Save The Children Jobs Vacancies 2018 for Financial Accountant – Jobs in Ethiopia
Save The Children Jobs Vacancy, Save The Children Recruitment, Save The Children Jobs Opportunities… Jobs details below…
Save The Children Jobs Vacancies 2018
Save the Children is an exciting and dynamic organization that follows a holistic approach to achieve more for children and use its resources in an efficient and sustainable way. In every programming we aim to achieve results at scale, build partnership to influence others and increase our impact; look for innovate solutions to the problems children faces, campaign for better practice and ensure that Children’s voices are heard.
Save the Children is an organization for talented people with different backgrounds and perspectives. We are proud that our people are representative of the children we work with and we thrive on our diversity. We are an equal opportunity organization dedicated to our core values of Accountability, Ambition, Collaboration, Creativity and Integrity. Our culture is embedded in these values, along with a strong commitment to our Child Safeguarding Protocol, ensuring that all representatives of Save the Children demonstrate the highest standards of behaviour towards children both in their private and professional lives.
Save the Children offers sound employment conditions with opportunities for personal growth and development. If you are interested to work in an organization that is determined to achieve dramatic change for the most vulnerable children, we encourage you to look through the job profile below.
|Job Title||Financial Accountant|
|Place of Work||Konso|
|Monthly Salary in ETB||As per the organization Scale|
|No. of Positions||1(one)|
|Length of Contract||Up to February 28, 2019.|
The purpose of the Finance Accountant is to maintain proper records in compliance with financial policies and procedures of Save the Children International. The position holder prepares accurate and timely financial summaries and reports and control bank account balances and cash holding to optimal balance. S/he is responsible to review the accounting records, transactions, Employee Benefit Package, & Government taxation
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
· Reviews, verifies and ensures that financial documents are in accordance with Save the Children International financial policies and procedures for payment.
· Prepare the necessary accounting/adjustment journal entries when required;
· Provide necessary inputs for cash forecast consolidation and budge planning to be reviewed and consolidated by Senior Finance Coordinator for CO submission.
· Ensure that all taxes collected from Filed Offices staff, and vendors are summarized & paid to the tax authority monthly; within the time frame set by the authority.
· Reconcile payroll register manual versus Agresso record every month.
· Make sure all collections deposited into bank and all deposits booked into system are cleared before the month close.
· Ensure Program and Staff advances are regularly monitored and maintained at minimum level.
· Make GLACOSE upload after detailed review of financial documents and post daily basis.
· Prepare adjusting entries for reclassification of transaction from one SOF to another or correction of wrong account lines and DEAs.
· Ensure Complete Financial documents are submitted to Addis Ababa Archive on or before, 15th of the following month after Hard Close
MINIMUM QUALFICATION, EXPEREINCE, COMPETENCIES
· BA degree in accounting or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Minimum 4 years of relevant experience.
- Excellent proven knowledge in MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Familiarity in using Accounting Software’s: Agresso system is preferable.
- Experience in staff management is desirable.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITY
- Strong accounting and analytical skill
· Willingness and ability to dramatically change work practices, flexibility in working long hours and ability to work with incoming surge teams;
· Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills;
· Fluency in written and spoken English;
· Commitment to Save the Children values
· Teams, in the event of emergencies)
· Qualified female candidates are highly encouraged to apply
How to Apply
Interested applicants who meet the MINIMUM requirements should send the following through [email protected] on or before September 13, 2018
- A CV (not more than 3 pages)
- A cover letter (not more than one page)
- A one-page table summarizing your educational background, work experience, technical skills and competencies to facilitate the screening process. Refer the vacancy announcement while doing this.
Please DO NOT SUBMIT copies of transcripts, academic degrees or recommendation letters with the application. You will provide them upon request. PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU STATE THE CODE OF THE VACANCY ON THE SUBJECT OF YOUR EMAIL. Save the Children is committed to ensuring that all our personnel and programmes are absolutely safe for children. We undertake rigorous procedures during the recruitment process including background checks to ensure that only people suitable to work with children are allowed to join our organisation and all candidates will therefore be subject to this scrutiny In the selection of its staff, Save the Children is committed to gender balance and diversity without distinction as to race, sex or religion, and without discrimination of persons with disabilities. Note: All travel costs should be covered by the applicant if invited for written exam or interview.