Public Health Institute Jobs Vacancy 2018 for Editorial Manager – Jobs in Ethiopia
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Applicants for the Public Health Institute Jobs Vacancy 2018. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Public Health Institute Jobs Vacancy 2018
The post holder is responsible for setup journal by filling in templates and checking options; manages users, assigns roles; manages reading tools, indexing, prepared emails from submission to publication and dissemination of the Journal. The successful applicant will communicate with authors, reviewers and editors and serve, in close consultation with the Editorial Board. S/he keeps board minutes; prepares and provides reports as necessary; engages in income generating activities and involves in annual conference activities. The post holder will also be responsible for making sure that the issues are released at the specified time and for making sure that the issues are distributed to subscribers in a timely fashion.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Setup journal by filling in templates and checking options; manages users, assigns roles; manages reading tools, indexing, prepared emails
- Receives manuscripts from authors and checks them for completeness based on the journal format.
- Sends manuscripts to the appropriate editor for pre-review.
- Per advice from the Board, sends pre-reviewed manuscripts to authors or peer has previous experience on journal management on similar reviewers.
- Compiles and sends peer reviewers’ comments to the corresponding authors and follow-up to ensure timely return of revised or reviewed manuscripts.
- Follow-up of the manuscript reviewing to ensure all is done well in time
- n MS-Publisher edule.mansucripts
- Prepare manuscripts approved by the Board in MS-Publisher, get final approval by the copy editor
- Sends camera ready manuscripts for printing and get issues published in time.
- Coordinates and facilitates Editorial Board meetings
- Records and manages Editorial Board meeting minutes.
- Manages the online manuscript submission to publication process
- Distributes published journals to the scientific members and different stakeholders
- Manages special issues as per the regular issues from submission to publication
- Prepares and provides quarterly and annual reports.
- Generates income through special issue publication, advertisement and by supporting journal subscription by different stakeholders
- M.A or MPH
- A minimum of 8 years of related work experience
- Has experience on data base management
- Has experience online manuscript submission to publication process
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Advanced computer skills
- Excellent communication & interpersonal kills
- Be able to demonstrate creative and result oriented services
Competent female applicants are encouraged.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can register in person or send their cover letter and non-returnable up-to-date CVs original and copy of all your credentials document at the address given below.
Women are encouraged to apply for the positions.
Ethiopian Public Health Institute, Human Resource Management Directorate
Human Resource Management Case team
Room No. 112 P.O.Box 1242 or 5654
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia