Plan International Jobs Vacancies 2018 For Camp Coordinator
Plan International Jobs Vacancy, Plan International Recruitment, Plan International Jobs Opportunities… Jobs details below…
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for the Plan International Jobs Vacancies 2018. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Plan International Jobs Vacancies 2018
Plan International is an independent non-profit organization that advances children’s well-being and equality for girls. Working in building powerful partnerships for children for over 75 years and present in 70 countries, Plan International strives for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children while working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners. Plan International Ethiopia is looking for Camp Coordinator for Gambella.
Dimensions of the Role
· Management of the camp and oversee and any development in the refugee camp
· Ensure high quality camp management and maximize safety and wellbeing of all inhabitants especially children
· Ensure effective collaboration and support of procurement, logistics, water, sanitation, health, security and education is ready duly
· Supervise and coordinate community workers in the refugee camp area
Overall Camp Management & Coordination
· Report on Camp Management issues to the Plan Emergency Response team and the local authorities through weekly assessments
· Effectively coordinate with key partners namely Relief International, UNHCR, UN Agencies and other NGOs
· Establish effective mechanisms for the participation of camp residents – in particular children – in decision making on camp life
· Ensure the delivery of all camp activities in accordance with Sphere and HAP standards
· Establish complaint mechanisms that enable camp residents to raise concerns on relief and camp activities
As necessary, recruit of a team of staff to run Camp Management activities;
Orient, train, and coach camp management staff as necessary;
Manage the performance of the camp management team in all aspects of the work with special emphasis on child protection.
Design reporting systems for weekly and monthly reports to ensure accountability to camp residents and other stakeholders
Ensure full compliance with reporting systems and review of all information gathered
Present regular reports to the emergency response manager or designate as required
As necessary, participate and coordinate Cluster group meetings
Clearly promote of child protection across the work of participants
Work in close coordination with the Child Protection specialist to ensure effective design and implementation of child protection mechanisms
· Ensures that Plan International’s global policies for Child Protection (CPP) and Gender Equality and Inclusion (GEI) are fully embedded in accordance with the principles and requirements of the policy including relevant Implementation Standards and Guidelines as applicable to their area of responsibility. This includes, but is not limited to, ensuring staff and associates are aware of and understand their responsibilities under these policies and Plan International’s Code of Conduct (CoC), their relevance to their area of work, and that concerns are reported and managed in accordance with the appropriate procedures.
B.A. degree in Education, Community Development, Agriculture, social science
Two to three years of camp coordination and management
Knowledge of humanitarian activities at refugee camps and understanding of international NGOs is preferred.
Awareness of child protection issues
Sensitivity to gender and child protection.
Competent in use of word and excel
Commendable writing and communication skill
Listens & Communicates effectively
How to Apply
The closing date for the application is August 4, 2018. Qualified candidates should submit the application form found with this link:https://career5.successfactors.eu/sfcareer/jobreqcareer?jobId=30821&company=PlanInt&username=
This position is only open to Ethiopian Nationals, who must be eligible to live and work in Ethiopia. Please note that: – Applications and CVs written in English will be accepted and – Shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert early. More information about Plan International can be found on http:// plan-international.org
References will be taken and background and anti-terrorism checks will be carried out in conformity with Plans Child Protection Policy. Plan operates an equal opportunities policy and actively encourages diversity, welcoming applications from all persons meeting the skills and experience required.
As an international child centered community development organisation, Plan International is fully committed to promoting the realization of children’s rights including their right to protection from violence and abuse. That means we have particular responsibilities to children that we come into contact with.
Plan International believes that in a world where children face so many threats of harm, it is our duty to ensure that we, as an organisation, do everything we can to keep children safe. We must not contribute in any way to harming or placing children at risk.