Plan International Jobs Vacancies 2018 for Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning Specialist/Meal Specialist
Plan International Jobs Vacancy, Plan International Recruitment, Plan International Jobs Opportunities… Jobs details below…
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for the Plan International Jobs Vacancies 2018. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Plan International Jobs Vacancies 2018
- Support project designing, overseeing qualities of implementation processes, monitor, evaluate and sharing of leanings by using PALS standards in general and NOs’ M&E requirements in particular.
- Responsible for management of the Emergency Response M&E budget and provision of budget oversight for field based projects.
- Supervision of Assosa and Gambella M&E Coordinators.
- Responsible for initiating, development and delivery of a Monitoring, Evaluation and Research Framework as part of the Country Strategy Plan.
- Technical leadership and support in program/project design, planning, information gathering and synthesis, reflection and reporting processes including support on the development of PA Annual Plans, CO Annual Budgets, Annual Participatory Program Reviews and implementation of MER Plans.
- Lead the Management and proper implementation of PPM system
- Strategic overview of the implementation of PALS across Plan’s 4 regional programs and respective implementing and to inform system development and capacity building initiatives, as it is a core MER business of Plan globally. Monitoring, Evaluation and Research
- Ensure Plan’s planning, monitoring and evaluation processes meet the sector standards and comply with external accountability requirement.
- Assist technically on EiE/CPiE/Youth empowerment related researches at various levels.
- Monitor and evaluate all EiE/CPiE/Youth empowerment interventions
- Provide quality guidance to regional programs (PUs) in implementing PALS in their planning, monitoring and evaluation processes and in materialize PULT and CSP goals and objectives.
- Facilitate the monitoring, evaluation and research network in the country to promote good practice and identify ways to strengthen Plan’s planning, monitoring and evaluation processes.
- Ensure that M&E data from all regions for both external and internal audiences as required are collected, analyzed and availed for decisions
- Identify and respond to information requirements of different stakeholders and make information accessible on timely basis.
- Manage consultants and research partners to ensure that commissioned researches and evaluations are carried out to a high, international standard and successfully completed.
- Support knowledge management and learning by producing specific programme information resources.
- Produce country level programs’ performance reports (quarterly, APPR and CPPR) to enable effective decision making by the management teams in the country –both at PU and CO.
- Provide timely feedbacks to all relevant staff about the outcomes and quality of programs’ mid-term and end evaluation.
- Proactively seek and promote best practice as part of monitoring, evaluation and program effectiveness practice.
- Develops and implements new methodologies for improving Plan’s MER system at different levels in the country.
- Maintain consistency in monitoring and evaluation standards in the organization, leading the consistent application of MER system and donors compliance in programs’ cycle management process.
- Identifies weaknesses in monitoring and evaluation practice and develops targeted solutions alongside the identification and promotion of high quality evaluation practice. Program integration and mainstreaming
- Develop necessary guidelines & systems for CPiE/EiE and Youth Empowerment programs.
- Mainstream disaster risk reduction and emergency response interventions in EiE relevant program designs and implementation.
- Mainstream child protection in the program area as well as observe the Education in emergency policy and be vigilant to report all child protection concerns.
- Mainstream child centered community development approach in the project cycle to achieve appropriate participation of stakeholders and help them play a leading rolls;
- Foster collaboration and support at program level to develop plans for integrating programs with other thematic areasPartner development and strengthening
- Assess capacities of implementing partners on MER system in general and as per NOs requirements in particular and accordingly design necessary capacity strengthening mechanism.
- Participate in implementing partners’ selection and approval process representing MER system.
- Contribute for the development of partnership principles and implementation to ensure program effectiveness and quality delivery.
Networking and representation
- Provide technical inputs for the development of networks and clusters to promote effective program designing and quality implementation.
- Participate and contribute for collaborative and positive partnerships and alliances, and to influence policy that maximizes the impact of the country program.
- Support the efforts to establish linkage and good relationships with relevant government authorities, NGOs, academic and research institutions and the media to draw information and knowledge for program quality and effectiveness.
- Follow up and makes proper documentation of regional government policies, strategies and plans with respect to all projects in the PU.
- Actively participate in the country programme team in an open, cooperative and proactive manner and contribute towards ensuring smooth departmental collaboration and coordination.
- Provide technical assistance and training on promoting gender equality for partners and stakeholders.
- Build the capacity of staff and partners on gender mainstreaming, budgeting, etc
- Organise regular performance review meetings to assess progress but also to agree on and communicate any changes in strategy with the key project stakeholders
- Build the technical capacity of Plan staff and community volunteers and also ensure optimum community involvement in the conceptualization, development, management, monitoring and evaluation of the inclusion interventions.
Ensures that Plan International’s global policies for Child Protection (CPP) and Gender Equality and Inclusion (GEI) are fully embedded in accordance with the principles and requirements of the policy including relevant Implementation Standards and Guidelines as applicable to their area of responsibility. This includes, but is not limited to, ensuring staff and associates are aware of and understand their responsibilities under these policies and Plan International’s Code of Conduct (CoC), their relevance to their area of work, and that concerns are reported and managed in accordance with the appropriate procedures.
