Plan International Jobs Vacancies 2018 for Emergency Procurement Officer – Jobs in Ethiopia
Plan International Jobs Vacancy, Plan International Recruitment, Plan International Jobs Opportunities… Jobs details below…
Plan International Jobs Vacancies 2018
Plan International is an independent non-profit organization that advances children’s well-being and equality for girls. Working in building powerful partnerships for children for over 75 years and present in 70 countries, Plan International strives for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children while working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners. Plan International Ethiopia is looking for Emergency Procurement Officer for Country Office.
Purpose of the Job
The Procurement Officer pro-actively supports the program activities at the Country Office by organizing adequate acquisition of goods and services mainly for emergency programs. Her/his responsibilities include the intake and follow up of purchase requisitions, tender/quotation procedures in coordination with the Logistics Coordinator, order processing, collecting quotations and other purchasing activities, invoicing and delivery of goods. S/he is also the primary responsible for sourcing, specification and standardization. S/he takes care of clear communications about delivery lead times and replies to any other inquiries of requestors.
The Procurement Officer will receive requisitions, collects quotations and prepare purchase orders and monitor/follows up on the delivery of goods and services. S/he pro-actively informs requestors about the status of their requests and prepares regular reports about requisitions processed and outstanding. The Procurement Officer will closely work with the Logistics Coordinator, Head of Logistic and Administration, Country Office Emergency team and other program staff. S/he works with trustworthiness and integrity and has a clear commitment to Plan’s core values and humanitarian principles.
Dimensions of Role:
Under the supervision of the Logistics Coordinator, the Procurement Officer is responsible for the implementation of the Procurement Guidelines and Procedure. S/he fulfils this responsibility through the processing and follow-up of requisitions into purchases and tenders. The Procurement Officer pro-actively performs supplier management. S/he is responsible and accountable for:
- Creating a positive working environment in which continuous improvement, service-mindedness, transparency and open communications are key values.
- Procurement processing and follow up of goods and services requested for emergency response operation or other requests as assigned by the supervisor.
- Responsible for sourcing of products, timely collection of quotations as per the procurement threshold/guideline and approved purchase requisition for goods and services and performing purchase transactions.
- Ensure that purchased items and services meet the stated requirements and takes care of delivery to the office/warehouse
- Conduct market assessments upon the direction provided by the Logistics Coordinator, collection of information about suppliers and market conditions and reporting supplier details, product lists and price lists to the Logistics Coordinator
- Performance of transparent transactions, purchasing and delivery of goods and services within prior agreed lead times and ensures that all purchases are properly documented.
- Prepare a weekly and monthly overview of requisitions processed and outstanding, including lead times.
Typical Responsibilities – Key End Results of Position:
- Receives requests for goods and services (requisitions) and ensures their completeness/compliance before they are processed;
- Advises requestors about product description and specification, prices, lead times and availability, promoting standardization, value for money and economy of scale;
- Commits to lead time estimations and is held responsible until timely indicated otherwise on the basis of clear and justifiable grounds;
- Collects quotations as per the Procurement Guideline and Thresholds then forwards them to the supervisor; reports any difficulties (sourcing, stock outs, unavailability, etc.) immediately to the supervisor and consults the requestor when needed;
- As directed by the Logistics Coordinator, may prepare comparative analysis for purchases through quotes and tender bids, takes minutes and reports outcome for the Tendering Committee;
- Coordinates the collection/delivery of goods, including adequate record keeping (GRN, SIV, Waybill, delivery note, etc.)
- Arranges transportation from suppliers to the office/warehouse, as necessary;
- Receives/collects invoices, arranges cash/cheques and withholding tax receipts with the Finance Department and makes payments when required;
- Settles all payments and/or cash advances with legal VAT receipts on a daily basis.
- Maintains an up-to-date Suppliers List and submits the list regularly for revision and endorsement to the Logistics Coordinator, Head of Logistics and Administration, Tendering Committee and CLT;
- Performs additional duties as per the request of the Logistics Coordinator, Head of the department or CLT
Knowledge, Skills, Behaviors, and Experience Required to Achieve Role’s Objectives:
- Bachelor degree in Business Administration, Management, Purchasing and Supplies Management, Supply Chain Management or related field
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience preferably in a Corporate, UN or NGO environment involving in the procurement activities out of which 2 years hand-on experience in procurement for emergency projects
- Substantial knowledge and experience in logistics with specialization in procurement activities
How to Apply
The closing date for the application is September 17, 2018. Qualified candidates should submit their application with the below link.
Please note that we are not accepting CVs that are not sent through the indicated link
This position is only open to Ethiopian Nationals, who must be eligible to live and work in Ethiopia.
Please note that:
– Applications and CVs written in English will be accepted and
– Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert early.
More information about Plan International can be found on http:// plan-international.org
References will be taken and background and anti-terrorism checks will be carried out in conformity with Plans Child Protection Policy. Plan operates an equal opportunities policy and actively encourages diversity, welcoming applications from all persons meeting the skills and experience required.
As an international child centered community development organisation, Plan International is fully committed to promoting the realization of children’s rights including their right to protection from violence and abuse. That means we have particular responsibilities to children that we come into contact with.
Plan International believes that in a world where children face so many threats of harm, it is our duty to ensure that we, as an organisation, do everything we can to keep children safe. We must not contribute in any way to harming or placing children at risk.