Save The Children Jobs Vacancies 2018 for Cmam Officer – Jobs in Ethiopia
Save The Children Jobs Vacancy, Save The Children Recruitment, Save The Children Jobs Opportunities… Jobs details below…
Save The Children Jobs Vacancies 2018
Save the Children is an exciting and dynamic organization that follows a holistic approach to achieve more for children and use its resources in an efficient and sustainable way. In every programming we aim to achieve results at scale, build partnership to influence others and increase our impact; look for innovate solutions to the problems children faces, campaign for better practice and ensure that Children’s voices are heard.
Save the Children is an organization for talented people with different backgrounds and perspectives. We are proud that our people are representative of the children we work with and we thrive on our diversity. We are an equal opportunity organization dedicated to our core values of Accountability, Ambition, Collaboration, Creativity and Integrity. Our culture is embedded in these values, along with a strong commitment to our Child Safeguarding Protocol, ensuring that all representatives of Save the Children demonstrate the highest standards of behaviour towards children both in their private and professional lives.
Save the Children offers sound employment conditions with opportunities for personal growth and development. If you are interested to work in an organization that is determined to achieve dramatic change for the most vulnerable children, we encourage you to look through the job profile below.
|Job Title||CMAM Officer|
|Place of Work||Sekota|
|Monthly Salary in ETB||As per the organization Scale|
|No. of Positions||01 (One)|
|Reports to||Project Manager-INSPIRE|
|Length of Contract||up to 30-June-2022|
Under the overall coordination, close technical and managerial supervision of the IMNCH/GAC Project Manager and Nutrition coordinator, the job holder will ensure high quality CMAM implementation within the project. The post holder is expected to provide proper and quality care to all beneficiaries, respecting national protocols, sphere standards and principles of good practice.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Mobilizer the community, ensure engagement of community leaders / their designates for the organisation of the arrivals outside of the centre
- Plan and organise OTP/SFP at designated distribution sites in liaison with nutrition coordinator
- Complete order forms for the logistics team of material, medicine and food requirements for each site for the week in advance
- Work with MoH staff and officials to ensure all aspects of the programme are understood and agreed by MoH and appropriate referrals take place to and from MoH and the OTP/SFP
- Working with the IYCF Counsellor, ensure CMAM beneficiaries are referred to IYCF services when required
- Ensure adequate triage / that new arrivals are seen as a priority
- Ensure cases not meeting admission criteria return home as early as possible and understand why their child is not admitted
- Supervise the activities of the OTP/SFP team at the distribution point
- Ensure all OTP/SFP team members are familiar with their posts
- Re-define team composition as necessary – either during distributions (to avoid bottle-necks) or after discussion during team meetings
- Work closely with the teams to ensure all children are measured correctly
- Ensure all criteria are respected and understood by the teams, including admission, discharge and transfer to and from the various components of the programme
- Ensure comprehensive health checks and treatment according to the agreed protocols
- Review the forms completed by staff to ensure completion, accuracy and coherence
- Undertake individual evaluations with the team
- Ensure adequate availability of all medical and food supplies for each distribution, input in to creation and maintenance of a monthly distribution plan and ensure stock is pre-positioned as planned with Nutrition project coordinator and logistics team
- Submit a daily tally of the OTP/SFP statistics
- Submit a weekly report of the tally of statistics for each site (one form per site per week)
- Report any progress and any problems in a timely manner
- Through liaison with the community outreach/nutrition workers, provide effective follow up of all cases – particularly:
- Ensure the prompt tracing of children who are absent from the programme
- Request specific children to be followed up as required (newly enrolled children, sick children, long stay children / children not gaining weight, children with social problems etc).
- Ensure comprehensive community outreach and mobilisation, health education and treatment. Check that all messages to carers, community groups, leaders and authorities are consistent and fully understood.
- Attend regular nutrition meetings
- Respect the dignity of the beneficiaries, carers and members of the community
- Assist in any other tasks when required
· Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
· BA/Diploma in Nursing or Public Health (Senior Clinical/Public Nurse or above).
· Minimum of two years working experience for BA and four years’ experience for Diploma holders related to CMAM implementations.
· Knowledge, training and experience in CMAM and community mobilization/BCC.
· Demonstrated skills in program planning, implementation and monitoring.
· Demonstrated skills in peer group training, Training of Trainers and development of training materials.
· Proficiency in spoken and written Amharic and English language.
· Strong computer (Microsoft skills), all and interpersonal skills.
Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment.
· Willingness to work under pressure and extra hours.
· Commitment to Save the Children values
· Qualified female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
Interested applicants who meet the MINIMUM requirements should send the following through [email protected] before September 09,2018
- A CV (not more than 3 pages)
- A cover letter (not more than one page)
- A one-page table summarizing your educational background, work experience, technical skills and competencies to facilitate the screening process. Refer the vacancy announcement while doing this
Please DO NOT SUBMIT copies of transcripts, academic degrees or recommendation letters with the application. You will provide them upon request. PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU STATE THE CODE OF THE VACANCY ON THE SUBJECT OF YOUR EMAIL. Save the Children is committed to ensuring that all our personnel and programmes are absolutely safe for children. We undertake rigorous procedures during the recruitment process including background checks to ensure that only people suitable to work with children are allowed to join our organisation and all candidates will therefore be subject to this scrutiny. In the selection of its staff, Save the Children is committed to gender balance and diversity without distinction as to race, sex or religion, and without discrimination of persons with disabilities. Note: All travel costs should be covered by the applicant if invited for written exam or interview.