Save The Children Jobs Vacancies 2018 for Mobile Health and Nutrition Nurse – Jobs in Ethiopia
Save The Children Jobs Vacancy, Save The Children Recruitment, Save The Children Jobs Opportunities… Jobs details below…
Save The Children Jobs Vacancies 2018
Save the Children is an exciting and dynamic organization that follows a holistic approach to achieve more for children and use its resources in an efficient and sustainable way. In every programming we aim to achieve results at scale, build partnership to influence others and increase our impact; look for innovate solutions to the problems children faces, campaign for better practice and ensure that Children’s voices are heard.
Save the Children is an organization for talented people with different backgrounds and perspectives. We are proud that our people are representative of the children we work with and we thrive on our diversity. We are an equal opportunity organization dedicated to our core values of Accountability, Ambition, Collaboration, Creativity and Integrity. Our culture is embedded in these values, along with a strong commitment to our Child Safeguarding Protocol, ensuring that all representatives of Save the Children demonstrate the highest standards of behavior towards children both in their private and professional lives.
Save the Children offers sound employment conditions with opportunities for personal growth and development. If you are interested to work in an organization that is determined to achieve dramatic change for the most vulnerable children, we encourage you to look through the job profile below.
|Job Title||Mobile Health and Nutrition Nurse|
|Early initiation to Save lives through integrated Nutrition andWash Response & Emergency Mobile Health & Nutrition Services|
Place of Work
|Fer-Fer & Kalafo|
|Mobile Health and Nutrition Officer|
Monthly Salary in ETB
|As per the Organization’s scale|
No. of Positions
Length of Contract
The position holder shall be in charge of technical quality implementation and delivery of the mobile health and Nutrition services in the assigned Woreda. S/He will mainly be responsible for the daily implementation of the screening, OTP, consultation, outreach EPI, health education, sanitation, safe motherhood and child health as per the guideline of Somali RHB mobile health and Nutrition teams. In addition, the position holder is also expected to provide supervision, technical assistance and capacity building to health extension workers and Health workers in health facilities. She/he will be responsible for the daily implementation of mobile health and Nutrition services package as per the standard, supporting health facilities assigned as integrated mobile health & Nutrition modality and daily dispensary and drug supply management. He will also be responsible for day to day documentation of screened children and mothers, children admitted to OTP, children and adults treated, people provided for health education, vaccinated children and all provided services accordingly and compile weekly and monthly reports and share with Woreda projects officers and Woreda health offices.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
· Improving basic preventive health care at community level with emphasis health, immunization, health and nutrition services
· Conduct & undertake PHC like consultation & provide proper treatment based on the protocol
· Strengthening of linkages and coordination mechanisms between community and the Woreda health bureaus
· Strengthening of early referrals mechanism
· Plan and implement project outlined in the protocol for OTP and SC to achieve objectives of the project.
· The health and nutrition nurse will help facilitate admission of the patient at the OTP, and SC.
· Train and support the HEWs in severe acute malnutrition case management and follow-up (e.g., referral to SC) according to national guidelines.
· Train and support community-based volunteer health workers for the implementation of the community component of the project.
· Ensure each and every admitted child receives adequate and quality clinical and nutritional care through existing resources.
· Ensure at all times adequately equipped and supplied with the necessary nutritional and clinical requirements – Plumpy’nut, Vitamin A, routine drugs, nutritional equipment’s, nutritional/medical stationeries, etc.
· Assisting the planning and promotion of awareness creation on nutrition and preventative health care issues in the community.
· BSc degree or College Diploma in Nursing with valid registration/practicing license.
· At least two years post qualification experience in the field out of which one year NGO experience in the field
- Experienced in nutrition and health program implementation –data collection and compilation, working with counterpart for lasting intervention, training of health workers, etc.
- Good written and spoken ability of the local language
- Extremely flexible, able to work independently, and have the ability to cope with stressful situations and frustrations.
- Interest in and ability to work in team.
- Good organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability and willingness to work in remote and potentially insecure environments.
- Qualified female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
Interested applicants who meet the MINIMUM requirements should send the following through Kamil.Bashir@savethechildren.org on or before September 13, 2018
- A CV (not more than 3 pages)
- A cover letter (not more than one page)
- A one-page table summarizing your educational background, work experience, technical skills and competencies to facilitate the screening process. Refer the vacancy announcement while doing this.
Please DO NOT SUBMIT copies of transcripts, academic degrees or recommendation letters with the application. You will provide them upon request. PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU STATE THE CODE OF THE VACANCY ON THE SUBJECT OF YOUR EMAIL. Save the Children is committed to ensuring that all our personnel and programmes are absolutely safe for children. We undertake rigorous procedures during the recruitment process including background checks to ensure that only people suitable to work with children are allowed to join our organisation and all candidates will therefore be subject to this scrutiny In the selection of its staff, Save the Children is committed to gender balance and diversity without distinction as to race, sex or religion, and without discrimination of persons with disabilities. Note: All travel costs should be covered by the applicant if invited for written exam or interview.