Soufflet Malt Plc Jobs Vacancies 2018 for Malting Barley Field Executive
Soufflet Malt Plc Jobs Vacancy, Soufflet Malt Plc Recruitment, Soufflet Malt Plc Jobs Opportunities… Jobs details below…
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for the SeletHulling Plc Jobs Vacancies 2018. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
SeletHulling Plc Jobs Vacancies 2018
The Soufflet Group is a French family-owned business which is collecting and adding value to agricultural raw materials through industrial milling and malting among other activities. France’s top private cereal collector, the Group is also a major player in supplying inputs to farmers cultivating various field crops.
In malting, it is a front-rank world player on the malt market with 28 malt plants in Europe, Latin America, and Asia, located at the heart of the barley producing regions.
Varietal selection, seed multiplication, choosing the best quality barley for its malt plants and the precision of its manufacturing process all enable it to produce the finest malt for its brewer customers.
Soufflet has started its operation in Ethiopian in 2017 and is setting up a manufacturing unit and the associated value-chain, aiming to source locally 100% of its malting barley needs. To develop its procurement plan and build the value-chain, Soufflet is looking to hire Field Executive on the malting barley value chain.
The malting barley Field Executive is in charge of establishing and maintaining operational relationships with barley producers (primary cooperatives, unions, farmer leads, farmers’ loan groups, farmer service centers, commercial farmers, inputs suppliers and relevant stakeholders engaged in malt barley value chain) for promoting the growth of malting barley. In close collaboration with the barley procurement manager, (s)he supports producers in malting barley production, procurement, collection and transport to the selected warehouses, assess the needs and organize the training of producers to enable them supply good quantity and quality malting barley to the malt factory located in Addis Ababa.
Participate in the selection of malt barley producers in the existing and new areas and propose to
the malt barley procurement manager.
- Collect data on malt barley production including inputs needed (seeds and chemicals) and buying
back in the woredas of assignment and present to the malt barley procurement manager.
- Technical advises to producers and any stakeholders supporting farmers engaged in Soufflet’s
- Implement the procurement plan of the company in the selected areas.
- Predict the quantity of seed needed, contract clients, organize the seed distribution and
implement the procurement plan of the company as per the plan.
- Determine, with the procurement manager, the business objective by sector and client and
prioritize actions to increase the market share of the company in the areas of assignment.
- In close collaboration with the procurement manager, facilitate the operations from delivery of
inputs to malting barley procurement, storage and delivery to the factory (Support all the logistics
activities: coordination with transporters, warehouses management, distribution of seeds and
inputs, management of collection points)
- Implement and report the weekly positions regarding purchases of barley, sales of seeds and
other required inputs in terms of volume, value and margin.
- Bachelor’s degree or above in Agriculture/ Agronomy/Food science/ Marketing,/ Business
administration or related fields.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in agriculture in a similar organization (related to the food
industry and/or agriculture)
- Field experience (in sales and/or technical advice to farmers) is a plus.
- Knowledge of the cooperatives sector and agriculture related stakeholders (administration, input
suppliers, aggregators and traders, micro-finance institutions, etc.)
- Good interpersonal and communication skills and able to negotiate.
- Well organized and having good planning competencies.
- Fluency in English, Afan Oromoo and Amharic is a requirement
- Driving license of motorbike is a plus.
How to Apply
Interested applicants who meet the requirement are invited to send their CV and cover Letter at[email protected] before 15th August 2018. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted. The position and location of the job you are applying for must be mentioned in the subject line of your email or the cover letter.