Pathfinder International Jobs Vacancy 2018 for Sbcc Advisor
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Applicants for the Pathfinder International Jobs Vacancy 2018. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Pathfinder International Jobs Vacancy 2018
Pathfinder International is a global leader in sexual and reproductive health. We place reproductive health care at the center of all that we do—believing that it is not only a fundamental human right, but is critical for expanding life opportunities for women, families, communities, and nations, and paving the way for transformations in environmental stewardship, decreases in population pressures, and innovations in poverty reduction. Pathfinder provides women, men, and adolescents with a range of quality health services—from contraception and maternal care to HIV prevention and AIDS care and treatment. Pathfinder strives to strengthen access to family planning, advocate for sound reproductive health policies, and, through all of our work, improve the rights and lives of the people we serve.
Program Overview (Summarize the purpose and activities of the department and/or project.)
TRANSFORM/Primary Health Care Unit (PHCU) is a USAID funded project to improve healthcare outcomes to End Preventable Child and Maternal Deaths (EPCMD) in Ethiopia, which in turn support Government of Ethiopia’s efforts within the Health Sector Transformation Plan (HSTP). TRANSFORM/PHCU will operate in the four most populous regions of Ethiopia (Amhara, Oromia, Tigray and Southern Nations, Nationalities and People’s Region). This will be accomplished in part by: mitigating the drivers of child and maternal mortality in Ethiopia’s most populous regions through the facilitation and implementation of quality health service delivery; improved management and performance of health systems; and implementation of innovative and evidence-based social behavioral change and communication interventions. TRANSFORM/PHCU will strengthen the capacity of the health system to effectively use management tools and implement best practices at all levels of the health system and health care delivery with a major focus at the primary care level that includes primary hospitals and PHCUs.
Position Purpose (Provide a brief summary describing the primary function and general purpose of this position.)
The Social and Behavior Change Communication (SBCC) Advisor is principally responsible for the development of SBCC strategy, tools and materials for the TRANSORM/PHCU program. S/He provides technical assistance to the Regional Offices and to Partners and coordinates SBCC activities overall. S/He represents TRNSFORM/PHCU Program in all SBCC related materials and tools development and harmonization activities.
Key Responsibilities (Describe the major duties and responsibilities of this position in order of importance.)
- Develop strategies and tools for SBCC activities of the program
- Support the regional offices in the development of annual plans and budgets that will lead to appropriate implementation of SBCC activities and attainment of corresponding results.
- Develop/adapt SBCC training manual and identifies training materials and adopt to be utilized for TRANSFORM/PHCU purposes.
- Design and manage SBCC capacity building activities, follows up activities in the project areas and ensures full participation of stakeholders in planning SBCC activities in regions, zones, woredas and kebeles where the project operates.
- Travel to regional locations to provide strategic support and technical assistance in specific technical areas related to implementation and capacity building.
- Carry out potential research and gathering important and new developments and best practices in SBCC
- activities and continuing to improve program performance and sharing innovative methods with partners
- Prepare quarterly and other program reports related to SBCC activities and submits a consolidated report to MEL team on a timely basis.
- Attend relevant TWG and partner’s meetings/forums to further develop collaboration and to obtain new and improved SBCC approaches, methods and ideas.
- Carry out all other duties as required by management.
Basic Requirements (Describe the experience, knowledge, skills, expertise, education, licenses and/or certifications, and specific computer/technical skills required to successfully perform in the position. Candidates must meet basic requirements to be considered for this job.)
- MA degree in Health Communication/Promotion, Social Work/Development studies, Sociology and/or Public Health or related fields.
- Minimum of ten years of experience in managing SBCC activities of health projects. Experience in practical fieldwork and prior supervisory position will be an advantage.
- Strong writing and communication skills both in Amharic and English are a necessity and knowledge of other local languages will be an added advantage.
- Must demonstrate mastery of computer skills in word processing, Excel for budget and spread sheet work and excellent presentation skills. Skills in data processing will be an advantage.
- Must demonstrate strong interest and commitment to family planning and reproductive health services, gender, and maternal and child health services
- Must have integrity and pleasant personality.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision, skills to promote teamwork and effort is essential. Experience in practical fieldwork and prior supervisory position will be an advantage.
- Ability and willingness to travel to project activity regions and woredas as per need is required.
How to Apply
· Pathfinder International invites eligible candidates to submit their applications via Ethiopiahr@pathfinder.org on or before November 05, 2018.
· Applicants should write the position title on the subject line of their email and send only Cover Letter and CV. No additional document is required.
· Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
· Pathfinder is an equal opportunity employer and only shortlisted applicants will be considered.