Save The Children Jobs Vacancies 2018 for Wash Officer – Jobs in Ethiopia
Save The Children Jobs Vacancy, Save The Children Recruitment, Save The Children Jobs Opportunities… Jobs details below…
Save The Children Jobs Vacancies 2018
Save the Children is an exciting and dynamic organization that follows a holistic approach to achieve more for children and use its resources in an efficient and sustainable way. In every programming we aim to achieve results at scale, build partnership to influence others and increase our impact; look for innovate solutions to the problems children faces, campaign for better practice and ensure that Children’s voices are heard.
Save the Children is an organization for talented people with different backgrounds and perspectives. We are proud that our people are representative of the children we work with and we thrive on our diversity. We are an equal opportunity organization dedicated to our core values of Accountability, Ambition, Collaboration, Creativity and Integrity. Our culture is embedded in these values, along with a strong commitment to our Child Safeguarding Protocol, ensuring that all representatives of Save the Children demonstrate the highest standards of behaviour towards children both in their private and professional lives.
Save the Children offers sound employment conditions with opportunities for personal growth and development. If you are interested to work in an organization that is determined to achieve dramatic change for the most vulnerable children, we encourage you to look through the job profile below.
|Job Title||WASH Officer|
|Place of Work||Bokolmanyo /Dollo bay|
|Program/Unit||Health & Nutrition|
|Monthly Salary in ETB||As per the organization scale|
|No. of Position||1|
|Length of contract||5 months|
To support SCI Emergency Health and WASH Response Project activities in target Woreda of Dollo through implementation, supervision and monitoring of project implementation in the target intervention schools.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Identify potential permanent water sources suitable for school pipeline connections.
- Identification of appropriate maintenance mechanisms and sustainability of the rehabilitated classrooms, latrines, school hand washing facilities.
- Identification of key hygiene practices (gender sensitive) to be addressed and sectors of the population with whom to engage and define an appropriate communications strategy to promote safe practices.
- Ensure technical and programmatic quality of the project
- Participate in coordination meetings and share information with external stakeholders as appropriate.
- Plan to monitor activities, outputs and impact and recommend adaptations to the programme as needed
- Provide regular update and monthly narrative reports reflecting lessons learned
- Work together with other health & nutrition team members to ensure that the various aspects of the school WASH responses are integrated, and that they form part of a coherent public health response.
- Closely work with WASH teams to ensure that activities are completed within the specified timeframe and to acceptable level of technical and programme quality
- Ensure that all activities are in line with relevant standards, codes of conduct, and humanitarian principles
- Use participatory approaches as a far as possible throughout the programme cycle
- Ensure that all activities and resources are implemented and handed over or ended in a way that promotes local capacities and sustainable operations
- Ensure all activities are carried out in accordance with local government procedures (e.g. site selection) and do not duplicate or interfere with activities proposed or carried out by other partner
- Ensuring quality and integrity of implementation, including adherence to technical guidelines, administrative systems, and established deadlines
- Evaluating the relevance and appropriateness of current and future programming in relation to water, sanitation and hygiene promotion in the local context
- Supervise and monitor implementation of construction and related activities; roof water harvesting; ensure high quality control to attain a high standard product and value for money as per SCI and National standards.
- Ensure active participation and involvement of Woreda education office, Woreda water office, local government and community structures and beneficiaries in planning, implementation, supervision, monitoring and evaluation of construction activities.
- In collaboration with local government and community leaders, identify local skilled and unskilled labor, follow SCI established procedures for their engagement, manage and supervise them, keep track of attendance and work log sheet, prepare and ensure timely payment for their labor.
- Ensure timely procurement of construction materials, manage and be accountable for construction materials on construction sites in collaboration with community leaders, woreda water office and woreda.
- The WASH Officer ensures that water, sanitation, and hygiene project, programs, and awareness are implemented effectively, professionally, and in accordance with the culture and practices of the local population.
- Any other relevant duties as may be assigned by the project manager or coordinator
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- BSc in Public Health Engineering (Water & Sanitation) or similar discipline
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in implementation of WASH projects according to internal and national guidelines, agreements and international standards
- Knowledge and experience of working with rural communities & local government authorities in pastoralist communities
- Understanding of the principles behind and experience in the implementation of WASH programs, School Led Total Sanitations.
- Qualified female candidates are highly encouraged to apply
- Knowledge of local language is an asset
How to Apply
Interested applicants who meet the MINIMUM requirements should send the following through Iman.Farah@savethechildren.org before or on September 7, 2018. For hard copy applicants you can forward your application through Save the Children, Dollo field office.
a. A CV (not more than 3 pages)
b. A cover letter (not more than one page)
c. A one-page table summarizing your educational background, work experience, technical skills and competencies to facilitate the screening process. Refer the vacancy announcement while doing this
Please DO NOT SUBMIT copies of transcripts, academic degrees or recommendation letters with the application. You will provide them upon request.
PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU STATE THE CODE OF THE VACANCY ON THE SUBJECT OF YOUR EMAIL.
Save the Children is committed to ensuring that all our personnel and programmes are absolutely safe for children. We undertake rigorous procedures during the recruitment process including background checks to ensure that only people suitable to work with children are allowed to join our organisation and all candidates will therefore be subject to this scrutiny.
In the selection of its staff, Save the Children is committed to gender balance and diversity without distinction as to race, sex or religion, and without discrimination of persons with disabilities.
Note: All travel costs should be covered by the applicant if invited for written exam or interview.