Orbis International Jobs Vacancy 2018 for Accountant – Jobs in Ethiopia
አዳዲስ ስራዎች በኢትዮጵያ ውስጥ, Orbis International Jobs Vacancy, Orbis International Recruitment, Orbis International Jobs Opportunities… Jobs details below…
ተፈላጊው አመልካች (ዎች) ይህንን እድል ለማጣራት በዚህ ገጽ ላይ ያሉትን ዝርዝሮች እና ሂደቶች ለመከተል.
Orbis International Vacancies 2018
Orbis International is a non-aligned, non-profit, global development organization whose mission is to preserve and restore sight by strengthening the capacity of local partners in their effort to treat and prevent blindness by providing quality eye care to transform lives. To achieve its mission, Orbis provides education and training, management systems development, technical and financial support, and research in order to build the capabilities of its in-country partners. Orbis promotes gender equity, advocate for sound practices and policies, and inspire people to assert their rights to better, healthier lives. Working in partnership with local organizations, we adapt our work in response to local needs.
The Accountant is responsible for reviewing and encoding financial data in to Accounting Software MIP, be custodian of financial documents and administer in and revenue and duty stamp on documents.
- Accountant enters, update and maintain accounting journals, ledgers and other records detailing financial business transactions (e.g., disbursements, expense vouchers, receipts, accounts payable). Enters data into computer system using defined computer programs (MIP)
- Reconciles records with internal company employees and management, or external vendors or customers.
- Organize and Maintain files and collecting data and Serve as a custodian of financial documents after payment is effected
- Make ready financial documents for auditing and up on request by the supervisor.
- Keeps a record of inland revenue data timely
- Put stamp on each financial documents before payment is effected
- Review and arrange financial documents before encoding the data in to MIP and encode after a review
- double check the data encoded in to the MIP against the original document
- Ensure Project Accountants to send soft data on weekly basis along with hard files
- Encode any adjusting entries prepared by the Senior Finance Analyst
- Keeps record of purchase of goods and services data and report to ERCA (Ethiopian Revenue and Customs Authority) on quarterly basis
- Strictly comply and perform tasks in accordance with the organization’s policies and procedures
- Generate an accurate data that is necessary to the needs of the organization
- The Accounting Clerk performs a variety of general accounting support tasks in an accounting department including travel expense reimbursements
- Performs other accounting activities as assigned by the supervisor
- Replaces the cashier accountant whenever needed.
Education, Experience, Certifications:
- Diploma/Degree in Accounting and having experience in handling huge financial data with any accounting software’s preferably (MIP).
- Required experience for Degree is three (3) years while for diploma, is six (6) Years and,
- NGO experience is more desirable.
- Certification in Microsoft office applications software and good knowledge of MS Excel is mandatory.
Essentials of Attitudes and Abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal skill
- Attention to detail and ability to multi-task is an asset.
- Excellent coordination skill, time management, and ability to prioritize tasks.
- Willingness to work under pressure.
- Ability to work under minimum supervision.
- Ability to effectively work in a team.
Orbis International Ethiopia provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or marital status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Orbis International Ethiopia complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Orbis International Ethiopia is organized in teams, with each team managed by a respective Supervisor. As a result, additional duties may be assigned to this position; responsibilities changed or deleted based on team assignments and re-structuring; and direct supervisor is subject to change. Decisions regarding applications for this position and employment at Orbis International Ethiopia should be based on this information.
How to Apply
As a global organization, we welcome qualified applicants from diverse backgrounds and cultures who reflect the five Orbis values of Trust, Caring, Commitment, Accountability, and Excellence.
Interested applicants can apply through the E-mail address:
Orbis is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To learn more about Orbis, go to http://www.orbis.org