Population Services International Jobs Vacancies 2018 for Wash Engineering Manager
Population Services International Jobs Vacancy, Population Services International Recruitment, Population Services International Jobs Opportunities… Jobs details below…
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for the Population Services International Jobs Vacancies 2018. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Population Services International Jobs Vacancies 2018
We’re Population Services International (PSI), the world’s leading non‐profit social marketing organization. We work to make it easier for people in the developing world to lead healthier lives and plan the families they desire by marketing affordable products and services that range from mosquito nets to contraceptives to HIV testing. We are a $560m enterprise based in Washington, DC, operating in the private and public sectors in more than 65 countries.
There are over 9,000 “PSI’ers” around the world. It’s a diverse group of entrepreneurs and professionals with an unusually wide range of backgrounds – from the medical industry to the music business – all with unique skills we bring to the job.
PSI/Ethiopia wants re imagine healthcare, put the consumer at the center, and whenever possible, bring quality care to the front door. We achieve health impact in Ethiopia by working with both government and private partners and harvesting technology innovation to bring quality care closer to communities, schools, and homes. We empower consumers by including them in the design of healthcare solutions, offering them more healthcare choices, and helping them to have a voice in influencing national priorities. We work with all market actors in the health system to understand their needs, designing and delivering solutions so that market systems can sustainably serve consumers for the long term, helping to support the Government of Ethiopia in achieving Universal Health Coverage.
We are looking for a technical person, ideally from the engineering sector, to help the leadership of PSI/Ethiopia WASH team adhere to high standards of technical competence and quality in designing, improving, and promoting WASH-related products, service, and innovations. The technical advisor has strong communication and project management skills, and the ability to create and review technical specifications that translate into workable implementation solutions for rural and peri-urban communities in Ethiopia.
Sounds like you? Read on!
Under the supervision of WASH Business Development Manager, you will:
- Design and implement new product concepts to the rural and urban WASH market
- Prototype product concepts on field with consumers and local producers
- Make recommendations on technical appropriateness of proposed design concept
- Provide specification, design, bill of quantity and quality standards for new and existing WASH product concepts
- Develop technical training manuals and guidelines for WASH products
- Support project management related to product design and business model development
- Travel to the field and review technical aspects of new product installation within communities/consumers
- Serve us a technical liaison for communication on technical aspects of WASH products
- Technical design bill of quantity standard and specification
- Review reports with recommendations
- Technical training manual tailored to TOT training
- Prototype new product designs and pilot within users
- Technical quality assessment tools
- Program briefs, learning notes (in English), and other communication products
- Program reports (or sections)
What are we looking for? The basics
- MSc/BSc in Civil/Water Engineering or related fields.
- Minimum 5/7 years of civil engineering experience in WASH, preferably with a development organization.
- Demonstrated experience in technical quality assurance and improvement, with ability to document processes and systems in a digestible way and present them to management and staff.
What would get us excited?
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with teams.
- Strong writing and presentation skills, particularly related to technical and market development topics.
- Previous experience in doing similar work in a development context.
- Fluency in spoken and written English mandatory, proficiency in Amharic is a plus.
- Experience working in Ethiopia is a plus.
How to Apply
1. Fill out the application form using the following link: Online Application Form. It will only take 5 to 10 minutes
2. Send your CV and application letter to [email protected] clearly mark “Application for WASH Engineering Manager position” in the subject line.
3. Check your email and make sure you receive an automatic responseacknowledging receipt of your application that means your application was successful. If you don’t receive the automatic response, check again your subject line and if needed, re-submit your CV and application letter with the correct subject.
Application deadline August 19, 2018. We’ll call or e-mail you back if there is a good fit on both sides.
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation or disability.