Save The Children hereby invites applications from Ethiopia for recruitment to a Social worker Position at Save The Children. The application will close on Oct 26, 2020.
Location: Jinka, SNNPR
Save The Children advertised posts are as follows:
- Lead and facilitate best interest determination (BID) panel to guarantee best interest of the children.
- Conduct family tracing and reunification for Mingi declared and other children at risk or victims of HTP.
- Facilitate multi sectorial linkages at Woreda level to prevent, protect and respond to child protection risks.
- Identify, register and refer abused and exploited children for child protection services.
- Work as a case manager or case management focal person at Woreda level.
- Promote and improve quality service delivery to fulfil children’s right based on SCI vision, mission and values.
- Lead and facilitate psychosocial support for children at risk or victims of HTP and their families.
- Facilitate placement of children in foster or kinship care arrangements and regularly follow up situations of children,
- Facilitate and lead the economic empowerment of families and their children.
- Assists CP Project Officer in overseeing implementation of CP projects.
- Support and assist CP Project Officer in establish/strengthen community based child protection mechanisms to prevent and protect children.
- Identifies community based child protection mechanisms capacity gaps and participates in building their capacity.
- Facilitate and lead community awareness raising and sensitization programs to promote positive values of the society towards children.
- Facilitate and provide trainings, workshops for community members, and other stakeholders.
- Assist the CP Project Coordinator in establishing/strengthening referral linkages.
- Work closely with Hamer/Dassenech/Nyangatom Woreda relevant government offices and community based child protection structures to provide psychosocial support for children.
- Assists the CP Project Officer in preparation and compilation of monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual reports and for other SCI and donor compliances and requirements.
- Document best practices of the project activities and share with relevant agencies.
- Performs other related activities as assigned by his immediate supervisor.
MINIMUM QUALFICATION AND EXPEREINCE
- Diploma or degree in the field Sociology, Social Work, Psychology, or relevant Social Sciences, Community development, Psychiatric Nurse or equivalent
- 2 years for Diploma & 0-1year for degree relevant experience of child protection works, an NGO environment is preferable
- Previous working experience in child rights programming and child protection
- Experience in delivering psychosocial support, reunification/reintegration, and case management.
- Computer literacy in all the Microsoft office applications, and internet literacy are required
- Experience in community based child protection mechanisms
- Good communication skills
- Fluency in English, writing and speaking
- Commitment to Save the Children values
How to Apply
Interested applicants who met the MINIMUM requirements should send the following through https://stcuk.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobsearch.ftl?lang=en before or on October 26, 2020.