PSI Malawi Recruitment 2018 for Communication Advisor, VMMC – Jobs in Malawi
PSI Malawi Announce their Recruitment for several positions, Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity on how to Apply for PSI Malawi Recruitment 2018. See position below and Closing Date…
Upcoming USAID Funded Programmes
PSI is a leading global health organization with programs targeting malaria, child survival, HIV and reproductive health. Working in partnership within the public and private sectors and harnessing the power of markets, PSI provides life-saving products, clinical services and behavior change communications that empower the world’s most vulnerable populations to lead healthier lives.
PSI’s core values include a belief in markets and market mechanisms to contribute to sustained improvements in the lives of the poor; results and a strong focus on measurement; speed and efficiency with a predisposition to action and an aversion to bureaucracy; decentralization and empowering our staff at the local level; and a long-term commitment to the people we serve. PSI has programs in 67 countries. For more information, please visit www.psi.org
PSI Malawi, a network member of PSI, seeks to recruit qualified professionals for positions that will be available pending funding as follows:
PROGRAMME: VMMC (VOLUNTARY MEDICAL MALE CIRCUMCISION)
Communication Advisor, VMMC
The Communication Advisor will lead the design, roll-out and day-to-day management and implementation of communication strategies and interventions to promote increased uptake of VMMC. S/he shall have depth and breadth of technical expertise and experience in designing and implementing comprehensive health communication interventions, and related capacity strengthening.
S/he will have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Master’s Degree or higher in public health, social and/or behavioral sciences or a related field, with emphasis on community-level health communication, promotion and/or education.
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in the East and Southern Africa region with progressively increasing responsibility designing, implementing and assessing large scale health communication programs.
- Deep expertise in evidence-driven, theory-based, behavioral HIV prevention interventions.
- Familiarity with innovative, interdisciplinary approaches such as human-centered design and behavioral economics for increasing demand for and use of health products and services.
- Prior experience with building community competency to improve health, and participatory methodologies for engaging beneficiaries in planning and implementing local-level activities.
PSI Malawi is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of actual or perceived race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, matriculation, political affiliation, family status or responsibilities, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, childbirth: related medical conditions or breastfeeding, genetic information, amnesty, veteran, special disabled veteran or uniform service member status or employment status
Interested candidates should submit applications addressed to the Head of HR through the following email address: [email protected] by the 2nd January, 2019