Save The Children Jobs Vacancies 2018 for Child Safeguarding Coordinator
Save The Children Jobs Vacancy, Save The Children Recruitment, Save The Children Jobs Opportunities… Jobs details below…
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for the Save The Children Jobs Vacancies 2018. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Save The Children Jobs Vacancies 2018
Save the Children is an exciting and dynamic organization that follows a holistic approach to achieve more for children and use its resources in an efficient and sustainable way. In every programming we aim to achieve results at scale, build partnership to influence others and increase our impact; look for innovate solutions to the problems children faces, campaign for better practice and ensure that Children’s voices are heard.
Save the Children is an organization for talented people with different backgrounds and perspectives. We are proud that our people are representative of the children we work with and we thrive on our diversity. We are an equal opportunity organization dedicated to our core values of Accountability, Ambition, Collaboration, Creativity and Integrity. Our culture is embedded in these values, along with a strong commitment to our Child Safeguarding Protocol, ensuring that all representatives of Save the Children demonstrate the highest standards of behavior towards children both in their private and professional lives.
Save the Children offers sound employment conditions with opportunities for personal growth and development. If you are interested to work in an organization that is determined to achieve dramatic change for the most vulnerable children, we encourage you to look through the job profile below.
Child Safeguarding Coordinator
Place of Work
Monthly Salary in ETB
As per the salary scale of the Organization
No. of Positions
Under the direct supervision of the Child Safeguarding Head, the Child Safeguarding Coordinator will support the unit to meet the child safeguarding quality standards at the country office.
S/he is responsible to facilitate training for various groups, conduct risk assessment of projects mainly the humanitarian responses, establishment of friendly reporting mechanism for beneficiaries, and facilitate the development of friendly materials. S/he is also responsible on monitoring of standard practices of sectors across all location, reporting, data maintaining, share learning. S/he has a responsible to travel at various field offices for support.
S/he will be responsible to assist the country office to ensure compliance is met. This will include:
Support child safeguarding focal points on dissemination of safeguarding materials; develop guidance, review of tools and update data
Support partners on capacity building and monitoring compliance
Updating local procure of the country program
Communicating “keeping children safe” messages for volunteers, beneficiaries and representatives.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Head of Child Safeguarding
Dimensions: Save the Children works in various regions of Ethiopia with large number of staff with expenditure of approximately $90+ million each year.
Staff directly reporting to this post:
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
· Assist on organizing, facilitation of child safeguarding training for project staff, volunteers, beneficiaries and partners.
· Facilitate translation of material, editing and follow up of publication products.
· Develop messages for various groups of stakeholders and facilitate publication.
· Conduct risk assessment of projects mainly humanitarian responses, sectors, projects and partners in collaboration with respective contacts and focal points of the country program.
· Compile partners support documents, analyze partners risk assessment result and support on identified gap.
· Conduct proposal risk assessment, design mitigation plan and develop financial activity plan.
· Compile and develop report of hub child safeguarding activities with coordination of focal points.
· Facilitate induction/training for volunteers of humanitarian unit in particular.
· Assist sectors and projects on safe programing to ensure the program or sectore is safe.
· Follow up budget record of accomplishment with award and finance units to ensure budget is properly utilized.
· Develop local reporting structure and update the focal points contacts at each Hub level.
· Facilitate and compile mapping of service provides at all hub to ensure reported cases are referred to relevant stakeholders.
· Facilitate children participation for the development of child safeguarding code of conduct and input for the review of policy.
· Organize learning forum on child safeguarding practices at different level.
· Participate in kick of meeting and related forums as demand.
· Assist the unit on delegation period for any request by the country team as well as partners.
· Follow up the administrative issues of the unit in relation to agreement, procurement, travel etc.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
· Minimum of Bachelor Degree in social sciences and 5(five) years proven related experience.
· Experience on assisting on development of local procedure, manual, guidance on child safeguarding.
· Experience on facilitation and coordination of training and workshop.
· Experience in conducting assessment, monitoring and report writing.
· Practical experience on child participation, case management and case study of beneficiary children.
· Experience on effective budget management and report writing.
· Strong computer skills, including the use of email, internet and applic
ations for design and publication.
· Fluency in written and spoken English.
· Qualified female candidates are highly encouraged to apply
· Experience on child safeguarding policy orientation and standard practices.
· Experience on social work or child protection.
How to Apply
Interested applicants who meet the MINIMUM requirements should send the following through [email protected] on or before August 22, 2018.
A CV (not more than 3 pages)
A cover letter (not more than one page)
A one-page table summarizing your educational background, work experience, technical skills and competencies to facilitate the screening process. Refer the vacancy announcement while doing this.
Please DO NOT SUBMIT copies of transcripts, academic degrees or recommendation letters with the application. You will provide them upon request.
PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU STATE THE CODE OF THE VACANCY ON THE SUBJECT OF YOUR EMAIL.
Save the Children is committed to ensuring that all our personnel and programmes are absolutely safe for children. We undertake rigorous procedures during the recruitment process including background checks to ensure that only people suitable to work with children are allowed to join our organisation and all candidates will therefore be subject to this scrutiny.
In the selection of its staff, Save the Children is committed to gender balance and diversity without distinction as to race, sex or religion, and without discrimination of persons with disabilities.
Note: All travel costs should be covered by the applicant if invited for written exam or interview.