Plan International Jobs Vacancies 2018 for Logistics Assistant
Plan International Jobs Vacancy, Plan International Recruitment, Plan International Jobs Opportunities… Jobs details below…
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for the Plan International Jobs Vacancies 2018. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Plan International Jobs Vacancies 2018
- Receives requests for goods and services (purchase requisitions) and ensures their completeness/ compliance before they are processed;
- Advises requestors about product description and specification, prices, lead times and availability, promoting standardization, value for money and economy of scale;
- The Logistics Assistant will escalate large procurements (above ETB10,000) to the operation Office Logistics team; s/he will route and follows-up on the purchase requests then upon delivery of goods to the office, s/he will be in charge to organize adequate space and documents to receive the items then assists in distribution of the materials in the office.
- Timely collects of Performa invoices (quotes) for small purchases below ETB10,000 as per the approved purchase requisition for goods and services and the Procurement Guideline and forwards them to his immediate supervisor;
- Reports any difficulties (sourcing, stock outs, unavailability) immediately to the supervisor and consults the requestor when needed;
- Vehicle Management
- Responsible for the management of transportation services (vehicle movements for passengers and cargo).
- He/she receives trip requests, schedules vehicles, gives feedback to requestors and drivers and monitors their whereabouts to make optimal utilization of the fleet.
- The Logistics Assistant records all movements, response, travel and idle times, mileage and fuel consumption so as to analyse the needs for transportation services and balance the fleet size with the objective to optimize service levels.
- He/she proposes vehicle additions and subtractions on the basis of factual reports; short and long term rental
- Maintains a daily planning board showing trips, reservations and vehicle availability; monitors vehicle movements and takes corrective action when necessary and immediately informs those concerned;
- Monitors truck movements and communicated ETD/ETA with the consignee(s).
- Ensure safe transportation for staff and goods.
- Safety and Security
- Organizes appropriate facilities related to safety and security, such as fencing, locks and key management, firefighting equipment, escapes, etc. and makes sure that they are maintained/checked/ refilled timely;
- Supervises the office compound guards, evaluates their performance and arranges optimal working conditions; makes duty schedules and performs overtime and leave administration;
- Ensures the proper functioning of rainwater drainage and ground facilities including pavements and walkways;
- Brings any unsecure and/or unsafe situations and behaviour immediately to the attention of the Project Coordinator and Emergency PA Logistics Coordinator; reports incidents/accident immediately via telephone or email to the SNNP Program Area and Country Office Security Focal Point.
- Stock Movement and Store Management
- The Logistics Assistant is in charge of the of the daily store management operation in the operation office.
- S/he will coordinate loading and unloading trucks, stocking shelves, organizing store room, transporting and delivering items within the office as well as preparing basic paper work.
- Plans storage area before the incoming goods arrive, during unloading – checks and counts the incoming goods against the purchase order and supplier invoice or dispatch documents from the Program Area Office
- Prepares goods receiving note as directed and distribute the documents without delay.
- Coordinates dispatch and distribution of goods, arrange the goods for issues and loading to their destination; prepares distribution documents in coordination with the immediate supervisor and Program staff.
- Prepares issue voucher for goods and materials requested by users as directed by his/her supervisor.
- Make entries of goods received and issued in the bin card on daily basis
- Ensures that Plan International’s global policies for Child Protection (CPP) and Gender Equality and Inclusion (GEI) are fully embedd in accordance with the principles and requirements of the policy including relevant Implementation Standards and Guidelines as applicable to their area of responsibility. This includes, but is not limited to, ensuring staff and associates are aware of and understand their responsibilities under these policies and Plan International’s Code of Conduct (CoC), their relevance to their area of work, and that concerns are reported and managed in accordance with the appropriate procedures.
- Diploma or above in Purchasing and Supplies Management, Store Management, Business Administration or related field.
- Minimum of 3 years relevant work experience in INGO environment in emergency programs.
- Substantial experience in logistics.
How to Apply
The closing date for the application is Sept. 11,2018.
This position is only open to Ethiopian Nationals, who must be eligible to live and work in Ethiopia.
Please note that:
– Applications and CVs written in English will be accepted and
– Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert early.
More information about Plan International can be found on http:// plan-international.org
References will be taken and background and anti-terrorism checks will be carried out in conformity with Plans Child Protection Policy. Plan operates an equal opportunities policy and actively encourages diversity, welcoming applications from all persons meeting the skills and experience required.
As an international child centered community development organisation, Plan International is fully committed to promoting the realization of children’s rights including their right to protection from violence and abuse. That means we have particular responsibilities to children that we come into contact with.
Plan International believes that in a world where children face so many threats of harm, it is our duty to ensure that we, as an organisation, do everything we can to keep children safe. We must not contribute in any way to harming or placing children at risk.