered to our offices situated in Makata Industrial
Area, Westbury Building, Opposite Aramex Glens, next to Chibuku Factory.