- Support in the enhancement of EiE programming- including project design, budget management, quality delivery and timely as well as quality reporting
- Assist in fostering strategic partnership and collaboration with UN, government and non-government actors to ensure collaboration and coordination in the area of EiE
- Assist in works related to improving understanding and practices regarding humanitarian standards with the aim to ensure programme compliance and accountability to humanitarian principles with focus on child education related rights and conventions
- Assist to ensure effective communication & information sharing on EiE, CPiE and Youth Empowerment as well as on the impacts and best practices of responses within and outside Plan Ethiopia
- Assist to in resource mobilization and fund raising endeavours for EiE, CPiE and Youth Empowerment projects by supporting resource mobilization and effective utilization of grants/budgets
- Assess the situation of emergency areas and develop appropriate and quality project proposals.
- Prepare sub-grants agreements for implementing recovery emergency projects and coordinate related issues.
- Facilitate and carry out baseline study, semi/annual reviews, and evaluations during the lifespan of the recovery plan/project.
- Facilitate quality monitoring, mid-term and final project evaluation of the emergency/emergency projects in PIE.
- In close coordination with, the Learning, the Child Centered Programming, the M&E advisors adjust tools for monitoring and evaluation of recovery projects.
- Manage and oversee the development, implementation, monitoring and tracking of work plans and budgets.
- Complete quality program outcomes which surely benefit the indicated beneficiaries of the Girl Power program.
- Provide operational guidelines and procedures for use by all partners implementing the program
- Ensure high quality reports are submitted in a timely manner and according to the donor and PIE requirements.
- Monitor the impact of the EiE project and promote learning by documentation of best practices for future emergency works.
- Ensure regular participation in Education, NFI, Shelter and other related clusters, task force meetings, networks and other platforms at national level and ensure timely sharing of information collected within PIE
- Provide other related supports as required
- Provide adequate technical support to Programme Units and partners in the area of planning and programming projects focusing on education in emergency/recovery
- Review and submit project progress and final/terminal reports for donors, government and other stakeholders
Knowledge, Skills, Behaviours, and Experience Required to Achieve Role’s Objectives:
Education, Qualification and Knowledge.
- B.Sc. degree in development studies, statistical analysis, Agricultural economics/economics or related fields and 5 years substantial experience in managing corporate system for Planning, monitoring and evaluation, which at least three years’ experience with INGOs..
- Knowledge of current humanitarian trends and thinking on programme effectiveness, learning and in Child Rights and Gender Equality programming.Competencies and Technical Expertise
- In-depth knowledge of project cycle management and child centred community development programming
- Knowledge of development issues, trends, challenges and opportunities and implications to community development
- Knowledge of the sector specific development issues such as education, health, child protection, emergency responses, inclusions and DRR issues.
- Knowledge of effective participatory Monitoring, Evaluation and Research systems
Skills Specific to the Post
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to build relationships with colleagues.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including presentation
- Strong negotiation, influencing and problem solving skills.
- Numeracy and the ability to interpret programs’ related MER findings and statistical data.
- Skills in developing monitoring tools, leading the process and reporting
- Ability to analyze information and evaluate options including of program planning, monitoring and Evaluation.
- Proficient in computer skills and use of relevant software and other applications
Commitment to Plan Ethiopia Values:
- Embracing Change
Leadership Attitudes & Behaviours
- Positively promotes team effort and high performance by all staff through shared successes
- Creates highly motivated team of unified purpose
- Relates to people in a friendly, open manner and engenders trust from other staff
- Creates strong sense of purpose within organisation and with stakeholders
- Holds self and others to account to deliver on agreed goals and standards of behaviour
- Sound judgement and decision-making in complex situations
- Aware of impact on others and adjusting own behaviour accordingly
- Humble, supportive, ethical and service oriented
- Promotes innovation and learning
- Pleasant and polite attitude at all times; ability to reflect professional standards
Able to work with minimal supervision
How to Apply
The closing date for the application is September 11,2018.
This position is only open to Ethiopian Nationals, who must be eligible to live and work in Ethiopia.
Please note that:
– Applications and CVs written in English will be accepted and
– Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert early.
More information about Plan International can be found on http:// plan-international.org
References will be taken and background and anti-terrorism checks will be carried out in conformity with Plans Child Protection Policy. Plan operates an equal opportunities policy and actively encourages diversity, welcoming applications from all persons meeting the skills and experience required.
As an international child centered community development organisation, Plan International is fully committed to promoting the realization of children’s rights including their right to protection from violence and abuse. That means we have particular responsibilities to children that we come into contact with.
Plan International believes that in a world where children face so many threats of harm, it is our duty to ensure that we, as an organisation, do everything we can to keep children safe. We must not contribute in any way to harming or placing children at risk.