Pathfinder International Ethiopia Vacancies 2018 for Finance Officer (Re-Advertised)
የሙያ ሙያ ኢትዮጵያውያን, Pathfinder International Ethiopia Jobs Vacancy, የሥራ እድሎች Pathfinder International Ethiopia, Pathfinder International Ethiopia Recruitment, Pathfinder International Ethiopia Jobs Opportunities… Jobs details below…
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for the Pathfinder International Ethiopia Jobs Vacancies 2018. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Pathfinder International Ethiopia Jobs Vacancies 2018
Overview of Pathfinder International
Pathfinder International is a global leader in sexual and reproductive health. We place reproductive health care at the center of all that we do—believing that it is not only a fundamental human right, but is critical for expanding life opportunities for women, families, communities, and nations, and paving the way for transformations in environmental stewardship, decreases in population pressures, and innovations in poverty reduction. Pathfinder provides women, men, and adolescents with a range of quality health services—from contraception and maternal care to HIV prevention and AIDS care and treatment. Pathfinder strives to strengthen access to family planning, advocate for sound reproductive health policies, and, through all of our work, improve the rights and lives of the people we serve.
Currently, Pathfinder Ethiopia is preparing for an upcoming project opportunity aimed at supporting adolescent girls to achieve a healthy transition into an adulthood. The project would be implemented jointly by Pathfinder Ethiopia and Care Ethiopia in Amhara, Oromia, and Tigray regions. Pathfinder would have lead responsibility for activities in Amhara region, South Gondar Zone, in five woredas: Ebinat, Libo Kemkem, Tache Gayint, Lay Gayint and Simada. Pathfinder will lead responsibility in Tigray, with exact zones to be determined in the future.
Job Summary/Position Summary:
Under the guidance and close supervision of the Finance Team Leader and Country Project Manager, the Finance officer will maintain proper documentation and data entry for all project financial transactions, and prepare timely financial reports using the Serenic system.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Maintains proper documentation and data entry for all financial transactions and submit these to the Senior Finance Officer for review.
- Prepares monthly Field Office Month End Financial Reports from the Serenic system, including but not limited to payroll register, personnel changes, VAT receivables, vendor withholdings and payables.
- Prepares bank reconciliations for all bank accounts of the Country Office.
- Liaises with the Human Resources Manager to ensure timely and accurate submission of country office staff timesheets.
- Coordinates and facilitates monthly cash transfers to Regional Project Offices.
- Processes travel advance and travel expense reports for the Country Office, checking for accuracy and compliance with Pathfinder regulations.
- Liaises with the bank regarding all financial matters linked to project bank account in the country office and work with the Finance Team Leader in wiring funds through other banks.
- Initiates payment, prepare checks and submit to authorized person for signature.
- Prepares and submits financial reports to tax authorities and other reports for local regulators.
- Works with the Senior Finance Officer to establish and maintain all project financial files and ledgers by thematic area.
- Reviews financial documents and enter into the Serenic Navigator system.
- Provides information to Advisors, Managers, and Officers pertaining to their budget, payments, advances, required documentation and other financial aspects of the Project.
- Performs other roles and responsibilities as assigned by immediate supervisor.
Opportunity: Adolescent Health Project
Reports to: Finance Team Leader
Qualification, Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and Finance
- Minimum of five years of experience in Accounting and Finance
- Must be alert to contemporary IT applications for Finance and Microsoft Office Packages (with advanced skills in using Ms Excel) and other tools
- Strong communication (written and spoken) and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work cooperatively with staff from diverse cultures
- Fluency in English and Amharic
- Proficient skills and advanced knowledge of Serenic Navigator system is mandatory.
- Must have demonstrable personal integrity, honesty and professional commitment such as pursuing ACCA, CPA, IFRS/IPSAS, local tax laws or equivalent
How to Apply
Pathfinder International invites eligible candidates to submit their applications via Ethiopiahr@pathfinder.org on or before November 25, 2018.
Applicants should write the position title on the subject line of their email and send only Cover letter and CV. No additional document is required.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Pathfinder is an equal opportunity employer and only shortlisted applicants will be considered