Sos Children’s Villages Jobs Vacancy 2018 for Finance and Admin Officer (2) – Jobs in Ethiopia
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Applicants for the Sos Children’s Villages Jobs Vacancy 2018. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Sos Children’s Villages Jobs Vacancy 2018
SOS Children’s Villages Ethiopia is a national member association to the International Federation of SOS Children’s Villages. It is non- political, not-for-profit, and non-religious social development organization focused on the wellbeing and development of children. It was founded in 1974 and has been a development partner since then with positive outcomes in the lives of many children, families and communities.
The SOS Children’s Village Program Bahir Dar is looking for a competent and able for D/Markos and Woldia Project that meets the requirements stated below.
Under the general supervision of the Project Coordinator and following the SOS-CVE financial and accounting policies and procedures, the Finance & Admin Officer is responsible for the income, expenditures and property of the program assigned to, and is accounted for keeping proper and updated accounts of all financial and property transactions of the program. The job holder performs and coordinates the activities of processing the decisions, performance appraisal, disciplinary measures and leaves. He /she motivate staff to perform effectively, build trust, facilitate the capacity building and development of employees and ensure that the organization policies, procedures and systems are effectively implemented in the project. The position holder also administers and provides support to general services such as transport, maintenance of property, procurement of materials and managing of security services
General aim of the position
- In cooperation with the Project cashier organizes the accounting of the project as per the established guidelines.
- Acquaints him/herself with the financial and accounting policies and procedures of SOS-CVE.
- Together with the of the program coordinator and community development officers, prepares budget and proposal of the project.
Cooperation and Reporting Relationships
- Works closely with Cashier, National Office HROD and Finance, Reports to the Project Coordinator
Priority tasks & responsibilities:
- Work closely with the Location Finance Manager to ensure smooth operation and compliance with organization’s finance standards and deadlines.
- Maintaining accounting records, filing systems and computer files
- Prepare Bank reconciliations when required
- Handling, processing and reconciliation of petty cash, cash withdrawals and deposits
- Assist in preparing and reviewing all the supporting documents for the finance transactions to ensure full compliance with internal audit and company requirements,
- Plan, organize and manage own workload to ensure your contribution to the organizations’ monthly financial reporting process is achieved in a timely and accurate manner
- Support the year end procedure and preparation for external audit
- Processing payment and reports
- Acquaints himself/herself with the financial and accounting policies and procedures of SOS-CVE.
- Together with the program Coordinator and community development officers, prepares budget proposal of the project program for submission to Program Location.
- Administers and controls use of approved budget. Carries out budget utilization comparison periodically as per the directives thereon. Controls expenditures against budget.
- Checks appropriateness of requests for payment before passing for approval.
- Codes transaction documents and records entries in proper accounts.
- Prepares payroll and arranges timely payment of salaries.
- Prepares monthly and quarterly financial statements for submission to location finance section.
- Keeps proper record of fixed assets and property.
- Coordinates and performs inventory taking.
- Performs the activities of the balancing and closing of accounts.
- Prepares annual financial statements
- Performs other similar duties as assigned by the Project Coordinator.
- Completes payroll related information and ensures all information are accurate and communicated on time to National Office Finance Department.
- Monitors and manages co-worker relations issues, maintains confidential records related to grievances and complaints and coordinates their resolution; conducts investigations and seek for National Office support to liaise with legal consultants to resolve cases when needed
- Oversee procurement procedures are adhered; acts as a member of the procurement committee and verifies logistical transactions.
- Ensures that license and other required government formalities are fulfilled on time by the Project.
- Coordinates and ensures proper recording, use and timely maintenance of the facilities, building and equipment as per the policies and procedures thereon.
- Organizes and coordinates the efficient provision of office services, transport, maintenance and other general services.
- Plans and prepares budgetary requirements of equipment, materials, maintenance of property and general service.
- Ensure utility services are there as appropriate and also ensures that monthly payments are done on time.
- Controls vehicles management such as log sheet, fuel usage, insurance, pertinent reports and related tasks
- Together with National Office HROD ensures that vehicles and other movables maintained as necessary and annual inspections are done on time
- Processes and administers decisions of leave, and disciplinary
- Responsible for all security matters related to the wellbeing of the employees, movement of vehicles, the organizations properties and activities in the premises of the operation
- BA Degree in Accounting
- 3 years
Competencies- Knowledge, skills, Abilities:
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in computer skills particularly Microsoft Office, especially use of Excel
- Collaboration skills, being driven to work with others and able to build strong working relationships community members and groups
- Analytical thinking
- Problem analysis and solving and consolidate financial information
- Ability to manage and priorities a varied workload and work to deadlines
- Good command of the English language and ability to prepare reports.
- Strong inter-personal skills
How to Apply
Any qualified applicants with the above mentioned requirements are requested to submit non-returnable updated CV, application and other credentials documents to the following Address: http://www.sosethiopia.org.et Only shortlisted applicants will be communicated Qualified female applicants are strongly encouraged to apply Child Protection is Everybody’s Business