GOAL Ethiopia hereby invites applications for recruitment to the post of Programme Support officer _ Logistics and Finance.
- The application will close on 18 November 2020.
- Location: Addis Ababa
GOAL Ethiopia advertised posts are as follows:
- Programme Support officer
- Logistics and Finance
‘If we engage communities, build on their inherent capacities and strengthen the systems in which they live and work, then poor and vulnerable households will achieve resilient well-being.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY/DUTIES
The Programme Support Officer – Finance and Logistic shall work closely with the Senior programme Support Officer- program managers, program coordinators and support team to facilitate and support the program management. He/she will report to Senior Programme Support Officer.
Administrative and generic program management
§ Prepare and follow up the timely submission and analysis of grant monitoring tools
§ Prepare a monthly procurement planning and ensure timely raise of the OQRF as required.
§ Check and sign on any payments and/or transportation summaries prior to approval by the programme managers
§ Follow up outstanding tasks including procurements, OQRF, …etc on a timely manner and take appropriate action in liaising with programme, Logs and Finance pertinent staff
§ Assist in the preparation of programme budget
§ Assist Senior Program Support Officer on Follow up Quarter and Interim report due as per donor period
§ Maintain sub-granting agreement files and records as deemed necessary.
§ Sub grant activity and follow up on reporting schedule in reporting to the programme team
§ Prepare facilitate and document Grant Opening Meetings, Grant Interim meetings and Grant Closing meetings and follow up the timely accomplishment of the action points.
§ Liaise with all relevant parties to identify and plan an appropriate response.
§ Liaise on a regular basis with Programme Manager on the progress underway and plans scheduled.
§ Assist Program Manager with coordination and establishment of working relationships with humanitarian agencies operating in the same areas.
§ Assist Program Manager in agreement of operational plans, draft agreements and oversee sub-contractors and partners work on the programme as required.
· Assist programme Advisor in writing proposals ensuring a fast and effective response to reported emergency
· Secondment of similar positions will be facilitated, as deemed necessary, between the finance and programme.
· Familiarise oneself with program locations, both theoretically and physically, to ensure always there is a good level of appreciation for the conditions the target population are living in and within which the Humanitarian response teams are working.
The Programme Support Officer is responsible to:
§ Read, understand and implement GOAL Ethiopia’s policies on mainstreaming issues of Gender, Child Protection and HIV/AIDS
§ Work with the relevant focal persons to make sure that gender, Child Protection and HIV/AIDS are mainstreamed or considered when preparing concept notes and proposals
§ Act as a role model and provide feedback to encourage others in supporting employment equity and diversity principles, and the accommodation of differences in the workplace; model the flexibility required for working in a diverse environment
§ Keep him/herself updated on the country’s situation with regarding trends of mainstreaming issues and the humanitarian context
§ Familiarize self to GOAL Donor Compliance issues and implement accordingly in area of responsibility
§ Make sure that government reports and agreements are completed according to the donor compliance schedule and donor requirements
Investigate emergency affected areas.
· Assist Program Manager in liaising with local authorities and other partners to determine the current situation in the target area.
· Assist Program Manager in making recommendations (based on the technical advice provided by sector heads and in full collaboration with them) on what future interventions are required to safeguard the target population
· Where required in new locations, work as field program manager temporarily to start-up new interventions and handle managerial tasks.
WASH, Nutrition, Health, Protection and Livelihood Programme
· Assist Program Managers in overseeing the design and implementation of a viable and equitable multi-sectoral program strategy in conjunction with local officials and other actors.
· Assist Program Managers in liaising with Program Coordinators to ensure that the appropriate monitoring and evaluation Program for all interventions are in place and individuals are actively collecting information in line with donor requirements.
· Assist Program Managers in undertaking occasional spot checks to ensure that appropriate beneficiaries are receiving appropriate inputs. Work with sector heads to modify implementation procedures as necessary, based on findings.
· Familiarise oneself with program locations, both theoretically and physically, to ensure at all times there is a good level of appreciation for the conditions the target population are living in and within which the Humanitarian response teams are working.
· Assist the sectoral team on the proposal budget preparation both for government and donor
· Assist the sectoral team on the procurement plan preparation
· Assist the sectoral team to facilitate the government agreement preparation
· Assist the sectoral team in the oversee the design and implementation of a viable and equitable multi-sectoral program strategy in conjunction with local officials and other actors.
· Assist the sectoral team to ensure that the appropriate monitoring and evaluation for all interventions are in place and individuals are actively collecting information in line with donor requirements and monitor in and out stock movements and understand ahead about the stock dynamics and regular update to the sectoral team.
· Work closely with logistic, transport, and procurement unit to assist the sectoral planning process are smoothen and achieved in timely manner
- BA/Diploma in Accounting, Financial Management or related field with 3 years of relevant experience for BA holder and 5 years’ experience for Diploma holders in NGO environment.
- Key qualities, Skills and Competences: (list of qualities that are considered necessary for the specific post which are believed to be key to the success of the job holder in the specific post):
- Having an internationally recognized accountancy qualification and familiarity and experience with nutrition and health programmes and flexibility to respond to an evolving emergency situation is an advantage.
- Computer literate; very good communication skills, both spoken and written.
- Budgetary control and financial management skills.
- Experience in procurement and related logistics management skills.
- Extensive knowledge of USAID/OFDA, ECHO, UNOCHA, EU, etc. rules and regulations.
- Capacity to liaise with donors and partners, experience in cross-cultural situations, especially working with government officials.
- Initiative and able to achieve results.
- Good command of the English Language;
- Attention to details.
- Sensitive to crosscutting issues like child protection, HIV/AIDS and Gender
- Experience in Monitoring and Evaluation processes for humanitarian/livelihood programs
- Must read, understand and implement GOAL Ethiopia’s gender/child protection policies. He/She is expected to be gender sensitive and commit towards implementing approaches supporting gender focused concepts and child protection
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software packages and experience using data analysis tools
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to establish effective and working relationships with staff members, government officials, and other organizations and stakeholders
- Experience with capacity building and in designing and facilitating trainings and workshops for diverse audience
- Experience in living and working within cross-cultural and remote environments
- Ability to work well under high pressure and to take on increasing responsibilities
- Independent thinking and proactive management style
GOAL’s recruitment procedure is fair and transparent which is also in line with the organization’s commitment to its integrity, honesty and culture. GOAL is committed to ensure that, its performance complies with the terms and conditions of relevant agreements, applicable laws & regulations. Hence, pre-employment background checks will be conducted, and employees are required to read, understand, sign and implement different polices including safe guarding and child protection policy, Protection from Sexual Exploitation and abuse policy, sexual harassment policy, code of conducts and any other rules and regulation of the organization. GOAL is strongly committed not to harm the people under its care.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants need to submit ONLY once their non – returnable application with CV for one vacancy. The vacancy reference number along with the title needs to be written in the application letter and/or subject of the email. Applicants can apply using the following option.
Applicants who have access to the internet can directly apply online using firstname.lastname@example.org or ethiojobs.net. (The vacancy reference number along with Job Title needs to be written on subject of the email, failing to do this may lead to disqualification).
GOAL strongly encourages female candidates to apply!