Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH hereby invites applications from Ethiopia for recruitment to a TVET Expert Agro-business Sector Position at Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH. The application will close on Oct 29, 2020.
Location: Mekele, Tigray
Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH advertised posts are as follows:
Required Candidate: One
Support skills enhancement of youth and women in catchments of Agro-Industrial Parks in Baeker, Humera in Tigray (from Mekelle):
- Coordinating at regional level and with the other team members in the other regions of intervention (Amhara, Oromia and SNNPR) the implementation of short and long-term trainings and the establishment of training and career services centers for rising awareness on decent job opportunities in the parks;
- Engaging and developing relations with partners (e.g. parks’ management, educational institutions as well as private businesses in and around the parks) to strengthen their capacity to implement long- and short-term trainings and to establish agro-industry specific training centers and employment related services for the agro-industry parks;
- Fostering the networks between relevant stakeholders in the park and the catchment area, especially private companies and education institutions;
- Steering and coordinating with local and international consultants and other sub-contractors for the implementation of the action;
- Supporting in the design and organization of events such as workshops, trainings, and conferences and responsible for their implementation at regional level;
- Implementing other project activities in order to reach the project’s objectives – areas of involvement will be agreed upon as needed.
Support all general project management activities such as:
- Facilitate learnings and contribute to knowledge management;
- Implement the EU visibility and communication strategy in your respective location;
- Support monitoring activities (M&E);
- Work in close coordination with a team of local and international experts;
- Preparation of required documents such as ToR, concepts, strategies, report and operational plans for current and follow-on phase of the project.
- Implement tasks under the technical and disciplinary supervision of the Component Manager of STEP.
- M.A./M.Sc or higher in the field of (agro-)economics, (agro-) business administration, (agro-)engineering or related;
- At least 10 years professional experience in the private sector (e.g. Engineering, Capacity Development, Entrepreneurship) or working with/for the private sector (e.g. in private sector development projects, BDS, consultancy, SMEs support etc.) and/or in TVET sector
- Experience in working for or cooperating with international development cooperation organizations is an asset
- Experience in working with industrial parks is an asset
Other knowledge, additional competencies
- Strong ability for capacity building and cooperation with TVET sector for implementation
- Knowledge on employment-oriented education expected
- Access to local and sector specific networks and excellent reputation
- Added value: Training/teaching experience…
- Fluent in written and spoken English and Amharic is required
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates shall submit their motivation letter along with their non-returnable recent CV via Email: email@example.com
Please make sure you mention the vacancy number and position title ‘TVET Expert Agro-business Sector #139/2020’ in the subject line of your email application. Due to large number of applications we categorise applications with the vacancy numbers. Applications without vacancy numbers in subject lines might not be categorized in the appropriate folder and could be disqualified.
Applications without vacancy numbers in subject lines might not be categorized in the appropriate folder and could be disqualified.
We encourage persons with disabilities to apply for the position. In case of equal qualification, persons with disabilities will be given preference.
Applications from qualified women are encouraged.
“Please refer to our brochure to learn more about GIZ’s attractive benefit package.”