Sos Children’s Villages Jobs Vacancies 2018
SOS CHILDREN’S VILLAGES ETHIOPIA IS CHANGING AND GROWING! COME JOIN OUR DYNAMIC TEAM OF PROFESSIONALS TODAY TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN THE LIVES OF CHILDREN THROUGHOUT ETHIOPIA!
SOS Children’s Villages Ethiopia is a national member association to the International Federation of SOS Children’s Villages. It is non- political, not-for-profit, and non-religious social development organization focused on the wellbeing and development of children. It was founded in 1974 and has been a development partner since then with positive outcomes in the lives of many children, families and communities.
The SOS Children’s Village Program Mekelle is looking for a competent and able Program Human Resource & Admin Manager that meets the requirements stated bellow.
The Programme HR and Admin Manager Reports directly to the Location Program Director and technically to HROD Manager at National Office. The job incumbent is responsible for efficient and satisfactory provision of all HR and administrative services in the programme Location. The job holder performs and coordinates the activities of processing the decisions of human resources recruitment, placement, transfer, promotion, performance appraisal, disciplinary measures, leave and other HR decisions. He /she motivates staff to perform effectively, build trust, facilitates the capacity building and development of employees and ensures that the organization policies, procedure and systems are effectively implemented in the program location. The position holder also administers and provides support to general services such as transport, maintenance of property, procurement of materials and services, manging security services.
Prioroty Task and Responsibilities
Planning and Organizing
- Plans and prepares budgetary requirements of human resource, procurement, maintenance of property and general services and submits to the Programme Director and/or HROD Manager.
- Develops his/her work plan independently and review with the Program Director and HROD Manager to ensure alignment with the Location and MA/HROD Department strategic plan. The incumbent is also expected to participate in the HR planning and implementation both at National office and Location level.
HR Planning, Policies Implementation
- Leads preparation and development of program location yearly HR plan and oversees its implementation.
- Participates in the budgeting process, monitors HR financial performance by coordinating with Program Finance Manager and Program Coordinators.
- Provides support for project team in preparing project budget related to HR.
Staffing, Recruitment & Selection
- Prepares and circulates vacancy announcements, assist in designating assessment tools, evaluates applications, arranges and participates in interviews and makes recommendations; prepares job offers and related documents for successful candidates.
- Processes facilitate and implement decisions of promotion, transfer, termination and other staff decisions as per the policies and procedures thereon.
- Collects references, conduct reference checks and notifies candidates about the results of the selection process.
- Facilitates and participates in co-worker on-boarding; schedules Meet and Greet with key co-workers; facilitates office arrangements and supports on boarding of new co-workers into the PL and role.
- Coordinates the placement of interns and volunteers and administers their related issues vis-à-vis the volunteer management guideline.
- Provides relevant statistical information and data on program HR activities including gender analysis and provides information to interested groups and National Office regarding employment opportunities.
- Seek go ahead from HROD department of any new hires or position changes.
- Conduct exit interviews for exiting co-workers and maintain copies in the personnel file
- Ensure that exit procedures are properly followed during co-workers’ resignation and makes sure that the organization is free from any contingent liabilities.
Compensation and Total Rewards
- Administers and provides advice to staff and location management on salary and related benefits, medical, insurance and other entitlements.
- Oversees the administration of benefits programs within the program location including the enrollment of benefits for eligible co-workers and the removal of departed ones.
- Keeps up-to-date with the latest development in employment related laws in the country; ensure that SOS Children’s Villages Ethiopia/Organization complies with all Government statutory regulations.
- Supports salary and entitlement surveys.
- Liaises with HR service suppliers and insurance company regarding co-workers’ benefits.
- Liaise with program unit coordinators on planning and utilization of annual leave by creating the proper awareness
Payroll and HR Information Management
- Completes payroll related information and ensures all information are accurate and communicated on time to Program Finance Manager.
- Verify payroll before salary payment is effected
- Manages HR database to ensure up-to-date and accurate information is reflected
- Maintains HR data compilation and reporting such as headcount, turnover, new hire and vacation.
- Ensures strict confidentiality with respect to all HR file management and correspondences.
- Keeps proper record keeping of personnel file
Co-Worker Relation and Co-Worker Services
- Monitors and manages co-worker relations issues, maintains confidential records related to grievances and complaints and coordinates their resolution; conducts investigations and seek for NO support to liaise with legal consultants to resolve cases when needed.
- Ensures transparent, fair and consistent application of disciplinary measures.
- Provides information, interpretation and advice on SOS CVE HR policy, local employment law to staff and Location management.
- Reviews and provides advice on interpretation of HR policies, regulations and rules; informs staff of their rights, responsibilities, code of conduct, sexual exploitation and harassment, anti-fraud and anti-corruption policies and difficulties associated with work and entitlements.
- Provides advice on safety and security issues to Program Location co-workers as well as other SOS CVE teams visiting programs.
Performance Appraisals, Training and Development
- Facilitates the implementation of SOS CVE performance Management system; ensures that managers are equipped with the necessary skills to conduct probationary appraisal, mid-term review, and annual appraisals and keep records of PAT.
- Makes follow-up on timely staff performance appraisal/review by program units.
- Supports the supervisors in determining training needs of their team, and assists them in determining appropriate staff development plans.
- Coordinates with the National Office HROD Team regarding co-worker training and oversees the delivery of training and development programs to build the capacity of the Program Location team; send out the annual trainer plan of the PL to HROD department for support and follow-up
- Evaluates effectiveness and impact of staff development and career support programs and recommends ways to enhance effectiveness and impact.
General Services, Logistics and Administration
- Oversee procurement procedures are adhered; acts as a member of the procurement committee and verifies logistical transactions.
- Ensures that license and other required government formalities are fulfilled on time by the PL.
- Coordinates and ensures proper recording, use and timely maintenance of the facilities, building and equipment as per the policies and procedures thereon.
- Organizes and coordinates the efficient provision of office services, transport, maintenance and other general services to program units and staff.
- Plans and prepares budgetary requirements of equipment, materials, maintenance of property and general service.
- What about vehicle management such as log sheet, fuel usage, insurance, pertinent reports
- Ensure utility services are there as appropriate and also ensures that monthly payments are done on time.
- Controls vehicles management such as log sheet, fuel usage, insurance, pertinent reports and related tasks
- Makes sure that vehicles and other movables maintained as necessary and annual inspections are done on time
- Education: BA degree in Human Resources Management, Administration, Management or other similar discipline.
- Experience: 5 years’ experience in human resources management with I/NGOs
Competencies/ Personal attributes
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and foster trust and respect.
- Self-motivated and highly organized, detail oriented
- Flexible, comfortable with deadlines and able to work well under pressure.
- Exhibit a desire to support a large number of people
- Comfortable with ambiguity; ability to analyse the situation and come up with solutions
- Ability to maintain a fair balance between seeking the interests of the staff and safeguarding the principles and integrity of the organization
- Ability to take an impartial stand on HR issues and recommend courses of action
- Strong team player
- Good facilitation skills
- Knowledge and understanding of local employment standards, occupational health & safety and human rights legislation
- Strong MS office and the ability to use technology to collaborate across a global organization
- Knowledge of principles and procedures for staff recruitment, selection, training, compensation and benefits, job design, labour relations and negotiation, and Human Resources Information Systems
- Fluency in spoken and written English
How to Apply
Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove your from consideration.
FEMALE CANDIDATES ARE HIGHLY ENCOURAGED !!!