Save The Children Jobs Vacancies 2018 – Mhn Mid-Wife
Save The Children Jobs Vacancy, Save The Children Recruitment, Save The Children Jobs Opportunities… Jobs details below…
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for the Save The Children Jobs Vacancies 2018. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Internal & External Vacancy Announcement
Save the Children is an exciting and dynamic organization that follows a holistic approach to achieve more for children and use its resources in an efficient and sustainable way. In every programming we aim to achieve results at scale, build partnership to influence others and increase our impact; look for innovate solutions to the problems children faces, campaign for better practice and ensure that Children’s voices are heard.
Save the Children is an organization for talented people with different backgrounds and perspectives. We are proud that our people are representative of the children we work with and we thrive on our diversity. We are an equal opportunity organization dedicated to our core values of Accountability, Ambition, Collaboration, Creativity and Integrity. Our culture is embedded in these values, along with a strong commitment to our Child Safeguarding Protocol, ensuring that all representatives of Save the Children demonstrate the highest standards of behavior towards children both in their private and professional lives.
Save the Children offers sound employment conditions with opportunities for personal growth and development. If you are interested to work in an organization that is determined to achieve dramatic change for the most vulnerable children, we encourage you to look through the job profile below.
|Job Title||WASH Officer|
|Place of Work||Amaro|
|Program/Unit||IHN & WASH|
|Monthly Salary in ETB||As per the scale of the organization|
|No. of Positions||01|
|Length of Contract||Six Months|
Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organization for children. Our vision is a world in which every child attains the right to survival, protection, development and participation. Our mission is to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
Save the Children WASH strategy specifically acknowledges the need for strengthening the areas of a) integrated approaches, b) supply clean water, sanitation and hygiene promotion and c) WASH in School and health facilities. The WASH team is currently expanding to addressing these issues in a systematic and pro-active manner, working with other teams within Save the Children.
This position is thereby focused on WASH roles in Segen zone to achieve consistent delivery of integrated, evidence based interventions in development settings. This role is an opportunity to further develop a career in WASH in humanitarian and development contexts.
The WASH officer will assist with the design, development and implementation of the WASH activities. The position holder will be specifically focused to address water and sanitation needs in the Segen community to assist in WASH program development, design, planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the WASH activities. The positions involve training and monitoring of school health clubs, community/sanitation agents, Health Extension Workers (HEWs), HDAs and WASH committee members with frequent trips to the project sites and organize hygiene promotion campaign to the communities on key hygiene messages. As part of the assignment the position holder is expected to identify, design and develop materials/manuals on appropriate hygiene promotion and community sanitation; conduct base line survey and need assessment concerning sanitation and hygiene practice and outbreaks. S/he is expected to liaise with communities, local authorities and other agencies regularly to ensure coordination and effective implementation activities and participate on meeting regarding hygiene promotion/ sanitation; collect data and statistics concerning issues that relates with water & sanitation and prepare and submit on weekly/monthly basis.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
a) Specific tasks:
· Oversee and manage the Water Sanitation and Hygiene Project in Segen Zone
· Implement WASH in school and health facilities in Segen Zone
· Coordinate and mobilize community user groups, including formation of effective household based sanitation committees and water user management committees.
· Establish or revitalize Woreda WASH coordinating Committees and community WASH Committee members for each of the WATSAN schemes management and sustainability
· Using the behavior change strategy in WASH, mobilize the community around the promotion of key WASH messages;
· Mobilize schools, different art clubs, key stakeholders and community leaders on WASH promotion and for a better implementation;
· Educate community groups to promote and implement house hold latrines to address 100% coverage in the target community.
· Organize meetings & communication activities such as workshops, focus groups seminars, and review meetings with HDAs, HEWs, volunteers, mothers and local community groups;
· Support on-going monitoring of capacity building and effectiveness of mobilized community interventions; ensure functionality of constructed WASH facilities are in use by communities
· Adapting and developing appropriate training manuals for community volunteers, conduct orientation trainings to HEWs and HDAs.
· Develop and disseminate experience-based learning on community mobilization specific to WASH program in his/her respective regions
· Together with the WASH team members and District Health Officers conduct an assessment of community structures, local service providers, peer educators and social mobilizers who can assist the incumbent to implement wide ranging community mobilization activities in software components of WASH program
· Develop and disseminate experience-based learning on community mobilization specific to WASH programs for SAPZ partners;
· Conduct an assessment of community structures, local service providers, peer educators and social mobilizes who can assist the incumbent to implement wide ranging community mobilization activities in WASH interventions;
· Coordinate with field office manager and health and nutrition coordinator to ensure consistent community mobilization in the target districts;
· Organize community groups, generate community resources and educate them on sustainable community involvement in the sanitation promotion interventions, particularly, house-hold latrines construction.
