Save the Children US Job Vacancy 2019 for Senior Technical Advisor, Monitoring and Evaluation
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Applicants for the Save the Children US Job Vacancy 2019. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Save the Children US Job Vacancy 2019
Save the Children is seeking a Monitoring and Evaluation Senior Technical Advisor for an anticipated five-year USAID/PEPFAR-funded PREVENTION – EMPOWER program in Malawi. The program will aim to a) expand the use of high quality, integrated, sexual and reproductive health (SRH) and HIV prevention services by adolescent girls and young women (AGYW) aged 10 to 24; and, b) increase case-finding of undiagnosed HIV-positive individuals in four districts, through targeted outreach testing with robust linkages to ART. HIV case-finding will focus on adult men and young people aged 15-24, who constitute the majority of undiagnosed HIV-positive persons in Malawi.
The Senior Technical Advisor will lead M&E efforts for DREAMS AGYW services and HIV case finding implementation and develop monitoring, evaluation and reporting (MER) systems that include appropriate indicators, baseline data, targets and a plan to evaluate performance and produce timely, accurate and complete reporting. S/he will also design and execute qualitative research to obtain client feedback on barriers and facilitating factors to use of program services. S/he will provide advice, guidance, and coordination to SC and partners in the implementation and strengthening of M&E systems for EMPOWER’s program activities in Malawi. The M&E Senior Technical Advisor will be responsible for reporting on progress toward achieving the project targets, translating strategic information into improved programming and delivery of services, providing accountability for use of resources, and supporting internal and external capacity for using M&E in combating HIV in Malawi.
This position is contingent upon donor approval and funding.
What You’ll Be Doing (Essential Duties)
- Provide leadership, training and mentoring to develop M&E Plans, M&E tools, survey design, methodology, and data analysis to assess program impact;
- Develop systems for capturing and documenting data and relevant information on project activities, beneficiaries, outputs, outcomes, and impact;
- Design methodology and coordinate research activities for project operations and assessments;
- Effectively rollout M&E collection and reporting systems to all staff and partners through training, site visits, manuals, and other technical support as needed;
- Ensure programming is aligned to targets and indicators contained in project proposal, and use the information from the M&E systems and tools to improve the program effectiveness;
- Ensuring that PEPFAR data and indicators meet benchmark data quality standards;
- Building capacity of local partners to meet PEPFAR monitoring and reporting requirements;
- Support all project reviews and evaluation activities, including coordinating mid-term and final evaluations, and supporting donor and external reviews;
- Provide on-going support to maintain M&E systems; identify skill gaps and build capacity among project team;
- Contributing analysis and synthesis, report development of data into summary reports, and dissemination of findings, outcomes, and results of program activities and public health evaluations;
- Prepare high quality, accurate and timely reports for Save the Children, project partners and donors as required.
- A Master’s Degree or higher in Public Health, Social Sciences, or other relevant discipline;
- Minimum 7 years working on monitoring and evaluation in the public health and HIV fields;
- Demonstrated expertise in designing rigorous quantitative and qualitative data collection systems and knowledge of methods for data analysis;
- Knowledge of M&E issues and indicator development for HIV prevention and service delivery strengthening related to HIV/AIDS;
- Familiarity with PEPFAR indicators and reporting requirements.
- Hands-on practical experience setting up and managing MER systems for health programs in developing countries, and the ability to coach and train others in their use;
- Strong analytical skills and an understanding of monitoring, evaluation and assessment tools to promote evidence-based learning; and demonstrated ability to obtain, analyze, organize and interpret data;
- Experience in knowledge management and dissemination of research findings;
- Ability to gain support from staff across teams and to build the capacity of others;
- Sound strategic thinking and planning skills, including ability to think creatively and innovate and to set priorities, manageable work plans and evaluate progress;
- Excellent report writing, analytical and oral presentation skills in English.
Save the Children believes every child deserves a future. In the United States and around the world, we give children a healthy start in life, the opportunity to learn and protection from harm. We do whatever it takes for children – every day and in times of crisis – transforming their lives and the future we share.
Save the Children is committed to conducting its programs and operations in a manner that is safe for the children it serves and helping protect the children with whom Save the Children is in contact. All Save the Children representatives are explicitly prohibited from engaging in any activity that may result in any kind of child abuse. In addition, it is Save the Children’s policy to create and proactively maintain an environment that aims to prevent and deter any actions and omissions, whether deliberate or inadvertent, that place children at the risk of any kind of child abuse. All our representatives are expected to conduct themselves in a manner consistent with this commitment and obligation. Any violations of this policy will be treated as a serious issue.
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, ancestry, sexual orientation, national origin, age, handicap, disability, marital status, or status as a veteran. Save the Children complies with all applicable laws.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.com.