Unhcr Jobs Vacancies 2018 for ICT Assistant
Unhcr Jobs Vacancy, Unhcr Recruitment, Unhcr Jobs Opportunities… Jobs details below…
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for the Unhcr Jobs Vacancies 2018. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Unhcr Jobs Vacancies 2018
The UNHCR Sub-Office in Melkadida is planning to undertake a comprehensive Level-3 Registration Exercises in the five (5) Refugee Camps named Buramino, Helaweyn, Kobe, Melkadida and Bokolmanyo.
Under the direct supervision of Associate Data Management Officer, the incumbent will manage network connections, clients and server systems and other system or network related issues we may face. He will check each day that all clients are properly working, connected to the network and properly guarded against any malicious software.
- Installation and configuration of all types of ICT equipment, LAN cabling, servers, routers, printers, which is required to meet the requirements for the Level 3 Registration operation in the five camps under UNHCR Melkadida Sub Office;
- Maintenance of all types of ICT equipment;
- Ensures that the equipment under his/her responsibility is in good working condition, by inspecting regularly the hardware and installations. If required arranges promptly repairs or replacement as necessary according to established procedures;
- Maintains records of the installations and repairs/replacements done and keeps the team leader fully informed on the status of the equipment;
- Provides Technical Briefing/Training on the equipment to local ICT resources and users, ensuring that they are able to maintain/use the equipment;
- Keep a proper inventory of all ICT equipment and material in all sites and as well as spares and returns spare parts for repair/replacement;
- Perform any task or other related activity requested by the supervisor.
- To decide on appropriate resolution to incidents
- Escalating incidents where they cannot be resolved at the office level
- Educational: Completion of Secondary Education with a post-secondary/certification or its equivalent in a technical or professional institution with course work or training in Information Technology, Telecommunications or similar field with certification on IT systems;
- Languages: Good communications skills in English is essential (written and spoken), Knowledge of Local language is an asset;
- Job Experience: Hand on experience of several of the following: LAN installation and support, Knowledge of LAN configuration and network implementation, IT support.
How to Apply
This vacancy is open for qualified Ethiopians only.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
UNHCR is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
Applicants who wish to be considered for this position should send a motivation letter and factsheet/P11 Form to: Human Resources Unit through the online application system using the link below:-
Candidates will be required to sit for interview.
Due to the volume of applications only short listed candidates will be invited for further interview.
Refugees – who cares? We Do.