Rti International Jobs Vacancies 2018 for Finance Assistant (Cashier Accountant)
Rti International Jobs Vacancy, Rti International Recruitment, Rti International Jobs Opportunities… Jobs details below…
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for the Rti International Jobs Vacancies 2018. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Rti International Jobs Vacancies 2018
RTI International is an international, independent not-for-profit organization dedicated to improving the human condition by turning knowledge into practice. With a worldwide staff of more than 4,000 people, RTI offers innovative research and development and a full spectrum of multidisciplinary services that meet the highest standards of professional performance.
RTI NTD projects support and expand Neglected Tropical Disease (NTD) control and elimination in priority countries and will further the development of evidence-based policies and standards globally. Morbidity Management and Disability Prevention (MMDP) is a five-year cooperative agreement through which RTI supports and expands NTD control and elimination in priority countries and will further the development of evidence-based policies and standards globally. MMDP focuses on lymphatic filariasis and trachoma. To learn more about MMDP please visit: http://www.mmdpproject.org
The Finance Assistant based in Addis Ababa is responsible for the day to day accounting function for ENVISION and Morbidity Management and Disability Prevention (MMDP) USAID-supported projects; which span the regions of Oromia, Tigray, Beneshangul-Gumuz and Gambella.
The Finance Assistant is a custodian of cash and check, reviews and processes vendors’ payment, work on monthly withholding liability, mange fixed assets, and provide support on monthly financial report. He/She closely works with Procurement and HR Team. The position requires utilization of the appropriate systems and following proper accounting procedures to disburse, account for, and report usage of funds.
Data Management Responsibilities
- Prepare payment vouchers in support of payments for project activities and suppliers invoices confirming such payments are: in accordance with the laid down procedures and policies, accurate, complete, adequately supported by all underlying appropriate documents, correctly coded to appropriate expenses and tracking code and project code.
- Process travel and workshop advances, disperse payments for workshops/trainings, consultants’ payment and other related costs as per RTI policy.
- Process checks and wire transfers to suppliers and employees Accounting/keep track of expenses and other financial transactions, mainly involving expense entry, tracking and record keeping.
- Reconcile and prepare monthly withholding liability and timely prepare payment voucher
- Make payments to workshop participants (including travel and meals refunds), consultant and professional fees as designated by the supervisor.
- Prepare journal vouchers or adjusting entries for necessary reviews and approvals.
- Provide support to the Finance and Grant Manager in compiling and submission of the monthly financial reports package.
- Update the Fixed Asset/Equipment records (asset management), conduct periodic counts and prepare annual fixed report.
- In collaboration with the Logistics Specialist, support collection and filing for logistics (accommodations, transport, vehicles) invoices, receipts and payments.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by supervisor.
Minimum Required Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and Finance/Commerce and minimum 1 year of working experience in accounting and/or financial field. Experience of working with USAID funded projects is preferable.
Skills and Abilities:
- Skills and abilities required to perform the essential job duties of this job are listed below. An addendum that clarifies additional skills and abilities for incumbents in this job may be used in addition to this description
- Excellent knowledge of MS Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel
- Excellent knowledge of accounting systems e.g., QuickBooks
- Ability to multi-task & work well with others.
- Ability to listen and communicate well both verbally and in writing
- Ability to work independently
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to obtain proper security clearances as noted by contracts.
How to Apply
RTI invites eligible candidates to indicate their interest in the position no later than August 25, 2018. Applications should consist of a letter, detailed curriculum vitae, supporting credentials and 3 professional references, including your professional relationship with that person, the person’s telephone number and an email address.
Successfully candidates is expected to start immediately.
Submit applications to [email protected] or through P.O.BOX: 21054/1000 Main Post Office in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia or hand deliver to: RTI Office, Mafi City Mall, 5th floor, Room # 501, (Bole in front of Bole Medhanialem Church) with the position title on the subject line. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please note: RTI International does not use agents or require any form of payment in the recruitment process.