Chemonics International Inc hereby invites applications from Ethiopia for a Vacancy as an Operations Manager at Chemonics International Inc. The application will close on 30 September 2022.
Location: Addis Ababa
Chemonics International Inc advertised posts are as follows:
The Operations Manager is responsible to coordinate the activities of the GHSC-PSM Operations Team on the day-to-day office operations, which includes office administration; office procurement; and overseeing the overall safety and security apparatus; including compliance with US Government rules and regulations. S/he is responsible for giving overall office operations guidance to GHSC-PSM Ethiopia staff and consultants. S/he will report directly to GHSC-PSM Operations and Finance Director (OFD).
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support, train, provide operations administrative guidelines
- Conduct trainings for project staff on office and project policies, project management, and Living our Values business conduct.
- Ensure that GHSC-PSM Ethiopia project’s procurement systems and USAID approval, waiver, and other regulatory compliance processes are in place.
- Implements risk management functions such as routine file “spot check” reviews to ensure compliance by devoting approximately three days per month at each project office conducting file reviews.
- Serve as a Safety and Security Focal Point to Chemonics’ Headquarters, and for staff on the ground in Ethiopia.
- Assist with developing key administrative management systems in collaboration with the Operations and Finance Director and monitor the introduction of the systems. Specifically, the systems will include procurement management, record keeping systems, various reporting, security, and inventory control.
- Ensure Chemonics’ compliance with US Government rules and regulations regarding procurements of goods and services.
- Supervise the development and maintenance of a filing system in electronic and hard copy format for technical, financial, and administrative documents.
- Supervise and monitor the performance of the operations procurement and administrations team Perform any other task assigned by the OFD or Country Director/Deputy Country Director (CD/DCD) that is consistent with the overall nature of the Project.
- Exhibit Chemonics values and build culture of “Living our Values” within the team.
- Understand and adhere to established policies and procedures and promote them throughout GHSC-PSM staff.
- Serve as acting Operations and Finance Director, on occasion.
Level of Effort and Location
The duty station for this position will be at GHSC-PSM central Office, Addis Ababa, with intermittent local travels as needed.
The Operations Manager will report directly to GHSC-PSM Operations and Finance Director.
Qualifications and Desired Attributes:
- At least 5 years of operations and administrative management experience on international development programs, preferably with Chemonics; and a minimum 2 years management and/or supervisory experience (acting capacity coverage is acceptable).
- Advanced knowledge of office administration management, policy implementation, and business process improvement.
- Experienced knowledge of USAID procurement rules and regulations, as well as post-solicitation vendor management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines and produce quality results on time with attention to detail with strong ability to work under pressure, demonstrated through relevant project experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, demonstrated through project experience; and written and Spoken fluency in English and Amharic
- A Bachelor’s degree in business, office operations, management, and/or a related field
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity.
How to Apply
To apply, please reply to this e-mail [email protected] and please specify the position title as subject line in your application, if not specified your application will be denied and submit no later than September 30, 2022. No telephone inquiries pleases. Finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics is equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.