Sos Children’s Villages Jobs Vacancy 2018 for Project Cashier (2) – Jobs in Ethiopia
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Applicants for the Sos Children’s Villages Jobs Vacancy 2018. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Sos Children’s Villages Jobs Vacancy 2018
SOS Children’s Villages Ethiopia is a national member association to the International Federation of SOS Children’s Villages. It is non- political, not-for-profit, and non-religious social development organization focused on the wellbeing and development of children. It was founded in 1974 and has been a development partner since then with positive outcomes in the lives of many children, families and communities.
The SOS Children’s Village Program Bahir Dar is looking for a competent and able Project Cashier for D/Markos and Woldia that meets the requirements stated bellow.
Under the direct control of the National Office Finance, the Project cashier is responsible for receiving payments made to Family and community development Program, depositing cash and cheques received to bank account, effecting cash and cheque payments. Also she is responsible, the efficient operation of secretarial activities and handles all secretarial and clerical duties of the program office.
Priority tasks & responsibilities
- Checks, accounts receive payments made to family and community development Program and provide official receipt thereon.
- Deposits daily money received by cash and cheque to bank account.
- Prepares payment vouchers for approval of concerned official.
- Administers petty cash and effects authorized payments ensuring completeness and correctness of supporting documents.
- Advances cash for authorized expenditures of the organization, ensuring completeness and correctness of supporting documents.
- Effects payment of bill such as telephone, electricity, water, etc. Upon approval of the same.
- Pays salaries according to the payroll prepared.
- Maintains petty cash fund and replenishes fund with accountant against proper payment vouchers.
- Keeps properly cash and cheque pad, printed receipts and transaction documents in safe custody.
- Keeps record of amounts received and paid, reconciles cash at hand with recorded balance.
- Notifies immediately the Program finance and admin officer of any overage or shortage incurred.
- Compiles and submits daily recipes and payments to the Program finance and admin officer with the necessary supporting documents.
- Coding all payments as per given directives
- Follow up of daily cash position.
- Makes record of all incoming and outgoing documents of the office.
- Directs written or verbal messages to concerned offices or individuals as instructed, makes necessary follow- ups of the same as necessary.
- Drafts and writes letters and memos and gives replies to general queries as instructed.
- Operates computer and typewriters to type letters and documents, operates fax, e-mail, photocopying and other offices machines.
- Books trip arrangements with ticket offices.
- Arranges necessary facilities for meetings to take place at the office.
- Prepares requests for purchase of stationary.
- Where storekeeper is not assigned, receives all purchased and received items, organizes and manages a store, issues requested and authorized items as per the procedures thereon.
- Administrators receipt and issue of stationary.
- Keeps good record of the documents of the office.
- Diploma in Accounting.
- years 2 prior experience
- Basic Computer Knowledge (Ms Word& Excel)
Competencies- Knowledge, skills, Abilities:
- Communication skills
- Information processing ability
- Numeracy skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Problem-solving skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to work independently
- Integrity and honesty
How to Apply
Any qualified applicants with the above mentioned requirements are requested to submit non-returnable updated CV, application and other credentials documents to the following Address: http://www.sosethiopia.org.et Only shortlisted applicants will be communicated Qualified female applicants are strongly encouraged to apply Child Protection is Everybody’s Business