SeletHulling Plc Jobs Vacancies 2018 for Operations Supervisor
SeletHulling Plc Jobs Vacancy, SeletHulling Plc Recruitment, SeletHulling Plc Jobs Opportunities… Jobs details below…
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for the SeletHulling Plc Jobs Vacancies 2018. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
SeletHulling Plc Jobs Vacancies 2018
The Operations Supervisor oversees the origin component of the physical flow of green coffee beans in Trabocca’s supply chain. This
includes the management of a variety of tasks, from sample management, through milling, container loading, and accurate and
timely communication of information to Trabocca’s teams in Europe and the United States. The Operations Supervisor supervises an
existing office staff of sampling agents and administrative staff; and works in tandem with our General Manager. Operations
Supervisor gives structure to the current operations team and its processes. The operations supervisor continuously improves IT and
office processes within the local office, with a primary goal of working collaboratively to deliver coffee on time, in spec, and
efficiently. This is a diverse dynamic role for a highly motivated and talented individual.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Engages and empowers operational team in Ethiopia to set individual and collaborative goals, provide constructive
- feedback, and delegate responsibilities in an efficient manner. Fosters a team-oriented operations mentality and provides
the tools necessary for success.
- Works collaboratively with Trabocca Logistics personnel in Europe and the United States to develop best practices in information sharing
- Works collaboratively with Trabocca Trade and Logistics colleagues to develop and execute prioritized action plans
- Engages in opportunities to digitize the local workload
- Utilizes reporting tools to proactively review open purchase contracts that are not allocated, approved, or shipped.
- Proactively follows up with vendors or Trabocca staff to determine what is required to proceed on time
- Actively communicates with vendors about the status of approved lots: processing timeline, availability of pre-shipment
samples, tentative shipping schedules, etc.
- Actively communicates status updates to Trabocca Logistics and Trade teams globally on a regular basis, contributing to the
development of reports and tools necessary for efficient updates covering sample, processing, and document status.
- Supervises and delegates sample drawing and turn-over tasks to ensure that the lot approved is the lot shipped
- Coordinates and plans stuffing of containers with inspectors and exporters
- Ensures commercial documents are received timely for each lot
Supports vendors in issuing export documents as needed
Supports vendors with online lot certifications (RFA, NOP, FT USA, etc.) as needed
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are
- representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
- disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferably Logistics, Supply Chain and Operations)
- 3-5+ years of experience within an operations-, logistics-/supply chain- or international shipping environment
- Cross-cultural study and/or work experience
- Experience with international business relations, with management experience a plus
Knowledge and Skills
- Export expertise
- Mandatory computer literacy in MS Office (specifically Outlook and Excel); Knowledge of ERP systems and online databases
is a plus
- Superb written and verbal communication skills in English and Amharic
- Helicopter view – being able to see the big picture, the operational implications and set priorities accordingly
- Basic understanding of coffee trade practices
- Communicator – direct, open, and consistent communication is paramount to success
- Hands-on mentality – Solution oriented, persistent in getting things done, ability to make both fast and thorough decisions
- Stress resistant – willingness to perform under pressure and comfortable with growing business dynamics and seasonal
- Strong character – Relentingly protecting Trabocca’s interest in dealing with suppliers and other stakeholders
- Detail oriented – precise, consistent, and accurate in executing daily tasks and communications
- Team player – collaboration with colleagues, vendors, and service providers
- This is primarily an office-based position focused on communicating to global teams and vendors, while collaborating with local
colleagues. Occasional regional travel will be required to solve logistical problems, participate in vendor or partner meetings and
reviews, or to work on special projects. International travel may be required approximately 1-2 times per year to visit our
Amsterdam headquarters for team meetings and training sessions.
Work Environment/Physical Demands
Approximately; 85% of work is performed in office environment, 15% off-site including plants, vendor meetings, and trainings.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of
the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. An assessment on skills may be part
of the job application.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can submit their application, CVs and non- returnable photocopies of their credentials in person or send by mail within 10 working days Noon