Sos Children’s Villages Jobs Vacancies 2018 for Medical Doctor – Jobs in Ethiopia
Sos Children’s Villages Jobs Vacancy, Sos Children’s Villages Recruitment, Sos Children’s Villages Jobs Opportunities… Jobs details below…
Sos Children’s Villages Jobs Vacancies 2018
SOS Children’s Villages Ethiopia is a national member association to the International Federation of SOS Children’s Villages. It is non- political, not-for-profit, and non-religious social development organization focused on the wellbeing and development of children. It was founded in 1974 and has been a development partner since then with positive outcomes in the lives of many children, families and communities.
SOS Children’s Village Ethiopia Gode Program is looking for a competent and able Medical Doctor who meets the requirements stated bellow.
Under the overall supervision of the Program Director, the Medical Doctor is responsible for providing medical treatment for patients and in charge of planning, organizing and coordinating the provision of adequate health services to SOS as well as the surrounding community of Gode zone. Besides, the job incumbent is responsible to handle and manage the administrative activities of the medical center.
Priority Task and Responsibilities
1. Provides health services to all clients/patients coming to the MC;
2. Integrates the overall activity of the Medical Center (MC) towards the best MCH service.
3. Ensures the implementation of the objectives of the MC according to the plan.
4. Prepares annual plan and budget of the medical centre and submits for approval to National Office and implements the same after approval.
5. Provides advice, guidance, support and leadership to all medical centre staff and motivates them to work as a team.
6. As per approved plan and budget, see to it that the functions of MC are properly organized and equipped with the necessary equipments and personnel and medicine.
7. Holds regular meetings with MC staff to discuss activities solve problems and ensure open communication.
8. Performs regular staff performance appraisals.
9. Follow up and ensure the activities of TB, ART, Malaria and CTC according to the national guideline.
10. Organize a team for HE, public awareness and outreach activities.
11. Create experience sharing with partner governmental and NGOs.
12. Plan and design a community approach pertaining to socio-economic and prevalence of diseases.
13. Ensures that adequate health care follow up mechanism is in place for SOS families.
14. Creates a mutually benefiting network of relationship between the Medical centre, government hospital and health centre so as to ensure partnerships.
15. Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual reports and submits the same to the medical centre coordinator and the village director.
Required qualification and Competencies
• Education: Medical Doctor
• Training: on Leadership Is preferable
• Experience: 5 years out of which at least one in leading a health institute.
• Good command of (both oral as well as written) the English language.
• Demonstrate professional conduct and interpersonal communication skills with patients. Laboratory personnel, other health care professionals, and with the public.
• Good report writing and presentation skill.
• Ability to use basic computer application soft wares
• Ability to lead and work with team.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Ability to work under stressful situation.
• A desire to serve local community and live in far away localities.
• Knowledge of Somali language is essential.
How to Apply
Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration.
Qualified applicants with the mentioned criteria shall submit their applications, CV and other credentials to the following address: