Orbis International Ethiopia hereby invites applications from Ethiopia for recruitment to an Orphan and Vulnerable Children Service (OVC) Director Position at Orbis International Ethiopia. The application will close on 06 Nov 2022.
Location: Addis Ababa
Orbis International Ethiopia advertised posts are as follows:
- Provide technical guidance, and supportive supervision to project staff
- Ensure the coordination of OVC activities with other project activities for synergic impact
- Contribute to budgeting and staffing plans and activities
- Engage in technical assistance and capacity-strengthening activities in OVC for staff and implementing partner organizations to enhance program quality and impact.
- Oversee the identification, assessment and strengthening of partnerships relevant to OVC
- Ensure timely and appropriate project resources utilization
- Prepare and submit regular and timely performance reports to the COP adhering to USAID reporting requirements
Required education and experiences
- A minimum of Masters Degree in public health, Nursing or social sciences or related fields
- 10 years of direct experience in OVC response
- Five years of experience with social development, health child protection, household, social protection, education, health and nutrition and HIV/AIDS care and support.
- Experience in the prevention of HIV/AIDS with a focus on highly vulnerable children
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with local government, community and public health facilities, private sector entities, and local community structures.
- Commitment to the wellbeing of children and safeguarding and child protection matters
- Experience engaging with government departments (e.g. Ministry of Health, regional health bureau, local health institutions) and partner organizations.
- Experience with USAID funded PEPFAR OVC and or HIV/AIDS programs in Ethiopia is an added advantage
- Ability to coordinate multiple assignments
- Skills in determining priorities
- Strong interpersonal skills and positive professional attitude
- Ability to represent the project in a professional manner at all times
- Excellent written and communication skills in English language
- Skills in MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Web Conferencing Applications, information management systems.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their CV and application letter through the organization’s email address http://www.mekdimethiopia.org/content/vacancy within 5 days from the date of announcement.