Orbis International Ethiopia hereby invites applications from Ethiopia for recruitment to a Project Manager
Position at Orbis International Ethiopia. The application will close on 06 Nov 2020.
Location: Bonga, SNNPR
Orbis International Ethiopia advertised posts are as follows:
The Project Manager reports to the Senior Program Manager and he/she leads a project team that comprises Field Coordinator, M & E & TT Quality Assurance Officer and Field Assistant/Driver. The main functions consist of, but not limited to the following:
- Develop and maintain trust and good relationships between Orbis and its partners by working in collaboration with the respective sector institutions, collaborating agencies, volunteer workers and communities in the project area.
- In consultation and cooperation with the Senior Program Manager, project staff and partners, undertake the planning of project activities and budgets, reporting of all expenses and monitoring the implementation of the project
- Manage project resources (human, financial and property) and coordinate, supervise and provide technical support to the project staff for satisfactory and timely implementation of the planned project activities.
- Initiate and maintain collaboration with local and international organizations involved in the provision of water and sanitation education and services as well as stakeholders involved in eye care activities in the project area
- Facilitate preventive and curative activities for the prevention and control of blinding eye diseases that are priorities of national VISION2020 initiative in the project area, namely Trachoma, Cataract, Refractive Errors, Childhood blindness and glaucoma;
- Maintain regular contact with Orbis International Ethiopia office in Addis Ababa through email, telephones and other available means.
- Report regularly to the Senior Program Manager and participate in the interface with collaborating parties in the implementation of all project activities, including progress made in achieving outputs identified in the plans, as measured by specific indicators and benchmarks.
- Controls the financial utilization of the project together with the supervisor and the Finance Director.
- Maintain comprehensive records of activities, reports, studies and baseline data of the project area.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual reports against the planned achievements and submit to the Senior Program Manager.
- Participate in regional and zonal health planning and review meetings organized by regional health bureau, zone and if necessary at Woreda level
- Participate in mid-term and final evaluations as well as conference, as requested
- Coordinates with partners the timely and effective distribution of Zithromax and other antibiotic distribution to beneficiaries
- Prepare quarterly well-prepared case studies and submit to the Senior Program Manager and Communication and Program Officer timely;
- Ensure the management of specific project funds and petty cash allocated for local expenses is appropriate and well-coordinated with the Finance Section at the head office;
- Plan and participate in annual planning and periodic monitoring and evaluations of the project, partnership and review meetings and conferences, as required.
- Organize and lead joint supportive supervision and provide technical and managerial support with IECWs, woreda health offices, health facilities and other stakeholders
- Facilitate and involve in baseline studies and research activities in the project area when required
- Ensure adequate records of activities, reports and baseline data of the project area are maintained
- Act as a link between the zones, Woredas, health facilities and Orbis International-Ethiopia.
- Perform any other related activities as may be assigned to her/him by his/her supervisor
- B.Sc. degree in one of the health fields, and an MPH
- At least five years of demonstrated experience in implementing, managing, and monitoring multi-partner health projects/programs.
- Experience in blindness prevention, trachoma, and/or preventive ophthalmology is an advantage.
- Speaking the local language of the project area population is an asset
- Good command of written and spoken English.
- Basic IT skills particularly word processing and spreadsheet applications.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills (verbal & written) required.
- Able to interact and (manage) people of diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Ability to foster an open trusting work environment.
- Ability to lead a team in Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI)-based environment.
- Accepts accountability for works planned and promised and respect deadlines.
- Supports a customer-centered approach to programs, services, and systems,
How to Apply
Applicants who fulfill the minimum requirements can send their CV and non-returnable copies of their certificates and testimonials of professional work experience and supporting documents to the following address within 10 calendar days from the date of the vacancy announcement. Only short-listed applicants will be communicated.
22 Mazoria – Rebecca Building 3rd Floor Room No. 306
P.O.Box 23508 Code 1000
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
e-mail – Woinshet.Haileyesus@orbis.org
To learn more about Orbis, go to http://www.orbis.org
Orbis is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
As a global organization, we welcome qualified applicants from diverse backgrounds and cultures who reflect the five Orbis values of Trust, Caring, Commitment, Accountability, and Excellence.