· Develop activity plan for WASH committee and HDAs regarding sanitation and hygiene
· Prepare and submit routine project activity reports, document lessons learned and success stories.
· Demonstrate effective team building and communication skills to maintain harmony and work efficiency in the unit;
· Work closely with team members, HEWs and HDAs to deliver the key sanitation and hygiene messages and monitor the results
· Work on feasible strategies to effectively reach households, plan and ensure implementation of house hold latrines construction with HEWs and HDAs
· Work closely with MEAL coordinator for close monitoring of WASH implementation
· Liaise with communities, local authorities and other agencies regularly to ensure coordination and effective implementation of activities.
· Monitoring and evaluation the overall sanitation and hygiene activities in his/her respective regions
· Collect data and statistics concerning cases, morbidity and mortality of diseases related to water and sanitation.
· Carry on Recording, Documentation and Reporting of Attainments and Encounters on daily, monthly, quarterly bases as needed
b) Other KPIs:
· Providing orientations on Child Safeguarding for HDAs, communities and project beneficiaries;
· Ensure for timely reporting of any suspected/concerns on fraud and child safeguarding issues;
· Ensure for timely reporting of the security situations in program implementation area;
· Ensure child participation in project monitoring and evaluation through invitation for meetings, joint supervision, workshops etc;
· Ensure for complaint are appropriately received and responded timely;
· Ensure for consistent reporting of any humanitarian situations in project implementation area;
· On monthly basis produce community mobilization report and summit to line/project managers;
· Monthly basis produce activities conducted on child safeguarding and report to line/project managers;
· Monthly basis produces humanitarian situation report and submit line/project managers;
· Monthly basis produce complaints received and managed and report to line/project managers;
· Prepare and submit regular activities achieved on child participation in project implementation, monitoring and evaluation and report to line manager’s/project manager;
· Prepare and submit feedback reports submitted to partners;
· Produce case stories on monthly basis and share to line managers;
MINIMUM QUALFICATION AND EXPEREINCE
· Bachelor Degree in Social Sciences/Water Engineering/Public Health/Nursing/Sanitary science/Communications with
· 2 years of relevant work experience in an NGO environment
· Relevant professional background in water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH)
· Good understanding of the linkages between WASH, public health, and development
· General knowledge of international/intergovernmental institutions, and a solid interest in humanitarian
· response and development
· Community mobilization and development, familiar with participatory approach
· Technical background and knowledge in environmental health and demonstrated work experience in designing & implementing sanitation and hygiene promotion programs and events
· Knowledge, training and experience in Community lead Total Sanitation (CLTS) and community mobilization, /BCC/IEC materials preparation
· Knowledge, training and experience in WASH and community mobilization/SBCC program implementation
· Knowledge on and experience working through HDA structure and with communities
· Demonstrated skills in program planning, implementation and monitoring.
· Demonstrated skills in peer group training, Training of Trainers and development of training materials.
· Proficiency in spoken and written Amharic and English.
· Strong computer and interpersonal skills.
· Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment.
· Knowledge of the local language of the duty station advantageous
· Qualified female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants who meet the MINIMUM requirements should send the following through [email protected] before or on August 02, 2018.
- A CV (not more than 3 pages)
- A cover letter (not more than one page)
- A one-page table summarizing your educational background, work experience, technical skills and competencies to facilitate the screening process. Refer the vacancy announcement while doing this.
Please DO NOT SUBMIT copies of transcripts, academic degrees or recommendation letters with the application. You should provide them upon request otherwise your application will reject.
PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU STATE THE CODE OF THE VACANCY ON THE SUBJECT OF YOUR EMAIL ensuring that the job title is clearly stated in the cover letter.
Save the Children is committed to ensuring that all our personnel and programmes are absolutely safe for children. We undertake rigorous procedures during the recruitment process including background checks to ensure that only people suitable to work with children are allowed to join our organisation and all candidates will therefore be subject to this scrutiny.
In the selection of its staff, Save the Children is committed to gender balance and diversity without distinction as to race, sex or religion, and without discrimination of persons with disabilities.
Note: All travel costs should be covered by the applicants, if invited for written exam or interview.
Aug 2, 2018