The Lutheran World Federation, Department for World Service Jobs Vacancies 2018 for Project Accountant – Jobs in Ethiopia
አዳዲስ ስራዎች በኢትዮጵያ ውስጥ, The Lutheran World Federation, Department for World Service Jobs Vacancy, The Lutheran World Federation, Department for World Service Recruitment, The Lutheran World Federation, Department for World Service Jobs Opportunities… Job s details below…
ተፈላጊው አመልካች (ዎች) ይህንን እድል ለማጣራት በዚህ ገጽ ላይ ያሉትን ዝርዝሮች እና ሂደቶች ለመከተል.
The Lutheran World Federation, Department for World Service Vacancies 2018
Lutheran World Federation (LWF/WS – Ethiopia) is a registered foreign charity which has been operating in Ethiopia since 1973 implementing various development and humanitarian projects in different parts of Ethiopia. LWF is currently looking and invites qualified candidates to apply for the Project Accountant vacant position.
- Ensure that the overall Supervision of the project Financial Activities are properly performed and follows up that the daily routines are carried out smoothly.
- Assist the Project Coordinator in all aspects of administrative actions.
- See to it that adequate stock of supplies are requested on time and maintained in accordance with the policy of LWF.
- Operate and maintain the project’s Accounts according to LWF-ET procedures.
- Participate in the preparation of annual/ Working Budget of the project jointly with the program staff.
- Prepare monthly Fund Request together with the program staff based on the planned activity for the period.
- Make sure that the monthly fund request is for the activities planned for that period only.
- Make sure that the finance part of the Quarterly Monitoring Report (QMR) of the project tally the Narrative part of the report
- Collect the monthly financial report of the project from head office finance every month and should discuss with the concerned project staff
- Code all disbursements & receipts according to LWF/ET procedure.
- Make sure that all disbursements are summarized according to the cost centers and account codes.
- Ensure that LWF Procurement Procedures are followed and relevant financial documents, such as purchase requisitions, proforma invoice, purchase order, and Goods receiving Notes are properly raised.
- Prepares and checks Financial Statements before they are sent to the Head Office every month and to reach Head Office before five days of the next month. It includes cash count balance.
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliation statements.
- Supervise the Store Keepers and see to it that the purchase storing and issuing of goods are processed strictly in accordance with LWF procedures.
- Make sure that all project Fixed Assets are registered properly in accordance with LWF procedures.
- Control and Assist the Secretary/Cashier in all financial matters.
- Prepare monthly Payroll/ Pay Sheet for Casual workers if any, based on the approved attendance and other relevant documents in consultation with the Project Coordinator.
- Together with the Project Coordinator, She is Answerable for all Purchases and Disbursements in regard to budgetary provisions and stipulations.
- Make sure that all necessary and appropriate taxes like 2% or 30% With Hold tax (WHT), Income taxes, pension contributions are deducted and paid to the concerned Offices of government on time
- Make sure that all disbursements are in accordance with LWF financial procedures.
- Make sure that all disbursements are not out of the Budget Allocated for each line items
- As a responsible head for accounts of the project, she makes surprise cash count and reports to the Project Coordinator.
- Where the Accountant is not convinced about certain payments or payment procedures authorized by the Project Coordinator, she should explain her concerns. But if still there is disagreement, the accountant should refer to the Finance Manager at Head Office for advice.
- Follow procedure as outlined in LWF/DWS-ET Staff Rules, Collective Agreement and other Operation Manuals.
No. required: 1 (one)
Report to: Senior Team Leader
Employment Term: Until 31 December 2018 with high possibility of extension
Qualification and Work Experience
- B.A Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Excellent skill in computer applications
- Minimum of three years relevant work experience
- Excellent written and oral English Language skills required
- Knowledge of the Somali language is advantageous
- Previous related experience in NGO setup is an advantage
- Relevant on job training’s are advantageous.
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the above requirement can send ONLY detailed C.V and application letter to our Project offices in Awbare or Jigjiga which is found behind Ethiopian Electric Power Corporation Regional Office (the previous Kebele 01).
LWF World Service Ethiopia is an equal opportunity employer. LWF World Service Ethiopia considers all applicants based on merit regardless of sex, color, religion, ethnicity, age, marital status or disability except for affirmative action to bring gender equity.
Women are encouraged to apply and only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Deadline for Application: 26 September 2018